2017-2018 season:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty hard to call it choking when you rally back from an 18 point deficit to tie it up. They showed a ton of character. In the end, though, our Achilles heel was our lack of pass rush and that's what ended our season. Blaming the secondary is hogwash. It was inability to pressure the QB pure and simple. Oh and our best pass rusher is suspended for next season woot.

So we need to draft defensive lineman. We need to have a monster rotation. You combine that with the pieces we have plus a healthy Jaylon Smith - who is a leader and a winner - and I think you have something.

This losing culture shit it just that.
This is exactly right. Dline and more dline. I may draft a safety too if I can find a game changer. We need to continue to build the defense. Their are young peices there, just need more.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Is Witten coming back?
He made some comments after the game suggesting he might not but I highly doubt he leaves this team considering how close they are. He's also about to pad with HOF credentials, passing a ton of other receivers in catches and yards. I would be shocked and dismayed if he retired. He's still healthy and effective.

data

Forbes #1
This is exactly right. Dline and more dline. I may draft a safety too if I can find a game changer. We need to continue to build the defense. Their are young peices there, just need more.
I'd love a free safety.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Haha yeah, Byron isn't a true free safety. We don't use him that way.
Really? He sure as hell isn't a strong safety. He's not much help in the run game at all but is great at covering tight ends and slot WRs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This game was a carbon copy of the Seahawks losing to Atlanta during Wilson's rookie year. Add some more talent on the DL, hope Jaylon can actually play, Prescott and Elliott will come back even better next year and let's see what happens.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'd love a free safety.
I'm with you. If I never see Jones play another down for is it'll be too soon. I am absolutely disgusted with his piss poor effort all game. He made what.. Like one play on the ball all game?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Really? He sure as hell isn't a strong safety. He's not much help in the run game at all but is great at covering tight ends and slot WRs.
Yeah...Jones looked great on that pass to Cook to win the fucking game.

Anyways, I think Dallas has to get at least 2 proven playmakers along the DL.

Brown is a keeper. I think Claiborne has to go. Can't stay healthy. Gotta draft a CB or 2 in the late rounds, try to find a keeper.

Need a ballhawk safety with some range. Wilcox/Church...one of them has to go.

Need a RT to replace Free. Keep him as depth, but he commits way too many penalties as a starter.

Draft and FA has to be about DL, Secondary, and the WR position.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Really? If that's so then why the fuck couldn't he cover Cook at all today? If that's his strength, and we've had issues covering TEs all season, then we need to look elsewhere. He looked lost all fucking game today.

data

Forbes #1
I nominate our 2017-2018 slogan to be #FinishTheHalf. In 2007, 2014 and tonight, we lost points at end of the 1st half.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Really? If that's so then why the fuck couldn't he cover Cook at all today? If that's his strength, and we've had issues covering TEs all season, then we need to look elsewhere. He looked lost all fucking game today.
You're right. He sucked today. I will say, again, the pass rush made the secondary look pretty bad. But yeah, on that last play Byron was watching the QB instead of the receiver he needed to be covering.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
For what? Fucking a b!tch?
No, for her false ass accusations. She's already been probing to be a lying see you next Tuesday, but yet it continues. This whole ordeal should be dead in the water but given it's the Cowboys they like making examples out of us.

Top Bottom