2017-2018 season:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He's not that great at it.
I think its just consistency. He can be but just needs to focus and do it more often. The job he did against Gronk his rookie season shows he can do it at a high level. Perhaps just a sophomore slump.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
No, for her false ass accusations. She's already been probing to be a lying see you next Tuesday, but yet it continues. This whole ordeal should be dead in the water but given it's the Cowboys they like making examples out of us.
I actually think it has little to do with the Cowboys being made an example of and more to do with the league botching multiple domestic violence cases in the past.

Rev

Staff member
I actually think it has little to do with the Cowboys being made an example of and more to do with the league botching multiple domestic violence cases in the past.
Then how do you explain Tyreek Hill?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really? He sure as hell isn't a strong safety. He's not much help in the run game at all but is great at covering tight ends and slot WRs.
That's what I mean. A true FS usually patrols the deep centerfield. Jones is in man coverage most the time lined up on a TE. Jones is used more as a hybrid player and less like a FS. And frankly as a FS he has no feel for zone coverage.

Rev

Staff member
Well he wasn't an NFL player at the time. It was before the draft. Elliot occurred over the summer after being drafted.

I guess...
Elliots stuff started in February.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd just prefer to have one that actually knows how to catch the ball with his damn hands. I'm tired of the fucking body catchers.
Yep, TWill can go find another fucking team. I'm done with him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Really? If that's so then why the fuck couldn't he cover Cook at all today? If that's his strength, and we've had issues covering TEs all season, then we need to look elsewhere. He looked lost all fucking game today.
He's been pretty good in coverage for most of the year but he certainly isn't a top notch cover safety.

This is about what I expected of him after looking at his college "highlights" a couple of years ago. Jones was a marginal safety in college who didn't make many plays. But somehow the Cowboys allowed a few long jumps at the combine to influence their decision.

Cotton

Staff member
Byron Jones is just meh. He got smoked by Cook on a number of plays yesterday. We need a true ball hawk back there. He is not it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I wonder what's the record for blowing home field advantage throughout the playoffs in the first game?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Byron Jones is just meh. He got smoked by Cook on a number of plays yesterday. We need a true ball hawk back there. He is not it.
I'd rather move him to corner full time and draft a real FS. Byron Jones and Carr do a lot of the same stuff in this defense.

Rev

Staff member
I'd rather move him to corner full time and draft a real FS. Byron Jones and Carr do a lot of the same stuff in this defense.
Yep. Both don't get turnovers.

Cotton

Staff member
Yep. Byron Jones, Mo, and Brown at CB1-3 and draft a real safety.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I go the Denver route and go all in for JPP and Berry thereby filling our 2 biggest needs with veteran difference makers still in their 20's.

Chandler jones is another guy I look at as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I go the Denver route and go all in for JPP and Berry thereby filling our 2 biggest needs with veteran difference makers still in their 20's.

Chandler jones is another guy I look at as well.
Yeah I doubt Berry gets free but it would be huge to add him to this defense.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah and Dak stepped up where Romo didn't. Barber was never Zeke. Not even the same neighborhood. This is a stupid comparison.
Dak stepped up where Romo didn't? What in the world is that based on? The results were exactly the same.

What a brain dead statement.

Top Bottom