2016 Mock Drafts

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But it would suck to be at 4 and get a player of 8-12 value. Being in the top 5 you want a franchise caliber impact player.
Sure, but it would suck worse to start at 8. Because then the best you can hope for is a 8-12 value.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Sure, but it would suck worse to start at 8. Because then the best you can hope for is a 8-12 value.
The point is, this year that's about what we'll get at 4. Being at 4 will really only help us if we get a top notch QB or are able to work a trade. Sure I'd take 4 over 8, but this year it's probably not that big of a difference looking at who is available.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The point is, this year that's about what we'll get at 4. Being at 4 will really only help us if we get a top notch QB or are able to work a trade. Sure I'd take 4 over 8, but this year it's probably not that big of a difference looking at who is available.
Of course I wish there were more special talents in this draft. There just aren't those "freak prospects" at the top of this draft. But even those types of talents can be misses (Clowney for example). None of that changes the fact that picking at 4 is way better then picking at 8. Hell I really wish we were picking even higher.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Of course I wish there were more special talents in this draft. There just aren't those "freak prospects" at the top of this draft. But even those types of talents can be misses (Clowney for example). None of that changes the fact that picking at 4 is way better then picking at 8. Hell I really wish we were picking even higher.
4 is better than 8. I'm just saying the way it's shaping up now, most of the players in the 4-8 range are rated pretty much the same. It's not as if this draft has 4-5 top prospects and then a drop down to the next tier. Of course now we can have our pick of the one we like best even if they are ranked similarly, as well as trade down possibilities.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Of course now we can have our pick of the one we like best even if they are ranked similarly, as well as trade down possibilities.
Not just the player we like best, but potentially get our choice of position as well. Which can really be helpful when a couple of those players are corner/safeties.

Yea, pretty much every "elite" DB prospect who was taken in the 1st round and ended up actually being elite in the NFL had at least 5 or 6 INT's in college, with most having several more than that.

Ramsey has 3 and I've seen him show poor ball skills this season in a few games. He has elite physical ability but I don't want to spend a top 5 pick on a DB like that, I'd rather just roll the dice on a QB who I know is a project and needs developing.
It's funny how we all have these name guys we want in the first round and throughout the draft, but everyone keeps forgetting what's happened the last 4 or 5 years. They always seem to pick a no named backup special teams player that has potential that always leaves us scratching our heads.." With the Cowboys 4th pick in the first round of the 2016 Nfl draft, the Cowboys select; Johnny Jumblebuns, TE from WGAS Arkansas."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I would rather have Goff. And, I can't imagine Hargreaves going that high.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I would rather have Goff. And, I can't imagine Hargreaves going that high.
Yeah right now I must say Goff is my favorite. Just threw such a perfect ball in their bowl game.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Lynch over Goff? FLUSH
I like both of them and think both will be solid starters in this league. I would put Goff first though. I just hope that Jerry doesnt screw us and bring in a retread QB. Pick the highest rated QB and let him sit and learn. I cant see Romo making it through a full season so you know he will get atleast a game or two game action. If we pass up a QB we are asking for trouble.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I would say Myles Jack is/was a freak talent before the knee injury.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say Myles Jack is/was a freak talent before the knee injury.
Freak athlete yes, but did he absolutely dominate at LBer? His stats don't really show it and he was only like a second team PAC-12 LBer. Admittedly, I didn't pay close attention to the guy over a year ago when he was still healthy. Is he really an elite player on the field? Or is he just an elite athlete getting projected?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Freak athlete yes, but did he absolutely dominate at LBer? His stats don't really show it and he was only like a second team PAC-12 LBer. Admittedly, I didn't pay close attention to the guy over a year ago when he was still healthy. Is he really an elite player on the field? Or is he just an elite athlete getting projected?
Jack is kind of a hard guy to evaluate in ways because he is so good in coverage that UCLA had him playing in coverage a huge amount of the time. His footwork, agility, speed and just general cover ability is so good that they literally had him lining up as a slot CB at times, covering WR's and TE's. There were times where he was in man coverage and would carry a WR or TE 15-20 yards down the field right off the LOS. There was one play against Kansas St. last year in their bowl game where he ran with a guy down the seam about 20 yards downfield, flipped his hips and made the pick right in front of him, basically running the route for him.

So yes, in that regard I would definitely say that he is an elite player on the field despite somewhat underwhelming stats. He is also an explosive/aggressive tackler but he wasn't playing right at the LOS as much as a guy like Jaylon Smith so you didn't see it as much, although over the first 2 years of their career Jack had 15 TFL to Smith's 14.5, on top of a ridiculous 18 PD's despite playing RB as well.

Just go on YouTube and watch his game against Kansas St. in their bowl game last year, it'll tell you all you need to know. This game was not a one-off type of deal for him in terms of how much they had him lined up basically as a CB, I've seen them do it in almost every game I've watched of him.

The only real question I have on him are his instincts, he gets caught up in the wash a little bit more than I'd like to see but I thought something similar of Jaylon Smith and everybody lauds his instincts, so maybe that's just something you deal with and hope to improve at the next level.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What I have seen of Myles Jack's tackling concerns me a little bit. He doesn't always do the best job of wrapping up. He does get some woo hits but I've seen those too often turn into NFL RBs shrugging them off and continuing to run.

This game was not a one-off type of deal for him in terms of how much they had him lined up basically as a CB, I've seen them do it in almost every game I've watched of him.
Now this is actually something that would be huge for an NFL defensive coordinator. Any time they can avoid having to go to their sub packages (nickle and dime) it really gives a defensive coordinator an advantage. When you have a LBer with those types of coverage skills you can use him on TEs when they split out instead of feeling like you need to go to your nickle package and weaken the run defense. I certainly think Myles Jack has a physical skill set that a defensive coordinator would love to be able to use. But I also don't want to fall in love with a guy just because he is a supreme athlete who doesn't have the instincts to translate it to the field.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What I have seen of Myles Jack's tackling concerns me a little bit. He doesn't always do the best job of wrapping up. He does get some woo hits but I've seen those too often turn into NFL RBs shrugging them off and continuing to run.

Now this is actually something that would be huge for an NFL defensive coordinator. Any time they can avoid having to go to their sub packages (nickle and dime) it really gives a defensive coordinator an advantage. When you have a LBer with those types of coverage skills you can use him on TEs when they split out instead of feeling like you need to go to your nickle package and weaken the run defense. I certainly think Myles Jack has a physical skill set that a defensive coordinator would love to be able to use. But I also don't want to fall in love with a guy just because he is a supreme athlete who doesn't have the instincts to translate it to the field.
His instincts in coverage are excellent for a LB as far as I can tell, and he also has soft hands to make the INT. Watch the plays of him against Kansas St. and when you see the INT he makes, you won't question his ability in coverage. I honestly think the guy could damn near play a Kam Chancellor role as a safety that is in the box the vast majority of the time, I wouldn't do that with him because I think it dilutes his talent to some extent, but I think he could do it if asked.

I have some questions about him for sure but I know the following for a fact; the guy is one of the best coverage LB's I've ever seen in college that actually has real NFL LB size and isn't just a jumbo DB like Su'a Cravens, he is an elite athlete in terms of size/speed and he is an explosive tackler.

I question his instincts and his ability to shed blocks but if he runs below a 4.55 or so he would probably be my top choice at 4 of the non-QB's/Bosa.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/06/2016-nfl-mock-draft-bosa-two-rounds/

1. Tennessee (3-13) – Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss, Jr.

The Titans found their franchise quarterback last season in the draft. Let's see if they can keep the party going. They have a glaring weakness at right tackle. Tunsil is talented enough to force former first round pick and current left tackle Taylor Lewan to fill the hole on the right side. He has the feet, quickness and agility to be a star right away. Top needs: OT, DT, S

2. Cleveland (3-13) – Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio St., Jr.

Do the Browns take best player available or best quarterback available? I’m not sold on there being an “Andrew Luck” in this crop of prospects so it might be wise to pass on a signal caller this early. Bosa has the physical gifts and instincts to make an impact right away. Top needs: QB, DE, WR

3. San Diego (4-12) – Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame, Jr.

Even if the Chargers offensive line were indestructible, which they are clearly not, an influx of talent wouldn’t hurt. Stanley could have easily been a Top 10 selection last draft. He steps in as the starting right tackle day one, and would eventually transition into Philip Rivers’ blindside protector. I imagine sooner rather than later. Top needs: OL, DL, WR

4. Dallas (4-12) – Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss, Jr.

Jerry Jones clearly doesn't shy away from talent – Nkemdiche has plenty – regardless of off-the-field issues (See: Hardy, Greg and Gregory, Randy). Nkemdiche reminds me of a slightly less polished version of Leonard Williams, the Jets first round pick from a year ago. How he carries himself during the pre-draft process and reacts to the scrutiny from both teams and media will determine where he lands on draft weekend, but I don't expect him to fall out of the first round. Top needs: LB, DT, QB

5. Jacksonville (5-11) – Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida, Jr.

Hargreaves is a pro-ready shutdown corner, and the best player at his position since Patrick Peterson in 2011. Top needs: CB, DL, OL

6. Baltimore (5-11) – Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida St., Jr.

It's rare for the Ravens to be drafting this early. GM Ozzie Newsome makes it count by finally finding his replacement for future Hall of Famer Ed Reed. Ramsey is a play-maker who can play either cornerback or safety at the next level. Top needs: S, OLB, WR

7. San Francisco (5-11) – Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss, Jr.

Colin Kaepernick could return next season depending on who is hired as head coach, so I'm not convinced they go quarterback here. It's also sounding like there is a chance former All-Pro right tackle Anthony Davis returns from an early retirement. That leaves wide receiver as a major need. Treadwell has recovered nicely from last season's gruesome leg injury. His potential at the next level? Think a middle class Dez Bryant or Julio Jones. Top needs: RT, WR, QB

8. Miami (6-10) – Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA, Jr.

The Dolphins currently have one linebacker who can play all three downs. According to Pro Football Focus, Jack was the top-graded linebacker in coverage in 2014 while playing the third-most snaps in the country with 1,109. As long as his rehab goes well, he will hear his name called early in prime time, much like Todd Gurley last year. Top needs: LB, CB, OL

9. Tampa Bay (6-10) – DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon, Sr.

Like Bosa, Buckner can play the run and rush the passer. He finished the regular season with 11 sacks, 14 hits and 39 hurries on the quarterback. He'd fit Lovie Smith's system perfectly. Top needs: DE, OT, DB

10. N.Y. Giants (6-10) – Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma St., Jr.

The Giants compete for championships when they feature a dominant pass rush. Ogbah scored 11 sacks as a sophomore because of his freakish athleticism. He had 13 this season even though he was a focus of opposing offenses’ blocking schemes. Top needs: SS, OL, pass rusher

11. Chicago (6-10) – Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia, Jr.

Floyd could be this draft class' best pure pass rusher and he certainly fits a need for the Bears. Top needs: pass rusher, CB, OG

12. New Orleans (7-9) – Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson, Jr.

The Saints defense was simply awful, specifically because they were unable to generate any meaningful pressure on opposing quarterbacks. Lawson, a first-team AP All-American, leads the nation with 23.5 tackles for a loss and is tied for 11th with 10.5 sacks. Top needs: WR, OL, pass rusher

13. Philadelphia (7-9) – Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio St., So.

Lee has proven to be a dynamic play-maker during his short time in Columbus. With Bosa ejected early on an already-depleted defensive line, Lee was pivotal in the Buckeyes’ 44-28 Fiesta Bowl victory over the Fighting Irish. He tied for the team lead with seven tackles, including two sacks. Top needs: OL, pass rusher, DB

14. Oakland (7-9) – Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson, So.

If Alexander has allowed a reception this season, I haven’t witnessed it. He was the catalyst for a Tigers defense that ranks ninth-best nationally in pass defense. Top needs: OL, S, CB

15. St. Louis (7-9) – Jared Goff, QB, California, Jr.

The Rams are another team in desperate need of a QB. Goff has his flaws, but he's an effective downfield passer who has performed well under pressure, especially against the blitz. Top needs: WR, C, QB

16. Detroit (7-9) – A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama, Jr.

Robinson's versatility will fit nicely with the Lions current make-up. He's capable of owning the line of scrimmage against the run, and there's room for growth as a pass rusher if he gets the opportunity at the next level. Top needs: OT, CB, DL

17. Atlanta (8-8) – Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor, Jr.

The Falcons have become a one dimensional passing game with no one opposite Julio Jones who strikes fear in opposing defensive coordinators. Many consider Coleman the best deep threat in the nation. It’s hard to argue. Top needs: WR, OLB, ILB

18. Indianapolis (8-8) – Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio St., Sr.

Despite his height – he's 6-foot-7 – Decker moves quite well and plays with great balance in the run game. He'd also be a massive upgrade for what currently passes for Andrew Luck protection in Indy. Top needs: OL, pass rusher, CB

19. Buffalo (8-8) – Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama, Sr.

The Bills land an every down enforcer who is rarely out of position. Ragland is capable of transforming a defense with his leadership and fits a position of need. Top needs: QB, FS, LB

20. N.Y. Jets (10-6) – Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio St., Jr.

There's little doubt Elliott will be the first running back taken – assuming Leonard Fournette doesn't sue the NFL. He brings big-play ability, is an effective receiver out of the backfield and has proven to be outstanding in pass protection. Top needs: OT, pass rusher, TE

21. Pittsburgh (10-6) – Jaylon Smith, OLB, Notre Dame, Jr.

Smith's knee injury couldn't have come at a worse time. He likely would have been a top 5 pick. Now, everything is up in the air. Maybe he returns to college in order to make-up his lost value. If he doesn't, I expect a playoff team to take a shot. The first team AP All-American is a special athlete for the position. He is equally adept at dropping into coverage, against the run or rushing the passer. Top needs: OL, DB, TE

22. Seattle (10-6) – Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan St., Jr.

The Seahawks offensive line has been mediocre at best the past few seasons. Conklin isn't about flash. He's a grinder and simply doesn't make mistakes -- a trait the Seahawks offensive line could definitely use. Top needs: OT, DL, WR

23. Green Bay (10-6) – Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama, Sr.

B.J. Raji isn’t getting any younger. Reed is the heart and soul of the Crimson Tide's vaunted defensive line. He was a big part of the reason Leonard Fournette only managed 31 rushing yards against the Tide. Top needs: pass rusher, NT, SS

24. Kansas City (11-5) – Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor, Jr.

Billings has quietly shot up the charts as one of the most intriguing defensive tackle prospects in college football. He exhibits rare traits as an interior run defender, but his sack production (5.5 sacks) suggests he could be a "three-down" player in the NFL. Top needs: OT, DE, WR

25. Washington (9-7) – Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA, Jr.

Washington surrendered 123 yards per game on the ground – 26th in the NFL – during the regular season. Clark is the best run defender at the collegiate level. This is a perfect match. Top needs: QB, CB, LB

26. Houston (9-7) – Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis, Jr.

Bill O'Brien has somehow made it work without a franchise quarterback so far. Once again, I’m not really enamored with any of the QB prospects, but each of them has an elite quality and potential which could be developed at the next level. For Lynch, it is his NFL size, arm strength and surprising athleticism. Top needs: QB, LB, RB

27. Minnesota (11-5) – Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida, Sr.

The Vikings are close to fielding a dominant defense. Bullard is a classic two-gap run-stuffer with size, physicality and a blue-collar playing style that would be a huge upgrade on the Vikings' defensive line. Top needs: DE, OG, WR

28. Cincinnati (12-4) – Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio St., Jr.

Thomas has proven he can make plays across the middle while utilizing his deceptive speed. He's a route technician and he'd compliment A.J. Green perfectly. Top needs: WR, C, DL

29. Denver (12-4) – Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama, Jr.

John Elway has already built a dominant defense. Couple that with a Henry-led power running game, and all of a sudden you have a vision of what the post-Peyton Manning world looks like. Top needs: RB, OL, DL

30. Arizona (13-3) – Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama, Jr.

The Cardinals defensive line has aged and could use a youth movement. Allen recorded two sacks against Ole Miss and was impressive against Wisconsin. He has 36 tackles with 14.5 for a loss, 12 sacks, two forced fumbles and four passes batted in 2015. Top needs: DE, ILB, C

31. Carolina (15-1) – Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU, Jr.

Good size? Check. High-end athleticism? Check. Superior toughness? Check. Sounds like potential shutdown cornerback to me. Top needs: OT, WR, DB

NOTE: New England was stripped of a first round pick in the 2016 draft for the team's role in the deflated footballs scandal.

SECOND ROUND

32. Cleveland – Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota St., Sr.

33. Tennessee – Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio St., Sr.

34. Dallas – Connor Cook, QB, Michigan St., Sr.

-------

No way we go Nkemdiche at 4. Also even though I've read a lot about neither top QB being true top 10 prospects, can't see them going 15th and 26th. Then we get Cook in the 2nd while just missing out on Wentz. No wonder the Chargers want to move to LA, the SD paper is terrible.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
No way we go Nkemdiche at 4. Also even though I've read a lot about neither top QB being true top 10 prospects, can't see them going 15th and 26th. Then we get Cook in the 2nd while just missing out on Wentz. No wonder the Chargers want to move to LA, the SD paper is terrible.
This mock is all over the damn place.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Before his crazziness it may have been possible. He was being projected as that type of an elite prospect (I personally disagreed). But with the hole smoking incident you have to think Nkemdiche is in a bit of a free fall. This mock is pretty terrible in general though. I think pretty much any of us posters could put together a better mock.

Cotton

Staff member
Brugler's latest mock:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25436870/nfl-mock-draft-jared-goff-not-johnny-manziel-is-the-browns-future

1. Tennessee Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
Priority No. 1 for the Titans should be to protect Marcus Mariota, something they have struggled to do consistently in 2015. Tunsil is arguably the most talented player in this year's draft class and able to contribute from Day 1, pushing Taylor Lewan over to right tackle.

2. Cleveland Browns: Jared Goff, QB, California
There is a lot of unknown with the Browns organization right now, starting with the quarterback position. Many around the league are not sold on Goff as a “franchise” quarterback, but some are and if the Browns think he can lead a team to the playoffs, they can't pass on him.

3. San Diego Chargers: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
San Diego ranked near the bottom of the league in pass rush production in 2015 and needs to address the position in the draft. Although some will say he belongs in a four-man front, Bosa is scheme versatile with the skill-set and instincts to be a disruptive force from different spots on the defensive line.

4. Dallas Cowboys: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
The Cowboys will consider a quarterback here and need help on defense, but the window is closing with Tony Romo at quarterback and Dallas needs to surround him with more talent. Treadwell, who is similar to Dez Bryant with the way he attacks the football, would be an ideal fit opposite Dez.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
The Jaguars have been searching for cornerback help for a long time, but haven't drafted the position in the first round since 1999. Ramsey has experience at safety and corner, but is better categorized as a versatile ballhawk.

6. Baltimore Ravens: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
Baltimore inked Eugene Monroe to a lucrative extension, but he hasn't been able to stay healthy, making it tough for the Ravens to rely on him to start 16 games in 2016. Stanley not only adds instant depth, but gives Baltimore a long-term plan at a position of need.

7. San Francisco 49ers: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
The 49ers are in full rebuilding mode with needs all over the roster, including quarterback. With Blaine Gabbert under contract through the 2016 season, Lynch won't be asked to start right away, but can sit and develop at his own pace, giving San Francisco a long-term option at the position.

8. Miami Dolphins: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon
The Dolphins need to continue and invest in the defensive line and Buckner gives Miami another option on the edges.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
Tampa will address the cornerback position next offseason, either in free agency or the draft, possibly both. Hargreaves is a tough-minded, instinctive cover man who is ready to start from Day 1 in the NFL.

10. New York Giants: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
The Giants have an obvious hole at defensive end, which showed in the stat sheet, ranking 30th in the NFL in sacks this season. Lawson is an efficient pass rusher with the power, quickness and ball awareness that allows him to be successful.

11. Chicago Bears: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
The Bears are far removed from the days of Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs dominating the NFC and are missing impact defensive players on the current roster. Jack is an impressive athlete with outstanding instincts, showing the cover skills that will make him an instant contributor.

12. New Orleans Saints: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
The Saints haven't had much luck drafting cornerbacks in the early rounds, but the need is there. Alexander doesn't get his name mentioned much, but that's because teams stay away from his side of the field.

13. Philadelphia Eagles: Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
Whoever is hired as head coach in Philadelphia, the pass rush on defense will need to be addressed. Allen developed into a terror for opposing offenses this season and has the scheme versatility to play in even and odd fronts.

14. Oakland Raiders: Reggie Ragland, MLB, Alabama
A player who hits anything that moves, Ragland is a tone-setting linebacker who can play all three downs and will give the Raiders another impact player in the front seven.

15. St. Louis Rams: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
The Rams have a very talented roster, except at the most important position in sports: quarterback. With Jeff Fisher and Les Snead desperate to upgrade the position, Cook might be in play with this pick. He doesn't have a high ceiling, but is NFL ready now.

16. Detroit Lions: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
With a new front office, the Lions will be a wild card in the first round, especially if Detroit makes a splash with one of the high-priced contracts (Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson, etc.) on the current roster. Decker is a plug-and-play option on the offensive line, which would address the Lions' issues at right tackle.

17. Atlanta Falcons: Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Ole Miss
Based on talent alone, Nkemdiche belongs in the top 10, maybe even the top three. But his off-field issues could cause him to tumble, which would be the Falcons' gain.

18. Indianapolis Colts: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
Indianapolis needs to improve the offensive and defensive lines, but the Colts have surprised in the first round the last few years and could again this year. Elliott isn't quite on the Todd Gurley level, but he's a complete back and will greatly help Andrew Luck and the passing game.

19. Buffalo Bills: A'Shawn Robinson, DL, Alabama
The vaunted Buffalo defense looked mediocre at times this season with many claiming that Rex Ryan's “scheme” was the issue. Robinson is a player who transcends scheme and would give Ryan a player who can play anywhere on the defensive line.

20. New York Jets: Leonard Floyd, DE/OLB, Georgia
The Jets have plenty of beef up front on defense, but need to add some sizzle on the edges to better put pressure on the pocket. Floyd is a lanky bender with pass rush upside.

21. Houston Texans: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
The Texans haven't selected a passer in the first round since their inaugural draft in 2002, but that should change this year. Bill O'Brien has been searching for the right guy to groom at quarterback and whether or not Wentz is that player, Houston needs to take a chance on a young signal-caller.

22. Washington Redskins: Andrew Billings, NT, Baylor
Although he said he will return to Baylor for his senior season, Billings is playing himself into a high draft pick and plans might change. The Redskins have used veterans to fill the nose tackle spot, but Billings would give them a long-term option.

23. Seattle Seahawks: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
Seattle has several question marks on the offensive line, including the future of Russell Okung who is in a contract year. Conklin isn't the most athletic player, but he plays with patience and power to win the point of attack and control speed rushers.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Desmond King, CB, Iowa
Pittsburgh needs cornerback help and although King won't run the fastest 40-yard dash in Indianapolis, he has the aggressive ballskills and awareness needed to start in the NFL.

25. Kansas City Chiefs: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
The Chiefs are clicking on defense, especially up front, but like every team, Kansas City could use more depth. Rankins is a stout run defender with better than expected pass rush traits for a 300-pounder.

26. Minnesota Vikings: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
A lot of fingers can be pointed as to why the Vikings rank near the bottom of the league in passing yards, but the lack of perimeter weapons is a substantial reason. Coleman would add an explosive element to the offense and add one more playmaker for the defense to account for.

27. Green Bay Packers: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
Even with Mike Daniels locked up long-term, Reed is worthy of this pick with his versatility that fits Green Bay's odd front.

28. Denver Broncos – Jonathan Bullard, DT, Florida
With Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe set to hit free agency after this season, the Broncos might be looking for new beef at the grocery store. Bullard can play multiple techniques on the defensive line and is a terrific run defender.

29. Cincinnati Bengals: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA
The Bengals have been forward-thinkers lately with their first-round draft picks and adding a young nose tackle to take over for Domata Peko makes sense. Clark is a former all-state wrestler and a lot of those maneuvers carry over from the mat.

30. Arizona Cardinals: Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky
A true wild-card prospect, Spence has first-round talent, there is no question about that. But the former Ohio State Buckeye has a history of drug abuse, although he has cleaned up his habits since being banned from the Big Ten. Arizona has the front office, coaches and locker room to take a chance on a boom or bust player like this.

New England Patriots: forfeited selection

31. Carolina Panthers: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
The Panthers need to upgrade the pass rush and add more talent on the edges this off-season. Ogbah is still scratching the surface and has the character that coaches will love.

Top Bottom