2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
People like to piss on power rankings but I think they are interesting. They are 100% meaningless but they do give you a sense of how a team is perceived nationally relative to all the other teams.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
People like to piss on power rankings but I think they are interesting. They are 100% meaningless but they do give you a sense of how a team is perceived nationally relative to all the other teams.
We tend to do best when we are dogged coming into a season. Of course that was in the days of Tony Romo.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, this is what interests me, as well. Just how a team is perceived nationally outside of the four walls of the fanbase's "house.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This is the way I usually feel about power rankings but to have one based on F.A. is just a bridge to far.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Someone just told me we signed Witten to a 4 year extension. Not sure I see it elsewhere.

Cotton

Staff member
Someone just told me we signed Witten to a 4 year extension. Not sure I see it elsewhere.
Yeah, just posted a thread about it. It's true.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Code for, we are keeping noodle arm, suck it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys suffer $2.5M cap hit after repayment of loan to NFL

This certainly isn't ideal for a Dallas Cowboys' team already facing a salary cap crunch.
by Patrik Walker

 @VoiceOfTheStar

4h ago • 1 min read Update 3h ago

The league giveth, and the league taketh away.

Without adding any additional firepower or insurance to the team's roster, the Dallas Cowboys lost a bit of their salary cap this week. It all stems from reconciliation of a cap space loan the team took out in the offseason of 2011. At the time, the NFL allowed teams the option of taking a maximum $3M advance that could be used towards the 2011 cap -- with an additional max of $1.5M towards 2012.

On Monday, per The Cowboys Wire, it came time for the team to pay the league piper.

The repayment caused the team to suffer a $2.5M cap hit, dropping them to only $2,495,979 in available cap space -- per NFLPA.
------------

:lol

Yeah, but Stephen Jones is like a cap genius and stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys suffer $2.5M cap hit after repayment of loan to NFL

This certainly isn't ideal for a Dallas Cowboys' team already facing a salary cap crunch.
by Patrik Walker

 @VoiceOfTheStar

4h ago • 1 min read Update 3h ago

The league giveth, and the league taketh away.

Without adding any additional firepower or insurance to the team's roster, the Dallas Cowboys lost a bit of their salary cap this week. It all stems from reconciliation of a cap space loan the team took out in the offseason of 2011. At the time, the NFL allowed teams the option of taking a maximum $3M advance that could be used towards the 2011 cap -- with an additional max of $1.5M towards 2012.

On Monday, per The Cowboys Wire, it came time for the team to pay the league piper.

The repayment caused the team to suffer a $2.5M cap hit, dropping them to only $2,495,979 in available cap space -- per NFLPA.
------------

:lol

Yeah, but Stephen Jones is like a cap genius and stuff.
I don't think I have ever heard of a cap space loan.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah how do I not remember this at all. Was it part of the bullshit Austin punishment?
I don't think so. I think that was settled already. Not sure what this was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A few other teams took the loan that uncapped year, most paid it back before this league year.
Well you wouldn't need a loan for the uncapped year. That wouldn't make sense. This was for the year after I assume?

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like it's not just us.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Looks like it's not just us.

~crickets~

Cotton

Staff member

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
There's no way Romo isn't on that list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom