Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

We have already met with him at the Combine.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wilson: Dak you good with being a backup to Tony?
Prescott: Well, I, uh, of course, I uh...
Wilson: Thanks! ~runs back to Cowboys table across the toom~ I found our QB!

Cotton

Staff member

:towel:towel:towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

We have already met with him at the Combine.
God, what a waste of time that sally armed shit would be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
God, what a waste of time that sally armed shit would be.
Not a fan either. He is not accurate. At all. I fail to see what the allure is unless they are falling in love with his character.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Better be due diligence.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Better be due diligence.
Surely with Gregorys stuff we wont take this turd seriously??

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wentz or Goff in the 1st or give me Brandon Allen in like the 4th or 5th, don't really care to spend a 2nd or 3rd on guys like Cook, Hackenberg, Driskell, Prescott, etc.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wentz or Goff in the 1st or give me Brandon Allen in like the 4th or 5th, don't really care to spend a 2nd or 3rd on guys like Cook, Hackenberg, Driskell, Prescott, etc.
You really think teams are into spending 2nds and 3rds on these guys?

Hackenberg has one destination, that's Houston, probably in a reach.

The rest of these guys are all day 3 types.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Domer perspective.

Prosise, he's still kind of raw at RB. He was recruited as a safety, switched to WR for a couple of years then RB last spring after he impressed on some jet sweeps in 2014. He has deceptive speed, a good second gear and while he doesn't have Murray's power, he keeps his legs moving in traffic. He had a couple of goal to go runs that were impressive as hell as he kept bouncing off defenders and driving his legs, runs that I thought had no chance of ending in a score. He's not great running between the tackles though and broke down in the second half of the season. He was recruited for defense and there's a difference between being a safety that makes the occasional hit, a WR that takes the occasional hit and a RB that is taking hits in the trenches all the time. I actually think he's better suited as a slot receiver. He's got the size to be a #2 outside receiver but he's never played there as far as I know.

Another Domer Dallas has evidently kicked the tires on that may be worth a look later on is Romeo Okwara. He has good size for a weak side DE and good athleticism. One reason I'm on the fence about him is he's limited when it comes to moves/technique. He played WDE in HS but was moved to OLB in a 3-4 for two years before moving back to DE for his junior and senior year in a complicated 4-3 scheme where he dropped into coverage a lot so it's hard to gauge him. If he were able to learn some new technique, he *could* be a steal.

I wouldn't hate taking a flyer on Prosise in the 4th round and certainly not the 5th. Same goes for Okwara in the 5th and I definitely wouldn't mind picking him up in the 6th.

Nick Martin is good but not as good as his brother Zack. I think he projects best at center and we already have Travis Frederick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked in the 3rd, maaaaybe the 2nd.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Cook is still getting possible first round buzz on NFL Radio (I drive a lot) but I don't buy it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prosise, he's still kind of raw at RB. He was recruited as a safety, switched to WR for a couple of years then RB last spring after he impressed on some jet sweeps in 2014. He has deceptive speed, a good second gear and while he doesn't have Murray's power, he keeps his legs moving in traffic. He had a couple of goal to go runs that were impressive as hell as he kept bouncing off defenders and driving his legs, runs that I thought had no chance of ending in a score. He's not great running between the tackles though and broke down in the second half of the season.
He reminds me a little of Murray in that he doesn't seem to have that wiggle to him. He takes a good amount of shots square on. And hell some of those guys bouce right off him. But it's like his vision isn't the best and he runs right into guys.

All things he can get better at. And in our zone system where he picks a crease and runs I think he could be dynamic. Would be a nice compliment to McFadden with his power.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I do think there will be QB's that go in the 2nd/3rd who aren't named Cook, yes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I hope Dallas doing all their talking to him are figuring this out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not cool for Tunsil but worse that Nkemdiche felt compelled to throw that out there during a Combine press conference in front of God and everybody.

Would not touch that guy with a ten foot pole. Low class to do that to a teammate

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Top Bottom