Final Game Report Cards

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I'd ditch Butler before T Will. Williams is a good team player, that dropped sucked, but I don't think it erases the good work he's done this year, and the home run potential he still gives the team.
It's not like signing Williams up would prevent us from drafting someone who could replace him. But right now we don't really have any young WR's with talent coming up through the ranks. So we can't really afford to let both guys walk in my opinion. Again this was a 13-3 team, I'm not trying to rebuild the whole thing. I just want to improve the defense and maybe tweak the offense a little.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Terrance Williams has been and always will be a loser. I'm trying to get rid of that mentality. Him and Butler would be the first to be axed.

townsend

Banned
It's not like signing Williams up would prevent us from drafting someone who could replace him. But right now we don't really have any young WR's with talent coming up through the ranks. So we can't really afford to let both guys walk in my opinion. Again this was a 13-3 team, I'm not trying to rebuild the whole thing. I just want to improve the defense and maybe tweak the offense a little.
Our offense should still be rock solid. Our receiving core won't miss a beat with Williams, Beasley, Dez, and I think Witten will be back.The scariest thing about 2017 is that a QB injury could spell death for us. Having Romo as a backup was one hell of an insurance policy.

My big hope is that our 2016 draftees continue to pan out, Brown, Collins, Smith, and Tapper could really solidify this defense in their sophomore seasons.

I think our offseason priorities should be to trade Romo, replace Carr with an upgrade at the position in FA. Draft a pass rusher to be what we wanted from Gregory. Sign a Durant-like vet at LBer. Get our shit together at the backup RB position. Sign Leary, Martin, and possibly Collins long term.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Terrance Williams has been and always will be a loser. I'm trying to get rid of that mentality. Him and Butler would be the first to be axed.
I can't wait to get rid of both of them.

Same thing goes for Mo and Carr as well.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
It's all about price, would I pay 5mill per to Williams? No. Would I bring him back for 3? Yes.

Cotton

Staff member
Talk about a total bullshit call. Good fucking grief.
Sturm just explained it to me on Twitter. He doesn't actually have to be in the huddle. They call it when a players passes the numbers. I just have never seen it called before.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sturm just explained it to me on Twitter. He doesn't actually have to be in the huddle. They call it when a players passes the numbers. I just have never seen it called before.
I've seen them call the five yard variety many time (Too many men in the huddle). I've never seen them call the 15 yarder.

Cotton

Staff member
I've seen them call the five yard variety many time (Too many men in the huddle). I've never seen them call the 15 yarder.
Right. I have never seen that penalty called before. I have never seen it called as unsportsmanlike conduct.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The jist of the rule as I understand is actually against the coaching staff even though the player is flagged. The intent is so coaches cannot use substitution as a ruse to try to get opposing coaches to counter then pull out the substitution. The triggering circumstance is if the player checks in then leaves the field of play without participating.

Cotton

Staff member
The jist of the rule as I understand is actually against the coaching staff even though the player is flagged. The intent is so coaches cannot use substitution as a ruse to try to get opposing coaches to counter then pull out the substitution. The triggering circumstance is if the player checks in then leaves the field of play without participating.
I just have never seen it called as an unsportsmanlike penalty and 15 yards marched off. I have only seen the 5 yard "too many men in the huddle" penalty.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I just have never seen it called as an unsportsmanlike penalty and 15 yards marched off. I have only seen the 5 yard "too many men in the huddle" penalty.
With that one the party that checks in stays in the huddle but the one being replaced didn't leave before the huddle broke. 12 men attended the huddle.

Cotton

Staff member
With that one the party that checks in stays in the huddle but the one being replaced didn't leave before the huddle broke. 12 men attended the huddle.
He never was in the huddle. They hadn't even huddled yet when he ran off the field.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fuck Sturm. He's not exactly impartial. That was a bullshit call.

And, butler (or the coaches ) shouldn't have given the refs a chance to call it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He never was in the huddle. They hadn't even huddled yet when he ran off the field.
In that case he doesn't have to attend the huddle . He checked in then left the field. That is the trigger. This is not the same as the huddle penalty. It doesn't require a huddle only an appearence on this field after checking in then leaving without participating in a play.

Cotton

Staff member
In that case he doesn't have to attend the huddle . He checked in then left the field. That is the trigger. This is not the same as the huddle penalty. It doesn't require a huddle only an appearence on this field after checking in then leaving without participating in a play.
Okay, let me say it again. Maybe if I type slower it will sink in. I have seen the 5 yarder for too many men in the huddle called before. I have never seen it called an unsportsmanlike penalty with 15 yards marched off before. And, I doubt you have either.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I want to keep Mo if the price is right. Jerry gets such a fucking hard-on over drafting cornerbacks that if Mo leaves and Carr retires, you can bet your ass Jerry goes CB with our first or second pick. Possibly both.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Okay, let me say it again. Maybe if I type slower it will sink in. I have seen the 5 yarder for too many men in the huddle called before. I have never seen it called an unsportsmanlike penalty with 15 yards marched off before. And, I doubt you have either.
Exactly what I was saying yesterday. I don't like the call at all, but 15 yards was ridiculous.

data

Forbes #1
They are two different infractions. Could've had 10 men in the huddle and this would've been called still.

All the same we could run 40 players onto the field in a no-huddle offense, lineup all 40 and suddenly run 29 players off the field right before the snap. This would be the 15-yarder without even having a huddle.

And, yes, you've never seen this penalty before because only the Cowboys are this mindnumbingly stupid.

Top Bottom