2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which is laughable.

But I guess it worked out, because wasn't that the pick that became Prescott?
Yeah one of those stupid situations where we were actually helped out by the league screwing us. If that pick is in the third round who knows if we would have taken Prescott with a high fourth rounder instead.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's not just as simple as saying we should have got more for Murray in comp picks. It doesn't just go off of players you lose. It also takes into consideration players you sign. Who did we sign as FA that year and what did we sign them for?

Edit: DE Greg Hardy, FB Jed Collins, ILB Jasper Brinkley, RB Darren McFadden, OLB Andrew Gachkar, ILB Keith Rivers, CB Corey White.

That's who we signed the year Murray left.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Yeah one of those stupid situations where we were actually helped out by the league screwing us. If that pick is in the third round who knows if we would have taken Prescott with a high fourth rounder instead.
Odds are we take Connor Cook with the comp if it's a 3rd. I think we were trying to trade up for him in the 4th.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:zzz

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Odds are we take Connor Cook with the comp if it's a 3rd. I think we were trying to trade up for him in the 4th.
We did try and you're probably right. Cook probably becomes the comp pick and our fourth rounder remains Tapper.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

:zzz
Swing tackle/TE hybrid beast :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Mod edit: Had to fix the boozer's FAIL.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Atta boy, Zeke. Give the league more ammo to use against you.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
God damn it.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Atta boy, Zeke. Give the league more ammo to use against you.
Not a smart move but I am wondering about the context. Is this woman part of a group he is with? She definitely recoils when he pulls her shirt down but is she laughing about it afterwards? If this is just some random woman he was standing next to and she was pissed about what he did he is going to get in some trouble for sure, as he should. But if it is a friend he was messing around with I don't see how it is a big deal. Still a bad decision given his pending sexual assault case but if it was playfully done to a friend who isn't upset about it I don't think he should face any sort of consequences from the NFL.

Edit: just read the article. Kind of a mix of the two. Not a previous acquaintance but also not upset about it. Hard to say if he'll get punished. I don't think he should but I am not Sheriff Goodell.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a smart move but I am wondering about the context. Is this woman part of a group he is with? She definitely recoils when he pulls her shirt down but is she laughing about it afterwards? If this is just some random woman he was standing next to and she was pissed about what he did he is going to get in some trouble for sure, as he should. But if it is a friend he was messing around with I don't see how it is a big deal. Still a bad decision given his pending sexual assault case but if it was playfully done to a friend who isn't upset about it I don't think he should face any sort of consequences from the NFL.
The woman is playing to paradegoers and motions at her breasts -- then points to Zeke. Next thing you know, he reaches over and pulls her top down, exposing her bare breast. She scrambles to cover up.

We spoke with Elliott's rep who told us the woman wasn't upset ... and actually hung out with Zeke and a group of friends after the parade ended.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The woman is playing to paradegoers and motions at her breasts -- then points to Zeke. Next thing you know, he reaches over and pulls her top down, exposing her bare breast. She scrambles to cover up.

We spoke with Elliott's rep who told us the woman wasn't upset ... and actually hung out with Zeke and a group of friends after the parade ended.
Not a big deal but given what is already hanging over him it was a stupid decision. This kid is really seems like a dumb jock. Hopefully there are no repercussions to this. There really should not be but knowing the NFL they'll sure try and do something.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a big deal but given what is already hanging over him it was a stupid decision. This kid is really seems like a dumb jock. Hopefully there are no repercussions to this. There really should not be but knowing the NFL they'll sure try and do something.
Well yeah all it takes is to do that to a money hungry girl who claims sexual assault. Its just too risky for a guy in his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom