Test him.

:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The hyperactive Joe Pesci.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
A few weeks ago, Rob Dibble pulled "PEDs" out of his ass to explain Altuve's increased power.

Nah, it can't be more plate discipline and improved mechanics. Let's just throw out "steroids" on Twitter. I hated Dibble as a player and it seems he's still a douche.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
May the inside of your thighs chafe as you walk to work.
Lol. I just saw your post above and hadn't heard the Dibble acquisations. I like Altuve but still want his batting eye and hands to burn off.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I gotta say, I don't see this resemblance.
He doesn't look like him in the face. More like his mannerisms reminds me of Pesci.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned
Nevermind.:sad

ROUND ROCK - With a fan base clamoring for Alex Bregman to receive his highly anticipated promotion to the major leagues, the Astros' latest roster decision serves as a plot twist in the story that is their season.

Tony DeFrancesco, manager of the organization's Class AAA Fresno affiliate, summoned a player into his office after Thursday night's 3-0 loss to Round Rock at Dell Diamond. But it was not the player most expected.

It was Preston Tucker.

Tucker will rejoin the Astros on Friday ahead of their series opener against the Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park. The lefthanded-hitting outfielder/designated hitter will fill the 25-man roster spot vacated by A.J. Reed, the struggling rookie first baseman who was optioned back to Class AAA on Thursday.

Bregman's turn will have to wait.

"I'm excited for it. It's an opportunity," Tucker said. "I feel like I've been swinging the bat really well, especially against righthanders, and I think that's where they're going to use me."

Tucker, 26, batted .301 with eight home runs, 14 double and three triples in 209 at-bats with Fresno. After opening the season as the Astros' primary DH, Tucker saw a struggle-filled six weeks earn him a demotion on May 15.

Tucker does homework

At the time he was optioned, Tucker was batting .176 with a .566 OPS in 85 at-bats.

"Obviously, I wasn't where I wanted to be when I was up there earlier in the year, and I had some things I needed to work on," he said. "I came down and really focused on some little things with my approach, and I feel like I've done a lot better job with that.

"I think all in all I'm more prepared at the plate, and I think I can go up there with a little better plan."

Reed, 23, viewed as the team's first baseman of the future, struggled in his three-plus weeks of exposure to the major leagues. After batting .156 with a .539 OPS in 45 at-bats with the Astros, the regular at-bats in Class AAA hopefully will prove more beneficial to his development.

Regarding Bregman, a promotion appears just around the corner. Even after an 0-for-3 night Thursday, the Astros' top prospect is batting .371 through his first 70 at-bats in the Pacific Coast League.

Bregman's bat is clearly ready for the next challenge. But perhaps the Astros want the 22-year-old shortstop to garner more exposure at third base and left field, the positions he likely will play most in the majors this year, before they call him up.

Thursday's start in left field was only Bregman's second as a professional and marked his first time playing there all nine innings. On Wednesday, a foot injury to infielder Jack Mayfield forced Bregman back to his natural position of shortstop for the game's final 31/2 innings.

Two fly balls were hit Bregman's way on Wednesday; none on Thursday. He worked in the outfield before Thursday's game for the fourth consecutive day, running after fly balls and line drives under the direction of Leon Roberts, the Astros' roving outfield instructor.

'Just a deeper shortstop'

As Fresno returns home Friday for an eight-game homestand, Bregman is "going to go back and forth, from outfield to infield," DeFrancesco said.

"That will be pretty much his routine here for a while," DeFrancesco said. "We've just got to get him acclimated to both positions, make him comfortable and make sure he's ready when he does get an opportunity."

Although the former LSU star hadn't previously played the outfield professionally or even collegiately, Bregman saw time there while in high school during summer ball. His reintroduction to the position began before Monday's series opener in Round Rock.

Outfield positioning and seeing the ball off the bat from a new position are among the adjustments Bregman must make. He was told, as he recounted Thursday with a smile, that left field is "just a deeper shortstop." Repetitions in the outfield will be key.

Bregman made his first Class AAA start at third base Tuesday after logging 11 games there while with Class AA Corpus Christi. Once in the major leagues, he should see playing time at multiple positions. Shortstop is of course occupied by reigning American League Rookie of the Year Carlos Correa.

"I really don't care where I play," Bregman said. "I'm just trying to help contribute to whatever team I'm on and help that team win games. Really, I'll play wherever."

Asked before Thursday's game about the speculation of an imminent call-up, Bregman said he was focused on that night's game.

"I'm trying to keep my head where my feet are," he said. "My feet are playing for the Fresno Grizzlies, so my mind needs to be there as well. That's really all I'm focused on."

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I was hoping the Rangers wouldn't get Sale, but now it appears he threw a psychotic hissy fit and cut up his throwback jersey because it was uncomfortable. Now I'm thinking he might be a good fit for the Arlington clubhouse.

Rev

Staff member
I was hoping the Rangers wouldn't get Sale, but now it appears he threw a psychotic hissy fit and cut up his throwback jersey because it was uncomfortable. Now I'm thinking he might be a good fit for the Arlington clubhouse.
:lol

Between him and Odor who knows what could happen.

Rev

Staff member
and dont think Sale to the Rangers is going to happen. The White Sox are asking for the moon. Mazara, Gallo, Profar, and others.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
and dont think Sale to the Rangers is going to happen. The White Sox are asking for the moon. Mazara, Gallo, Profar, and others.
Just hell no.

Cotton

Staff member
White Sox suspended Sale for 5 games.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
If I'm the Cubs & Schwarber, Soler, & Gleyber Torres could get it done I would probably pull the trigger. Sale is a big time top of the rotation arm. Arrieta, Sale, & Lester at the top of the rotation for the rest of this year & next year and that whole 100+ years thing may finally be a thing of the past.

Rev

Staff member
Test Altuve.

Top Bottom