2017-2018 season:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Like it or not, happy with the results or not(Who here is?), it is now the off season for this team.

Outside of obvious defensive upgrades, what needs to be addressed during this time?

Just trying to change the direction of the dialogue a bit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah don't give a shit about rest of playoffs. I'm ready for the senior bowl.

data

Forbes #1
Yeah don't give a shit about rest of playoffs. I'm ready for the senior bowl.
yup. don't care if steelers to packers win another. fuck it. they deserve it.

I'll respect that, stop hating it since my team can't even get to the NFCC.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Rooting for the Falcons to get a Lombardi

[EDIT] Sorry, can't stop laughing at my own comment.

midswat

... soon
Secondary needs a complete revamp.

I'd love some coaching changes, but were stuck with Garrett so giving him a new DC, a what 5th new DC, would be pointless.

Need a pass rush.

I'd be okay with going all defense in the draft.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Are there any FA d-linemen available to put pressure on the QB? Who's available in the draft? We ne a pass rush. The secondary is ok enough if we have any semblance of a pass rush.

shane

DCC 4Life
The coaching staff. Since it won't be addressed, I expect an 8-8 finish next year. Dak and Zeke will become products of their losing puke coward culture as we soon realize that this year was our best shot with this team. Bad times ahead.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The coaching staff. Since it won't be addressed, I expect an 8-8 finish next year. Dak and Zeke will become products of their losing puke coward culture as we soon realize that this year was our best shot with this team. Bad times ahead.
Your reason for this belief is? Some imaginary football god? This team is different then the old Romo teams. It just is.

shane

DCC 4Life
Your reason for this belief is? Some imaginary football god? This team is different then the old Romo teams. It just is.
After another year or two of being apart of this pathetic losing culture, the entire team will fall in line. Remember being so jazzed about Romo and Marion Barber? Yeah, that didn't last very long.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
After another year or two of being apart of this pathetic losing culture, the entire team will fall in line. Remember being so jazzed about Romo and Marion Barber? Yeah, that didn't last very long.
Yeah and Dak stepped up where Romo didn't. Barber was never Zeke. Not even the same neighborhood. This is a stupid comparison.

shane

DCC 4Life
Yeah and Dak stepped up where Romo didn't. Barber was never Zeke. Not even the same neighborhood. This is a stupid comparison.
We will see, but I think you are underestimating exactly how pathetic of a collapse this was. Romo wasn't born a choking loser. He was created into one by this Cowboys culture. I don't know if Dak will be able to resist it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We will see, but I think you are underestimating exactly how pathetic of a collapse this was. Romo wasn't born a choking loser. He was created into one by this Cowboys culture. I don't know if Dak will be able to resist it.
Who collapsed? Dak didn't. Zeke didn't. The Oline didn't. Dez didn't.

So the defense we duck taped together fell apart against the hottest QB in the NFL. This isn't a collapse. It was the wrong team at the wrong time. And we should have won.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Pretty hard to call it choking when you rally back from an 18 point deficit to tie it up. They showed a ton of character. In the end, though, our Achilles heel was our lack of pass rush and that's what ended our season. Blaming the secondary is hogwash. It was inability to pressure the QB pure and simple. Oh and our best pass rusher is suspended for next season woot.

So we need to draft defensive lineman. We need to have a monster rotation. You combine that with the pieces we have plus a healthy Jaylon Smith - who is a leader and a winner - and I think you have something.

This losing culture shit it just that.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
Like it or not, happy with the results or not(Who here is?), it is now the off season for this team.

Outside of obvious defensive upgrades, what needs to be addressed during this time?

Just trying to change the direction of the dialogue a bit.

I'm here. The pass rush. The playmaking pass rushers. And young corners. I see change coming on d. And in the WR depth.

data

Forbes #1
With 2007 and 2014, I no longer enjoy the regular season. Go 16-0 next season...big whoop.

kidd

DCC 4Life
How do you figure that Romo was "created" into a choking loser?? He inherited a line that was on the decline. His defense never got much better. He had a string of Free Agent WRs until we finally drafted Dez. And as bad as Garrett meat be, Wade was a whole lot worse.

Top Bottom