Official Manziel To Dallas? Griffin To Dallas? Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
ESPN's John Clayton: 'I really do' think Manziel's time with Cleveland is over; Dallas 'likely' a destination

By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter: @SportsDayDFW

Johnny Manziel's season is over -- that much was made clear after the Browns ruled him out of Sunday's season finale at Pittsburgh because of a concussion.

ESPN's John Clayton says Manziel's career in Cleveland is over, too.

To little (or no) surprise, the Cowboys were brought up as a potential landing spot for the former Texas A&M star.

While on "SportsCenter" earlier this week to discuss Manziel, Clayton said the following about the quarterback's run with the organization that made him the No. 22 overall pick of the 2014 draft:

"I think he's over, I really do, because the team now is in a position to draft -- most likely -- the first quarterback in the draft, and whatever they do, and if they do take a quarterback, you know that they're not going to stay with Johnny Manziel.

"They'll try to flip him for a low draft choice - fifth-round, sixth-round pick - Dallas would be a likely destination, but I think you can understand that there's disappointment with the way this all worked out."

From Tom Withers of The Associated Press: Manziel went 2-4 as a starter, showing growth in everything from his preparation to pre-snap reads. But for all his progress inside the chalked sidelines, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner has continued to make off-the-field headlines.

During the season, Manziel, who spent 73 days in a Pennsylvania inpatient rehabilitation facility specializing in alcohol and drug addiction treatment last winter, was questioned by police in Avon, Ohio, following an in-car fight with his girlfriend. He was also benched two games by Pettine for being a distraction during the team's bye week and a video surfaced this week of Manziel rapping to a song while holding a can of what appears to be an alcoholic drink.

Browns coach Mike Pettine said accountability off the field is important.

"We always talk in terms of long-term sustained success and that's what you want to strive for," Pettine said. "If things aren't right off the field, that's very difficult to have that level of consistency, especially when you're in a position of leadership."

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:fyou

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think this is a certainty at this point.

:window
Should be interesting to see how this rolls out the next couple of days.

Everyone knows Haslam is in Manziel's corner. So if he cans Pettine, who fricking hates him, that is a leg up.

Then it depends on the new head coach. If it is Adam Gase, does he take Manziel on or just ask for Goff who should be far easier to work with.

Honestly, this whole thing could have been avoided if Destiny allowed Jerry to have his toy.

dallen

Senior Tech
Why you do this?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Good thing. Now we know if Romo goes down we are in as good or better shape without him.

From what I understand we are getting

Maurice Clarrett to back up McFadden - set

The draft really is an afterthought or just a time to play around with whatever picks we feel that are high risk/high payoff types. Personally, I'd go for CBs, kickers and injured guys with high upside.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If this goes down and we don't draft a legit QB I may become just a casual observer until Jerry is 6 feet under.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Do we even have a late round pick to trade for him after wasting them all on lousy QBs and RBs?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why you do this?
Because I want it to happen. I want to see the world burn.

Hell of a lot more more entertaining than seeing this franchise try since they are keeping Garrett.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Everyone knows Haslam is in Manziel's corner. So if he cans Pettine, who fricking hates him, that is a leg up.

Then it depends on the new head coach. If it is Adam Gase, does he take Manziel on or just ask for Goff who should be far easier to work with.

Honestly, this whole thing could have been avoided if Destiny allowed Jerry to have his toy.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I wouldn't mind kicking the tires provided he's a total free agent. no compensation from Dallas.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don't want any part of that worthless piece of shit.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

That's the one saving grace, if the new coach comes in and wants him there. I remember in 2013 everyone thought Philly was dumping Vick, but then they hired Kelly and he kept him. It could happen.

Otherwise...

:budd

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have to say I admire Manziel's work ethic.

It takes real hard work to try to orchestrate your way off a football team like this.

He is trying hard, battling every day, the right way, to be an ex-Brown.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
I have to say I admire Manziel's work ethic.

It takes real hard work to try to orchestrate your way off a football team like this.

He is trying hard, battling every day, the right way, to be an ex-Brown.

hes a spoiled rich kid who will always act out

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
hes a spoiled rich kid who will always act out
Don't like sticking up for him, but a lot of this is fabricated. It seems like he can't take a dump without it being noted.

He very well might be the spoiled little craphead he appears to be, but there is a lot of predation that is going on based on his every move. It's crazy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Don't like sticking up for him, but a lot of this is fabricated. It seems like he can't take a dump without it being noted.

He very well might be the spoiled little craphead he appears to be, but there is a lot of predation that is going on based on his every move. It's crazy.
Which is why he won't work here in Dallas.

He needs to go somewhere where he is as anonymous as possible and can work on his craft, you'd think Cleveland would be the ideal place but apparently not. If he was in Dallas it would be 10X worse.

Top Bottom