Schefter: NFL sends additional questions to Ezekiel Elliott over assault accusations

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL sends additional questions to Ezekiel Elliott over assault accusations
8:46 AM ET

Adam Schefter
ESPN Senior Writer

The NFL has submitted follow-up questions to Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott related to the assault accusations made in July by his ex-girlfriend, league sources told ESPN.

Elliott is still in the process of responding to the league's questions, which he received within the past month, sources said.

No resolution is expected this season, and sources said any potential discipline from the NFL would be for the 2017 season.

Over the summer, Elliott's ex-girlfriend posted pictures of her bruised arms on Instagram and tagged Elliott, sparking an investigation that has lasted all season. Police in Aventura, Florida, were also called to Elliott's apartment in February to investigate an altercation involving the same woman, according to a report in USA Today Sports.

Elliott was not arrested and did not face charges related to the alleged incidents. Elliott said he was interviewed by the NFL during the season, but the league's investigation is not complete.

The rookie running back insists he did nothing wrong and is being compliant, and he believes he has nothing to hide, a source said.

A player does not have to be charged in the legal system to be suspended by the NFL for a violation of the personal conduct policy.

Elliott and the Cowboys host the Green Bay Packers on Sunday in the NFC divisional round.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Are they going to suspend him for the playoffs?

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
I can almost guarantee they'll drop a fucking 4-6 game suspension on him next year. Because fuck Goodel.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They won't, but I'm annoyed they keep pestering him on what is clearly a done issue.
Especially in the middle of the fucking playoffs. I mean, if the suspension won't happen until next year anyway, why not wait until after the team is done for the year? It's a fucking unnecessary distraction.

GShock

DCC 4Life
So Tyreek Hill pleaded guilty to abusing and choking his pregnant girlfriend before he played a down in the NFL and there's no chance whatsoever the league will do anything to him, so we are talking about this why?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So Tyreek Hill pleaded guilty to abusing and choking his pregnant girlfriend before he played a down in the NFL and there's no chance whatsoever the league will do anything to him, so we are talking about this why?
Because it's the Cowboys and the Chiefs don't move the dial on a national level.

Notice you haven't seen the ESPN women line up to decry the Chiefs support of domestic violence like that idiot Wendi Nix did last season regarding Greg Hardy.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
This is all so the league can look like it's taking domestic abuse seriously by holding a high profile player like Zeke's feet to the fire. The case is obviously BS and they're dragging out the dog and pony show investigation so the harpies on SJWESPN don't get their granny panties in a wad.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Christ, the Feds took less time investigating JFK's murder

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Goodell: “No timeline” on investigation of accusations against Ezekiel Elliott

Posted by Zac Jackson on February 1, 2017, 3:06 PM EST

Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones recently made clear that he’s ready for the NFL to put its investigation of domestic violence allegations against star running back Ezekiel Elliott to rest.

At his pre-Super Bowl press conference Wednesday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that the league is no hurry and is concerned with getting it right, not getting it done.

“I am not putting on any pressure on our investigators,” Goodell said. “We have highly trained, highly skilled people looking into this. We want them to be thorough and we want them to be fair and come to the right conclusion.

“When they do, they will notify me. At this point there’s no timetable.”

Elliott’s attorney said last fall he believed it was time for the NFL to close the book on two separate allegations made by Elliott’s ex-girlfriend. When the Cowboys’ season ended last month Elliott said he wanted closure and that investigators would find nothing to prove the allegations. Jones said he has believed since last summer that Elliott would be cleared.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No timeline? They are just going to let it hang over his head? Seems like there should be something Elliot could do about that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No timeline? They are just going to let it hang over his head? Seems like there should be something Elliot could do about that.
The NFLPA should be all up in this shit by now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We'll believe anything a hoochie says, even if the police don't.

You don't need to be verified, just make an accusation...and we'll put them under the scope for an indefinite amount of time.

If the police have no issue, wtf does the NFL?

And then I re-read an article from December and it all makes so much sense.....

======================

Promising to professionalize and strengthen its domestic violence efforts, the NFL created its own investigative team in 2015 and hired Lisa Friel and Kia Roberts, former New York prosecutors who specialize in sexual assault and domestic violence cases. The league put Friel in charge of all investigations, made Roberts its lead investigator, and asked them to coordinate with its security reps: independent investigators contracted by the NFL who are stationed around the country.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We'll believe anything a hoochie says, even if the police don't.

You don't need to be verified, just make an accusation...and we'll put them under the scope for an indefinite amount of time.

If the police have no issue, wtf does the NFL?

And then I re-read an article from December and it all makes so much sense.....

======================

Promising to professionalize and strengthen its domestic violence efforts, the NFL created its own investigative team in 2015 and hired Lisa Friel and Kia Roberts, former New York prosecutors who specialize in sexual assault and domestic violence cases. The league put Friel in charge of all investigations, made Roberts its lead investigator, and asked them to coordinate with its security reps: independent investigators contracted by the NFL who are stationed around the country.
Sounds like a cash cow for a couple attorneys to drag out forever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My thoughts exactly. Hug-master's kickback comes in the form of influence.

Fuckers leeching everything he can out of the league.
I mean I'm a lawyer and all but a big money client like the NFL that you can bill on an hourly basis is like a lawyers dream come true. You basically don't have to do anything else and you can bill at a rate of $500.00 per hour or more easily. Why would they want the investigation to ever end?

Top Bottom