Do you bring Hardy back?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have no issue bringing Hardy back based on his attitude but I don't know if he is worth a huge contract moving forward.

He just never looked like a consistent pro bowl type pass rusher this year and he kind of disappeared at the end of they year.

The question is do you want him back and at what cost?

I think at this point I say no and roll with Gregory and Lawrence with another veteran brought in and another draft choice.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I want to bring him back. I don't know the value but even though he didn't have the 20 sacks he did demand attention. He is proven as well and I think the down year was due more to the off the field distractions than anything else. Another year removed should help and hopefully somebody can reach him. Would love to see a Lawrence and dedicated Hardy.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I want to bring him back. I don't know the value but even though he didn't have the 20 sacks he did demand attention. He is proven as well and I think the down year was due more to the off the field distractions than anything else. Another year removed should help and hopefully somebody can reach him. Would love to see a Lawrence and dedicated Hardy.
I would love to see that but do you want to spend 10 mill plus a year and hope that he regains form?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I would love to see that but do you want to spend 10 mill plus a year and hope that he regains form?
Can we afford that? Doubt it. Do I want to? Yes. If I would have seen more from Gregory then maybe that would change my mind. Maybe it's a case of going through years searching for a pass rush. Right now you have a guy that can and in his prime. Hard for me to pass that up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Depends how much he costs. I'm interested in spending done free agency coin re-tooling the secondary, and I might be interested in a guy like Eric Berry if available. Part with Wilcox and Church, at least as starters.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yes. But I'd like to see his head in a better place, and I'd like to see our robot be in his corner a little.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I do, under similar terms. A quick and dirty incentive contract easy to get out of.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yes. But I'd like to see his head in a better place, and I'd like to see our robot be in his corner a little.
Fuck Garrett and who he likes and doesn't like. He is running around screaming the virtues of Terrence Williams and that guy came up small when we needed him.

arcticdiesel

I do, under similar terms. A quick and dirty incentive contract easy to get out of.
Agreed. I would think this season he would have been as motivated as he will ever be. Big contract not only ties the teams hands, he loses some of that motivation.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Depends how much he costs. I'm interested in spending done free agency coin re-tooling the secondary, and I might be interested in a guy like Eric Berry if available. Part with Wilcox and Church, at least as starters.
I would be very interested in using that money on somebody like Berry.

Berry and Jones would be a very interesting Safety tandem, I would keep Wilcox as depth and special teams, probably Church as well since they are both cheap.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would. He sat for an entire year and still came back and got 6 sacks in 12 games. With this year and then a full offseason under his belt going into next year, he should be even better.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fuck Garrett and who he likes and doesn't like. He is running around screaming the virtues of Terrence Williams and that guy came up small when we needed him.
True but given that Garrett will be there whether we like it or not, I feel like hardy could be more productive if the coach throws him a little support.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yes, I want him back if he doesn't demand an exorbitant deal.

3-4 years, about 25-35 million, about 15 guaranteed is fine by me and we could get out of the deal very easily after 2 years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I would. He sat for an entire year and still came back and got 6 sacks in 12 games. With this year and then a full offseason under his belt going into next year, he should be even better.
He had a full offseason last year, I don't understand why you would expect much difference.

How are you willing to guarantee at this chance he is much better?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Does he sign another one of those and if he does not do you let him walk?
I don't think he will have much of a choice honestly. The guy has already come out and thrown his cards on the table that he wants to stay. That is not common with players that know they are marketable. So yeah, I offer that kind of deal. If he turns up his nose, fine.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yes, I want him back if he doesn't demand an exorbitant deal.

3-4 years, about 25-35 million, about 15 guaranteed is fine by me and we could get out of the deal very easily after 2 years.
If you are Hardy do you take that?

I would love to have him at that but I don't think that gets him on board.

I will admit that the market might not be more in line with him getting around 9 mill per with incentives.

l

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I also don't think Eric Berry is a very realistic FA option, I can't see the Chiefs letting him walk.

A guy like Tashaun Gipson or Eric Weddle is much more likely.

Top Bottom