2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Laughed when that Jets fan kid said "I barely know who that guy is".

That's what is amazing to me. The NFL makes money, big money, out of casual fans.
Witness the Texans' announcement with their robotic entourage cheering on cue when they announce picking a player most of them have never heard of.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still crazy Billings hasn't been picked. I'm sure Dallas won't go 3 D-lineman in a row but Billings is this years Ajayi basically.

dallen

Senior Tech
Any feelings on Brandon Allen at this point? I know some on here like him.
He's smart. Really put it together late in his Senior season. Not the strongest arm, but he's pretty accurate. I wouldn't hate it if we picked him up at the end of the fourth. I'd love it if we got him in the sixth. I am biased but after watching then both in the SEC, Allen is going to have a better career than Prescott. I think his floor is decent backup

Jiggyfly

Banned
3mIan Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
If the #Cowboys didn't take #NotreDame LB Jaylon Smith in the 2nd round, the #Patriots would have. Explains why they dealt 1 2nd rounder

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Fuck. I know we weren't going to take him, but it still sucks to see him go.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's smart. Really put it together late in his Senior season. Not the strongest arm, but he's pretty accurate. I wouldn't hate it if we picked him up at the end of the fourth. I'd love it if we got him in the sixth. I am biased but after watching then both in the SEC, Allen is going to have a better career than Prescott. I think his floor is decent backup
Isn't that sort of what we have at backup QB now?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is the point where the draft telecasts come off the rails.

The picks are too fast and these announcers struggle.

And these gay guest announcers don't help things.

dallen

Senior Tech
Isn't that sort of what we have at backup QB now?
He isn't weak armed. Just don't expect him to hit a guy in stride 60 yards downfield very often. He's strong on his short and intermediate throws. I think his best trait is that he got better every season, and was still improving at the end of the year. Unlike Moore I don't think he's realized all his potential yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom