Armed Protesters Inspired By LDS Scripture

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am of the opinion that the land is federal land and at one time they allowed cattle to graze for a fee but ceased that after the tortoise thing. It seems that the individual continued to allow his cattle to graze on it and then refused to pay the fee. I may be wrong in this assumption and will stand corrected if determined otherwise.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The grazing fees happened because the grazing didn't stop. He just refused to pay them. So that crap you posted about 1954 or whatever seems to contradict this account.
Not trying to get into it with you but they worded the article very poorly and if you read this link it shows that it was never there land and it also says the grazind was halted tempoarily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

No land was ever seized.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What are you trying to say, bipo? That we should give the Bundy's and all of their ancestors for the next 125+ years free medical, housing, food, college, etc...? Yeah, that would be nice, I guess.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Reminds me of the fencecutter wars (reading about them). Which side of that dispute were you on [MENTION=11]L.T. Fan[/MENTION]?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What are you trying to say, bipo? That we should give the Bundy's and all of their ancestors for the next 125+ years free medical, housing, food, college, etc...? Yeah, that would be nice, I guess.
That would be cruel...almost as cruel as what college athletes go through.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Is he suggesting that they are also forbidden to work a second job so they can do things like support their children?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Is he suggesting that they are also forbidden to work a second job so they can do things like support their children?
As bad as we like to make it a seem everyone still has an opportunity to make something of their lives by choice. Let's not forget that every person in this country still has personal responsibility to care for himself. Id]f a kid gets a chance to get out of poverty, get an education and play a great sport I'd say that an opportunity vs. a poor sad individual be kept down. That's a hell of a lot more than this trailer park kid ever had offered to hit.

Native Americans seem to have an even bigger opportunity. They were truly oppressed but they can turn it around by choice as well.

I believe that [MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION] can speak to this somewhat.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
As bad as we like to make it a seem everyone still has an opportunity to make something of their lives by choice. Let's not forget that every person in this country still has personal responsibility to care for himself. Id]f a kid gets a chance to get out of poverty, get an education and play a great sport I'd say that an opportunity vs. a poor sad individual be kept down. That's a hell of a lot more than this trailer park kid ever had offered to hit.

Native Americans seem to have an even bigger opportunity. They were truly oppressed but they can turn it around by choice as well.

I believe that [MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION] can speak to this somewhat.
I really think you treat your employees well, but I feel like you hate it. You wish your employees would work and not get paid and their children could eat nothing and like it because they are amateurs. You pay them well because you are too smart to try to get by with bad workers who will leave you. You do your best for them and you want their best from them. And then, you want young people to be taught a value system in which there is no loyalty, where they will be cast aside with nothing with no notice. No money, no degree, nothing to show for two or three years of their lives and then no one wants to help them. The assistant coaches who recruited won't return their calls. They need a few recommendations to be an assistant coach in JR high if they finished their degree but of course all of those numbers have changed. So, that's football.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I really think you treat your employees well, but I feel like you hate it. You wish your employees would work and not get paid and their children could eat nothing and like it because they are amateurs. You pay them well because you are too smart to try to get by with bad workers who will leave you. You do your best for them and you want their best from them. And then, you want young people to be taught a value system in which there is no loyalty, where they will be cast aside with nothing with no notice. No money, no degree, nothing to show for two or three years of their lives and then no one wants to help them. The assistant coaches who recruited won't return their calls. They need a few recommendations to be an assistant coach in JR high if they finished their degree but of course all of those numbers have changed. So, that's football.
I really don't know where you are going with this or got this feeling. It seems really odd. As a small business owner with about 10 years in I can say that our people are great. We love them like family. I've gone many paychecks where everyone got paid and I didn't. We've had our good times and bad. My top technician makes twice the regional average because he deserves it. You can find my crew regularly huddled around the grill at my house when we randomly decide to take half a day off on a Friday due to reaching a goal or just because. Family members are invited. I've been known to carry cash with me and drop $200 to a guy just because or out of appreciate. We work hard and play hard. Cigars ans scotch are a regular occurrence for me and the guys. Just back porch type of stuff and talking life. I love my guys and wish I could pay them more.

Our company has a very low tolerance for complaining, laziness, excuses and people who feel that they are owed something. Those types are easy to spot and are sent packing quickly.

You have absolutely no idea what we've been through to get to this point. We risked it all before and lost everything when we had in our first business. House, cars, poverty, food stamps...you name it. But my family is happy no matter what because we knew the risks we took. We didn't cry about injustice. My parent are drug addicts and I spent most of my youth in TYC. I went into the 8th grade for about two weeks and thats it. 23 years ago I met my wife in a Narcotics meeting and used a girls bicycle for transportation. Now I have an graduate degree, a business, a small ranch (29 acres (don't laugh) and a farm house that we live in). I've got 6 amazing kids we excel in life, 23 year old pipeline welder, 20 year army nurse (finished 2 associate degrees by 18), a 16 year old star athlete in his public high school, 14 year old genius with artistic skills that score 24tds last year, two beautiful daughters...my life is pretty good.

My wife is fighting a very serious and dangerous form of breast cancer. She has had surgeries and now the most aggressive doses of chemo that a human can handle, followed by 2 different types of severe treatment, followed by radiation over a years time. I personally had a major heart attack three weeks ago and almost lost my life.

But we don't cry, we don't blame, we don't look at the system for our answers, we aren't searching for "causes" or broken things in the world. We try to contribute to society. People who don't that generally aren't happy people. They live life with a victim mentality and rarely dominate this life.

So yeah, cry me a river with college athletes. I've worked 100 hour weeks for years and lived with not much. So what, I could have lived a decent life, got a regular career and blended in. But I chose my path and my dream. Don't bitch about things, do something with your life...that's what I try to live by. If college athletes are mistreated (they were offered a much better opportunity than I could have ever imagined) can chose a different path or try to change the system. I personally can't imagine staying where you feel wronged and crying about it for 4-5 years. Make a different choice.

You seen to be pretty off on your assessment of me. I just don't feel sorry for "victims" who don't look to turn their situation around.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Huh? I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.
Oh. You're drunk posting again.

You really should put a timer on your computer that shuts it down after 11pm.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Skid said:
I personally had a major heart attack three weeks ago and almost lost my life.
Damn, man. Scary. Good to see you're doing better.

It was the crockpot ribs that caused it, wasn't it?
:unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
skidadl said:
I personally had a major heart attack three weeks ago and almost lost my life.
WTF, man? You can't tell a brother?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dawg, I been getting my ass kicked out here.
I hear you, man. I was just messin' with you. I hope all is well now, and hope things go as well as possible this year with all of the other stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dawg, I been getting my ass kicked out here.
Heart conditions obviously aren't something to deal with lightly. Did you suffer any damage to the heart muscle? Was it caused from blockages of the arteries? I have had a couple of those suckers in my life and can offer some things that can be helpful. I know you have a physician but if you want some practicable advise just pm me and I will pass along some things to help make it something you might not get from your doctor.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Heart conditions obviously aren't something to deal with lightly. Did you suffer any damage to the heart muscle? Was it caused from blockages of the arteries? I have had a couple of those suckers in my life and can offer some things that can be helpful. I know you have a physician but if you want some practicable advise just pm me and I will pass along some things to help make it something you might not get from your doctor.
I'll be getting some answers in the coming days.

I can say this - if I get in a hurry and try to swiftly get up the stairs I'm pretty much out of breath.

Top Bottom