2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallen

Senior Tech
I know he wouldn't, but could Bill run as vice? Taking over after a resignation/assassination doesn't count towards your two terms after all.
It would be worth it just to watch the right complain about it. Since it isn't directly addressed in the Constitution I guess we'd have to have the courts decide if it was ok or not. Democrats probably should have just convinced Michelle to run and pick Barack as her running mate if that's the strategy they want to go with though.

Maybe Hillary picks Bernie. It would help unify the party, but who knows if he'd even want to do it. Sherrod Brown would help her in Ohio. Ohio comes up as the deciding state a lot of the time.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hillary and Bill would probably make a really strong team.

Both of them are brilliant, comfortable, experienced and extremely dishonest. Perfect presidential material IMO. Yes, I do count Hillary's time as First Lady because she was engaged and learning with her husband.

I honestly think that they both are moderate (2016 version) democrats as far as policy goes.

It would be a bold, ballsy move which would be refreshing. I think America is ready for bold.

Let's face it, Trump is terrible. I can't imagine ever voting for that dude.

Cruz would be a little better IMO but they are all retarded.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
A huge resounding heck no to Bernie. What a shame that would be.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I know that the republicans in this thread will hate the idea of Hillary and possibly cite spending. If we are being real we can all see that republicans have had control for a while and failed to protect our assets, so what difference does it make?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Hillary has taken positions that are significantly more liberal than what her husband did while he was in office. He also worked with the Republicans... she is often times very much the opposite. If you could promise me Bill Clinton again I'd probably take it but Hillary is not Bill unfortunately.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hillary has taken positions that are significantly more liberal than what her husband did while he was in office. He also worked with the Republicans... she is often times very much the opposite. If you could promise me Bill Clinton again I'd probably take it but Hillary is not Bill unfortunately.
Fair enough but how will she actually govern?

That's what is not mentioned much in these debates. What type of leader will they really be? It is really a crapshoot but party homers never see it that way. I guess I get it because I fell for that trick with W.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I have been critical of people over-using "Hitler" as a political insult. But Trump's rallies are at least fascist-lite.

His supporters raise their right hand in a loyalty pledge. He encourages them to seek out and "take care" of protestors, and promises to pay legal expenses. It would be scary if I thought his intentions were anything except pandering to fear and cynicism for the sake of adding POTUS to his "winner" resume.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been critical of people over-using "Hitler" as a political insult. But Trump's rallies are at least fascist-lite.

His supporters raise their right hand in a loyalty pledge. He encourages them to seek out and "take care" of protestors, and promises to pay legal expenses. It would be scary if I thought his intentions were anything except pandering to fear and cynicism for the sake of adding POTUS to his "winner" resume.
Have you gone to a Trump rally? I've never been personally but from people I know that have gone they say the majority of the media driven reports are false. Clearly the media and the people who run the media companies want nothing to do with Trump. I don't think their reports are very trust worthy.

I don't like Trump but this Hitler stuff is an invention by Liberals and Conservatives that don't like the guy. You have protester's showing up and chucking tomatoes at the guy. It's not like Trump can sit down and reason with people like that.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Have you gone to a Trump rally? I've never been personally but from people I know that have gone they say the majority of the media driven reports are false. Clearly the media and the people who run the media companies want nothing to do with Trump. I don't think their reports are very trust worthy.

I don't like Trump but this Hitler stuff is an invention by Liberals and Conservatives that don't like the guy. You have protester's showing up and chucking tomatoes at the guy. It's not like Trump can sit down and reason with people like that.
He's certainly made a lot of enemies. I can respect him at least a little for that.

townsend

Banned

Yeah, the media loves the shit out of Trump, he's a train wreck and they will not look away, he's the most covered presidential candidate of all time. This "all criticism must be a lie, because conspiracy" is a garbage narrative you find among anti-vaxxers and cultists.
Now is the violence in his rallies focused upon more than his meaningless ramblings? Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that he's running a campaign more akin to something Andrew Jackson would do, than any modern candidate.
You can't look at Trump's grandiose sense of self, his exaggerated successes, his comfortability with violence, and his unflappability in the face of resounding, unbiased , and fair criticism, and not be reminded of tin pot dictators.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This "all criticism must be a lie, because conspiracy" is a garbage narrative to you find among anti-vaxxers and cultists.
Now is the violence in his rallies focused upon more than his meaningless ramblings? Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that he's running a campaign more akin to something Andrew Jackson would do, than any modern candidate.
No one has said all criticism is a lie. But the comparison's to Adolf Hitler and the comparisons between Hitler and Trump are nothing but sensationalism. Again, I don't like Trump but it's gotten to the point of ridiculous. His rallies aren't some hedonistic cult gathering as the media portrays them. The funny thing is Trump has brought up extreme behavior that we haven't seen before. Extreme behavior out of both Liberals and Conservatives who don't like him. I've seen conservatives compare Trump to an Anti Christ too. It's absurd. Trump isn't advocating genocide. So lets stop with the absurd comparison's.

Trump by the way is more akin to WWE wrestler in my opinion. He talks loudly and inspires people to either love him or hate him. But the truth is most of it is just an act. The people that think they can go to a rally and put as stop to Trump are just as much of a joke as the people at the rallies who think they can protect Trump.

Get out of here with the conspiracy and anti vaxxer crap by the way. You know as well as I do how biased the media is. If you don't think they take a position in an election then you're just a naive child.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No one has said all criticism is a lie. But the comparison's to Adolf Hitler and the comparisons between Hitler and Trump are nothing but sensationalism. Again, I don't like Trump but it's gotten to the point of ridiculous. His rallies aren't some hedonistic cult gathering as the media portrays them. The funny thing is Trump has brought up extreme behavior that we haven't seen before. Extreme behavior out of both Liberals and Conservatives who don't like him. I've seen conservatives compare Trump to an Anti Christ too. It's absurd. Trump isn't advocating genocide. So lets stop with the absurd comparison's.

Trump by the way is more akin to WWE wrestler in my opinion. He talks loudly and inspires people to either love him or hate him. But the truth is most of it is just an act. The people that think they can go to a rally and put as stop to Trump are just as much of a joke as the people at the rallies who think they can protect Trump.

Get out of here with the conspiracy and anti vaxxer crap by the way. You know as well as I do how biased the media is. If you don't think they take a position in an election then you're just a naive child.
Yep. Townsend is simply parroting all the contrived media and opposition descriptions of things without knowing anything first hand. To be objective one would have to combine the pro Trump commentary then try to sort out what the real truth is. My observations is that no one is really interested in truth rather what their personal preferences needs to hear. One thing is perfectly clear however, a lot of people have expressed a preference for him.

Last edited:

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Yep. Townsend is simply parroting all the contrived media and opposition descriptions of things without knowing anything first hand. To be objective one would have to combine the pro Trump commentary then try to sort out what the real truth is. My observations is that no one is really interested in truth rather what their personal preferences needs to hear. One thing is perfectly clear however, a lot of people have expressed a preference for him.
I know this isn't directed at me, but I am mostly disappointed by this election cycle. I desperately want to get behind an anti-establishment guy that will hasten the downfall of our bogus binary political system.

It just so happens that the chosen guy is a demagogue and a twitter troll who makes vague, creepy comments about bow sexy his own daughter is. It's a real shame.

As for the idea that I would need to go to Trump rallies to discover the real, actual truth about them, it reminds me of when I'm told that if I just had a Ph.d in astrophysics and evolutionary biology, I would know God isn't real. Nah, I read the pro-Trump Breitbart pretty regularly and I still think pledging allegiance to a politician is fascist in nature.

Guess I will sit this one out or "throw my vote away" again.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I am interested to see how this SCOTUS appointment plays out. I like what I have read about the guy, and Orrin Hatch has said something along the lines of how he'd be open to confirmation of a Merrick Garland-type.

townsend

Banned
You've contrived a fallacy that the middle ground is always the truth. Here's the issue 100% of the evidence shows him as encouraging violence. That's real facts, video evidence, actual victims. Your contriving a lack of evidence to the contrary as some kind of conspiracy. Everything proves itself true if your willing to believe in crazy conspiracy theories.

Maybe the liberal media is controlled by lizard men, and they just let Trump host Saturday Night Live (the only candidate to do so) and give him 10 times the media access because they want to do him wrong, or maybe his words and his deeds which are irrefutable, paint a specific picture of the type of person he is. But you want to dilute facts in some unwarranted show of false objectivity.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This idea of some media conspiracy is ludicrous, Trump rallies are shown in there totality across at least 2 networks every time he speaks most of the time it's all 3 cable news networks.

It's hilarious that now Fox is in on the cable cabal and gets lumped in with the mainstream media. :lol

You don't have to go to a rally to see what's going on or get a sense of the room, you can watch them in their entirety at least 3 times a week.

The contrivance is saying stuff like, he is getting tomatoes thrown at him or protesters are just randomly attacking people.

Donald is walking contrivance.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Guess I've heard from all the Big Spykes and Little Tykes. Any others out there that think almost half of the Republican voters so far are bat shit crazy because they have a preference for an individual who is anti politico based. :lol

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Wow, for a guy whose demeanor I thought highly of, you are kind of a condescending jerk.
Read some of the stuff that led to this. You even threw in some commentary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom