Divisional Round Chatter Thread | Saturday Games | 01-14-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've got Seattle pulling off the upset and the Texans beating the spread.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Thinking a lot about legacy.

Remember Romo's first playoff game? Tuna with the super conservative game plan despite the fact that Seattle was staring jags like Pete Hunter at corner. The pass to Witten at the end of the game for the first down that was somehow overturned on replay and marked back 6 inches to bring up fourth down. The decision to kick the field goal instead of going for it with time still left on the clock knowing that Hasselbeck had been eating up our linebackers and safeties with Jerramy Stevens all game.

And of course, the botched hold, and Romo just inches away from the first down on his attempt to scramble. Still a chance if the defense can stop them records they don't until it's too late. The image of Romo sitting on the turf holding his facemask in dismay. Tuna leaves, and a playoff game that was inches away from being a win becomes a bedrock foundation for Romo's frustrating legacy and the next decade of Cowboys football. It was a decade of almost, but not quite. Of Crayton cutting off routes and Austin losing the ball in the lights. Of catches that weren't. Of win and in regular season games that were losses.

This team is not perfect. But tomorrow will be a pretty significant piece of the legacy for both Dak and Zeke and this franchise going forward. It is exciting and terrifying.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They felt Romo's grip on the football was too careless risking turnovers and that the OL was too suspect to block Seattle's pass rushers for long.

We now have no excuse to not test this sad excuse of a Packer secondary.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I agree on the Texans. I don't think it'll be particularly close but I'm guessing they cover.

I kind of feel the same about Seattle. If I had to guess I'd say they cover but don't win.

I'm hoping one of Houston, Seattle or Pittsburgh wins. All favorites won last week and I don't want the law of averages to get us.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I agree on the Texans. I don't think it'll be particularly close but I'm guessing they cover.

I kind of feel the same about Seattle. If I had to guess I'd say they cover but don't win.

I'm hoping one of Houston, Seattle or Pittsburgh wins. All favorites won last week and I don't want the law of averages to get us.
I am definitely a Seahawks fan for a day.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I want to see Seattle lose for no other reason than some of my relatives are Seahawks fans and I don't want to hear their yap. Looks like I will have to be an Atlanta fan for the day.

I would be thrilled to see the Texans upset New England but not going to the bookie with that bet.

I think the Sreelers have a better shot of beating the Patriots so I will be in their corner this week.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Recorded the NFLN replays of the 2014 Divisional and the week 6 game this year and I am watching them until kickoff.

Amazing what I forgot about that 2014 game. It got defined by the Murray fumble and the Dez no catch, but that was a really a classic game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Going to,be a tough game for the Falcons. I think the Seahawk secondary and especially Richard Sherman are embarrassed by their performance against Julio Jones in the regular season. Sherman blew multiple coverages contributing to at least two TDs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just to let you know, you will have an assignment tomorrow.

Start the official chatter thread for the game.

Against Darth DiscountDoubleCheck you are our only hope, Obi-Wan Big.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Thinking a lot about legacy.

Remember Romo's first playoff game? Tuna with the super conservative game plan despite the fact that Seattle was staring jags like Pete Hunter at corner. The pass to Witten at the end of the game for the first down that was somehow overturned on replay and marked back 6 inches to bring up fourth down. The decision to kick the field goal instead of going for it with time still left on the clock knowing that Hasselbeck had been eating up our linebackers and safeties with Jerramy Stevens all game.

And of course, the botched hold, and Romo just inches away from the first down on his attempt to scramble. Still a chance if the defense can stop them records they don't until it's too late. The image of Romo sitting on the turf holding his facemask in dismay. Tuna leaves, and a playoff game that was inches away from being a win becomes a bedrock foundation for Romo's frustrating legacy and the next decade of Cowboys football. It was a decade of almost, but not quite. Of Crayton cutting off routes and Austin losing the ball in the lights. Of catches that weren't. Of win and in regular season games that were losses.

This team is not perfect. But tomorrow will be a pretty significant piece of the legacy for both Dak and Zeke and this franchise going forward. It is exciting and terrifying.
I forgot that Seattle picked Pete Hunter up off the street just prior to the playoff game. And like you said, instead of going after that scrub, they treated him as if he were Charles Woodson.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just to let you know, you will have an assignment tomorrow.

Start the official chatter thread for the game.

Against Darth DiscountDoubleCheck you are our only hope, Obi-Wan Big.
:jerry

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I forgot that Seattle picked Pete Hunter up off the street just prior to the playoff game. And like you said, instead of going after that scrub, they treated him as if he were Charles Woodson.
That was definitely Parcells' poosay moment.

They should have attacked that schlub mercilessly.

As much as Parcells laid the foundation, he certainly shit the bed with his gameplan in that game.

In retrospect, just think about it. He trusts Romo, they win that game and go on further.

Instead, he doesn't. Parcells then gets sullen and soft, quits because he was miserable.

Win that game, things change significantly IMO.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I want to see Seattle lose for no other reason than some of my relatives are Seahawks fans and I don't want to hear their yap. Looks like I will have to be an Atlanta fan for the day.

I would be thrilled to see the Texans upset New England but not going to the bookie with that bet.

I think the Sreelers have a better shot of beating the Patriots so I will be in their corner this week.
As strange as it sounds, I'd rather see the Patriots in the Super Bowl rather than the Steelers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As strange as it sounds, I'd rather see the Patriots in the Super Bowl rather than the Steelers.
I get why you would say that. But the Super Bowl usually comes down to coaching and on that day, that game.

Tomlin is far less fearsome than the GOAT.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
One thing I have noticed watching the 2014 Packer game with a clear mind...

We are not doing that much now that we didn't do then.

Romo was not zinging it all over the field. They were running very similar packages, the route trees look pretty much the same with the exception of Beasley.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Matty Ice only 1-4 in the playoffs. I didn't know he was that bad off.

1bigfan13

Staff member
One thing I have noticed watching the 2014 Packer game with a clear mind...

We are not doing that much now that we didn't do then.

Romo was not zinging it all over the field. They were running very similar packages, the route trees look pretty much the same with the exception of Beasley.
I realized that a long time.

The only real difference that I noticed is Dak tends to avoid the high risk-high reward throws more than Romo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom