Divisional Round Chatter Thread | Saturday Games | 01-14-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
BRB.

Gotta make a run to my local BBQ spot to pick up my gameday brisket and spicy sausage (no homo).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I realized that a long time.

The only real difference that I noticed is Dak tends to avoid the high risk-high reward throws more than Romo.
Teams rush Prescott differently. Not as hard.

There was a play early in the game that Romo ran for a seven yard gain where the coverage was on point. He was looking backwards on half the run and then went full fetal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
BRB.

Gotta make a run to my local BBQ spot to pick up my gameday brisket and spicy sausage (no homo).
Count your blessings, be glad you have one.

You would think Charlotte, NC would be a BBQ mecca.

Uhhh...no.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Recorded the NFLN replays of the 2014 Divisional and the week 6 game this year and I am watching them until kickoff.

Amazing what I forgot about that 2014 game. It got defined by the Murray fumble and the Dez no catch, but that was a really a classic game.
If there are two plays in that game o would change, it wouldn't even be those two.

The first would be the awful decision to pass out of the shotgun on 3rd and 1 before the half when we were 4 for 4 on 3rd and 1 running the ball up to that point. If we run the ball, we get the 1st down and I believe we go into the 21-7 and we run away with it in the 2nd half.

The second would be the Cobb fumble after we took the 21-13 lead. If Hanna gods on to it, we go up 28-13 and put those chumps to sleep.

We don't get to replay those moments, but we do get a chance at revenge tomorrow. I hope this team is up to the challenge and gets those bastards back.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep. Do. Not. Want. Belichick.
Well, barring a miracle, we will get him if we get there.
He is the GOAT, but I wouldn't be scared.

He and Brady are made out to be invincible, but these guys got outplayed in their last 3 SB's and lost two of them to a 9-7 team and a 10-6 team.

Their previous 3? Just did enough to beat their opponent in nail biting affairs.

My point is, they are tough, but they aren't perfect. If we get there, I love our chances to finish the job.

data

Forbes #1
For the Bobble game, the Terry Gleen WR screen in our end zone? Def WTf

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He and Brady are made out to be invincible, but these guys got outplayed in their last 3 SB's and lost two of them to a 9-7 team and a 10-6 team.

Their previous 3? Just did enough to beat their opponent in nail biting affairs.

My point is, they are tough, but they aren't perfect. If we get there, I love our chances to finish the job.
So you believe Garrett is the equal or better of Coughlin or even Carroll?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If there are two plays in that game o would change, it wouldn't even be those two.

The first would be the awful decision to pass out of the shotgun on 3rd and 1 before the half when we were 4 for 4 on 3rd and 1 running the ball up to that point. If we run the ball, we get the 1st down and I believe we go into the 21-7 and we run away with it in the 2nd half.

The second would be the Cobb fumble after we took the 21-13 lead. If Hanna gods on to it, we go up 28-13 and put those chumps to sleep.

We don't get to replay those moments, but we do get a chance at revenge tomorrow. I hope this team is up to the challenge and gets those bastards back.
Yeah but those two points don't tell the story of that game. It was very very close. Other plays defined it too. Romo was strip sacked early and we didn't lose it. Hanna fucked up an easy recovery.

Turnovers are so big. Even the week six game this year, we don't win without the turnovers.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So you believe Garrett is the equal or better of Coughlin or even Carroll?
No, but I don't think we need Garrett to be amazing to get it done.

This staff as a whole is significantly better than the one we had in 2011 and yet we went to New England and outplayed them and should have won -- in a season where they went to the SB.

Now if we can do that with a lesser team and lesser staff, why couldn't we give them everything they can handle if we make it to the SB?

D

Deuce

I love Tom Hardy, but his normal British voice should not narrate football promos.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah but those two points don't tell the story of that game. It was very very close. Other plays defined it too. Romo was strip sacked early and we didn't lose it. Hanna fucked up an easy recovery.

Turnovers are so big. Even the week six game this year, we don't win without the turnovers.
Wilcox was really close to a pick when we went up 21-13.

It's cliche, but that was a game that was a great example of how football really is a game of inches

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Patriots with Gronk scare the shit out of me. Without Gronk though that offense just doesn't scare me the same way.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Patriots with Gronk scare the shit out of me. Without Gronk though that offense just doesn't scare me the same way.
Good point.

Back when it first started to look like we had a real chance at homefield, I started thinking about how we matched up with certain teams and the idea of facing Gronk worried me because we wouldn't have answer for him.

I'm glad that's something we won't have to worry about if that matchup takes place.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Count your blessings, be glad you have one.

You would think Charlotte, NC would be a BBQ mecca.

Uhhh...no.
That is shocking.

As much as Carolinians boast about "Carolina BBQ" I assumed there would be tons of good BBQ spots in the Queen City.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That is shocking.

As much as Carolinians boast about "Carolina BBQ" I assumed there would be tons of good BBQ spots in the Queen City.
Nope. Got to go to the sticks or to the coast.

SC has better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom