Story on Stephen Jones

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Article isn't about Jerry. Stephen has been here the whole time. He's not always been the voice of reason.

There have been an uncountable number of fuckups for him to have always been this white knight Jerry chose to ignore.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Article isn't about Jerry. Stephen has been here the whole time. He's not always been the voice of reason.

There have been an uncountable number of fuckups for him to have always been this white knight Jerry chose to ignore.
Well, nobody is perfect but Stephen was providing resistance to Jerry as far back as the Deion signing.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well, nobody is perfect but Stephen was providing resistance to Jerry as far back as the Deion signing.
Sure, but it took a lot of growth and learning before he gained the respect it took to finally take over.

I mean how many bad decisions have there been? I don't believe Stephen had his dad pinned up against the wall arguing against each of them.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Look how Goof Son has grown.

Will wait for real results before I deem him no longer Goof.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'd say our last draft was real results. Because that draft has carried us to the playoffs with homefield advantage. But hopefully we can keep it up.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but I am certainly waiting with baited breath for this exciting development.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Sure, but it took a lot of growth and learning before he gained the respect it took to finally take over.

I mean how many bad decisions have there been? I don't believe Stephen had his dad pinned up against the wall arguing against each of them.
Doesn't mean he sided with Jerry on all those decisions when Jerry was in full control with Lacewell being his right hand man. Stephen was more involved with cap issues back then.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Doesn't mean he sided with Jerry on all those decisions when Jerry was in full control with Lacewell being his right hand man. Stephen was more involved with cap issues back then.
I find it hard to believe that Stephen was not involved in any decision-making and it's always been Jerry and Lacewell locking perfect Stephen out.

I think Stephen has learned from the Galloway and Roy Williams trades, etc., etc. and has only recently started listening to his scouts. The Claiborne trade and Carr contract, for examples, didn't happen in a Jerry vacuum.

And no one was more excited to draft Randy Gregory than Stephen, so you can forget the "Jerry gets the 2nd round" theory.

Stephen's been involved a lot and for a long time.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I find it hard to believe that Stephen was not involved in any decision-making and it's always been Jerry and Lacewell locking perfect Stephen out.

I think Stephen has learned from the Galloway and Roy Williams trades, etc., etc. and has only recently started listening to his scouts. The Claiborne trade and Carr contract, for examples, didn't happen in a Jerry vacuum.

And no one was more excited to draft Randy Gregory than Stephen, so you can forget the "Jerry gets the 2nd round" theory.

Stephen's been involved a lot and for a long time.
I think it's widely known Stephen's involvement in personnel decision has greatly increased in the last several years. Much moreso than in the first 15 or so years. Not saying he never put in his .02 on decisions back then. First it wasn't his role and even so, not sure how much Jerry would've listened back when JJ was fully in control and Lacewell was personnel director and later on speed dial along with Switzer and others.
Also I'm not saying Stephen is some kind of guru or genius who is right 100% of the time. But there is no denying that we have been much better in that area during the time that corresponds with Stephens role increasing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think it's widely known Stephen's involvement in personnel decision has greatly increased in the last several years. Much moreso than in the first 15 or so years. Not saying he never put in his .02 on decisions back then. First it wasn't his role and even so, not sure how much Jerry would've listened back when JJ was fully in control and Lacewell was personnel director and later on speed dial along with Switzer and others.
Also I'm not saying Stephen is some kind of guru or genius who is right 100% of the time. But there is no denying that we have been much better in that area during the time that corresponds with Stephens role increasing.
Yep. If there's one thing that gives me hope right now it's this.

Top Bottom