MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We have a closer that almost has an ERA of 6.

FML.

I'm all for giving him the benefit of the doubt based on last season's success but I'm almost to the point that you have to do something. He didn't officially get a blown save last night but per usual he gave up a run in the ninth. Move him down and close with Dyson, Diekman, or even Barnette.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

FML.

I'm all for giving him the benefit of the doubt based on last season's success but I'm almost to the point that you have to do something. He didn't officially get a blown save last night but per usual he gave up a run in the ninth. Move him down and close with Dyson, Diekman, or even Barnette.
I think Dyson would make a great closer. I mean, I would be okay with Diekman, but I think Dyson has the velocity to really shut down a team for an inning. I just want "TollyTime" to go away.

Rev

Staff member
Tough week for us with the White Sox and Blue Jays. Hope our offense can keep up.

D

Deuce

FML.

Or trade for Colome. He's a perfect 8/8 while we wait for Boxberger to come back.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Or trade for Colome. He's a perfect 8/8 while we wait for Boxberger to come back.
I like Iamtdg suggestion of moving Dyson into that role. That may or may not have something to do with the fact that he is on my fantasy baseball team. :unsure

Carp

DCC 4Life

I think I have watched this clip about 100 times...maybe the greatest highlight of all time.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
:lol

Even after the season/postseason play out that Fat Bart HR is going to be on the short list of best MLB moments of 2016. Fantastic.

Cotton

Staff member
I must not be much of a baseball fan. What's the significance?

Rev

Staff member
I must not be much of a baseball fan. What's the significance?
Its just his size. Well, also the oldest player to have hit his first homerun.

Cotton

Staff member
Its just his size. Well, also the oldest player to have hit his first homerun.
Holy crap. I just looked and he has been in the league 19 years. 19 years without a HR even for a pitcher is a long damn time. No wonder they made such a big deal out of it.

EDIT: Just now realized he has only been in the National league 3 years.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member

Wow.

Cotton

Staff member

Nice.

Cotton

Staff member

That was greatness.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cotton

Staff member
I hate Altuve. Mainly because he kills the Rangers every year. That, and he looks like a hyperactive Joe Pesci. :lol

Rev

Staff member
A closer with an era over 7 now. Tolly Time has to go to the 6th inning and mop up duty.

Top Bottom