Staff member
Just trade the guy already....

I cant take anymore of the debate.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just trade the guy already....

I cant take anymore of the debate.
It bothers me a lot that the head coach of the team has to play a game like this.

If Romo is still around next year, it will be very damaging. They need to give Prescott the team. The only way to do that is let Romo go.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Might as well just be three free agents. McKinnon was in our camp in the summer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It bothers me a lot that the head coach of the team has to play a game like this.

If Romo is still around next year, it will be very damaging. They need to give Prescott the team. The only way to do that is let Romo go.

Could it be a way to make teams think we don't have to trade him, therefore hoping to increase his trade value?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Could it be a way to make teams think we don't have to trade him, therefore hoping to increase his trade value?
:lol

Yeah. Sure.

Like a guy like Elway is sitting at home right now saying "dammit, now we will have to up the ante to pry him away".

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Yeah. Sure.

Like a guy like Elway is sitting at home right now saying "dammit, now we will have to up the ante to pry him away".
Not saying it would work, but it couldn't hurt to try to !make teams think we might keep him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not saying it would work, but it couldn't hurt to try to !make teams think we might keep him.
We are the NFL's worst at keeping anything a secret thanks to Jerry. Once he opens his mouth this offseason, his useless and ineffective sales pitch and carnival barking will make it completely transparent what we will do with Romo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basically the only two anyone should give a shit about.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Romo won't be back next year. Everyone knows it, including Romo. Let them play word games all they want.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Yeah. Sure.

Yeah but Elway is playing the same game. Leaking to the media that he's not interested in a Romo trade today.

Sure you aren't, pal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah but Elway is playing the same game. Leaking to the media that he's not interested in a Romo trade today.

Sure you aren't, pal.
Yeah claims he loves his young QBs. This is the same Denver that tried like hell to get a shit QB in Kaepernick via trade. No way they are happy with their QB situation and a defense built to win now.

By the way, his charade only works if no other NFL teams are interest in trading anything for Romo. The second we get another team interested in Romo he basically has to show his hand. I can't imagine why there wouldn't at least be a couple of teams interested in Romo.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah claims he loves his young QBs. This is the same Denver that tried like hell to get a shit QB in Kaepernick via trade. No way they are happy with their QB situation and a defense built to win now.

By the way, his charade only works if no other NFL teams are interest in trading anything for Romo. The second we get another team interested in Romo he basically has to show his hand. I can't imagine why there wouldn't at least be a couple of teams interested in Romo.
So lets talk about that. What teams do you think might be truly interested in Romo?

Denver. NY Jets. Buffalo? SF?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So lets talk about that. What teams do you think might be truly interested in Romo?

Denver. NY Jets. Buffalo? SF?
Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Buffalo, New York Jets, Broncos, Cardinals and 49ers.

Obviously some of those teams shouldn't be in the market since they are far away from competing but most NFL teams can't admit that to themselves. Meaning a team like the Browns will somehow convince themselves that they can compete right away if they have an elite QB.

UncleMilti

Staff member
I would trade him to Cleveland straight up for Joe Thomas.

RT solidified.
I wouldn't think Cleveland would be a landing spot. Especially with RGIII there and no real need to have a "ready to win" QB in place right now.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Buffalo, New York Jets, Broncos, Cardinals and 49ers.

Obviously some of those teams shouldn't be in the market since they are far away from competing but most NFL teams can't admit that to themselves. Meaning a team like the Browns will somehow convince themselves that they can compete right away if they have an elite QB.
I forgot about Chicago.

GShock

DCC 4Life

Houston just seems so obvious.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Romo won't be back next year. Everyone knows it, including Romo. Let them play word games all they want.
I think if Stephen had his way, Romo would remain as a backup at a greatly reduced salary. Otherwise why announce to the world in an interview that Romo has problems staying healthy the moment the topic comes up?

Simple. By doing so you drive down Romo's value and asking price.

If Romo takes less money and stays, it keeps Dad happy, gives you the best backup QB situation in the NFL and Dak has a mentor not named Sanchez.

Romo might be inclined to do it. A home in Dallas, the guilt of having been paid millions while riding the pine most of the last two years, and the real chance of another serious injury might push him to do it.

He just might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom