2017 Draft Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Collins had a foot injury though. This is more like Shaq Lawson who missed a lot of time and even when he did play wasn't effective. And McKinley isn't close in terms of talent IMO.
In terms of athletic ability I actually think McKinley has better upside than Shaq Lawson had. But Lawson had to go on PUP and learn a new position when he finally did play. I just think McKinley is was ahead in terms of the progression with his injury. Hell Lawson didn't have surgery on it until after the draft. Just seems like it would be an easier transition for McKinley to rush the passer in the NFL than the transition that Lawson had to make.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Hell yeah, don't you know who he is?

I forgot that he was hurt, so I probably wouldn't take him just because of that.

Character risk wouldn't bother me with Sean Lee running shit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Is Foster a true character risk or is he just kind of a nutball who popped off at some nurse at the Combine?

He seems a bit unhinged in general but I don't know that I'd call him a true character risk. If I was picking at 12-15 I might just pass him up since taking a guy who is projected to go at say, 8 or 10, isn't that much of a value at 14 or 15, but at 28 he would be excellent value and I hadn't read anything about personality/character issues with him until this hospital thing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is Foster a true character risk or is he just kind of a nutball who popped off at some nurse at the Combine?

He seems a bit unhinged in general but I don't know that I'd call him a true character risk. If I was picking at 12-15 I might just pass him up since taking a guy who is projected to go at say, 8 or 10, isn't that much of a value at 14 or 15, but at 28 he would be excellent value and I hadn't read anything about personality/character issues with him until this hospital thing.
The people who give a shit about that probably aren't in the business of winning football games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's more of an attitude issue than anything. Came off like a pampered shit head who has been told his entire life that he is a celebrity and should be treated as one.

Hard for me to say that can be corrected or not without talking to him. Some of those guys end up as Johnny Manziel and others get their shit in order.

LBer is still near the bottom of needs to me but he'd also have to be close to BPA at pick 28. So I guess it just all depends who is left. And I doubt he makes it to 28. Although it seems like LBers have dropped in recent drafts.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Yeah, I agree with this. The guy was a moron for what he did at the combine, but I don't know if that really defines who he is. Like you said, up around 10 you can pass because of the similar talent there. But at 28, there's a pretty good chance he's far and away the BPA.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
my point is, is he the next rolando mcclain or donta hightower?
I don't think he was actually asking if you knew who he is. More just playing around with the reason Foster was told to leave the combine during the medical portion. He got up in a nurses face and asked if they knew who he was when they told him he'd have to wait in line just like everyone else.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Foster is a big hitter. I don't know if I want any big hitters on my team anymore after reading Troy Vincent's tweets.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think he was actually asking if you knew who he is. More just playing around with the reason Foster was told to leave the combine during the medical portion. He got up in a nurses face and asked if they knew who he was when they told him he'd have to wait in line just like everyone else.
Yeah and then he threatened the worker and so on and so forth. Frankly the whole incident makes him sound like a spoiled prick. Not really Rolando though, that dude just didn't love football.

I judge Foster for the incident but it isn't necissarily a fatal flaw. Just something that needs to be dug into.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah and then he threatened the worker and so on and so forth. Frankly the whole incident makes him sound like a spoiled prick. Not really Rolando though, that dude just didn't love football.

I judge Foster for the incident but it isn't necissarily a fatal flaw. Just something that needs to be dug into.
Or maybe the nurse or whoever he got into it with was being a huge prick.

Not excusing his actions but there were 2 people involved.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or maybe the nurse or whoever he got into it with was being a huge prick.

Not excusing his actions but there were 2 people involved.
Yeah but it sounds like there were a lot of witnesses. This isn't like it was just two people all alone in a room. So my guess is the reports of what went down are pretty accurate.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah but it sounds like there were a lot of witnesses. This isn't like it was just two people all alone in a room. So my guess is the reports of what went down are pretty accurate.
I am not disputing he overreacted but nobody has spoke on the actions of the other person.

A lot of medical folks can be huge pricks when trying to get answers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not disputing he overreacted but nobody has spoke on the actions of the other person.

A lot of medical folks can be huge pricks when trying to get answers.
Sure they did. I've read that the medical person after Foster made a deal about "Knowing who he is" told him that he "was going to have to wait just like everyone else."

After that Foster told the employee that he was going to "put hands on him" and the employees response was "Do it"

After that they had some sort of a heated up close exchange that I have no idea what was said. My guess is though after Foster threatened to physically hurt an employee of the hospital he was kicked out. No hospital is going to put up with that sort of stuff.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sure they did. I've read that the medical person after Foster made a deal about "Knowing who he is" told him that he "was going to have to wait just like everyone else."

After that Foster told the employee that he was going to "put hands on him" and the employees response was "Do it"

After that they had some sort of a heated up close exchange that I have no idea what was said. My guess is though after Foster threatened to physically hurt an employee of the hospital he was kicked out. No hospital is going to put up with that sort of stuff.
Ok.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not like he punched the employee or anything. It's ok to be a hothead when your job is to destroy guys on a football field. You just have to be able to control it enough to stay out of trouble. This incident certainly didn't cross the line of "getting in trouble" by the definition I mean it (Legal trouble, or NFL suspension). I'd just want to make sure he doesn't have the whole "Johnny Manziel" attitude where he thinks he is gods gift to this earth and doesn't have to listen to anyone.

Foster is a beast though. Did he run at Alabama's pro day? Watching him play football is beautiful. The guy plays with reckless abandon. It's not just how he tackles but also the way he takes on blockers and just destroys them. You know me, I don't view LBer as a need but Foster would look pretty beastly at Middle LBer in our defense. Especially imagining him and Jaylon Smith lining up next to each other for the next 10 years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Moreau out 4-6 months with a torn pec.
Yikes, that really sucks. Hopefully he can make it back for the start of the season. I'd still draft him though. He plays a position where a torn pec probably worries me less.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yikes, that really sucks. Hopefully he can make it back for the start of the season. I'd still draft him though. He plays a position where a torn pec probably worries me less.
I wouldn't take him at 28.

McKinley if healthy would probably go somewhere between 15-25, and he's a pass-rusher, so I'm more willing to roll the dice with his injury. Moreau is a borderline guy to take at 28 to begin with so I'd just pass him up completely with the injury, if he's still there at 60 he's a consideration though for sure.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't take him at 28.

McKinley if healthy would probably go somewhere between 15-25, and he's a pass-rusher, so I'm more willing to roll the dice with his injury. Moreau is a borderline guy to take at 28 to begin with so I'd just pass him up completely with the injury, if he's still there at 60 he's a consideration though for sure.
Yeah, I didn't mean to give the impression that I'd take him in round one. Hell I never would have taken him in the first round. I guess I hadn't seen many projections with him going in round one before the injury. I'm talking second round or later even. I just wouldn't let it scare me away. And he is a corner I have always sort of liked.

Top Bottom