The Great Republican Revolt

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's correct to a certain degree. MSNBC does make an attempt to be more than the ultra-left wing "news" outlet that it is. It fails miserably, but it tries. It has anchors and guests who buck to liberal line and lean conservative, and, for the most part, the network doesn't drown them out. However, this is nothing more than spin doctoring. It allows MSNBC to puff its chest up and claim that it's not as biased as Fox because it doesn't shit on the anchors who have opposing points of view. The problem is that any reasonable person who has partial brain function recognizes that its nothing more than self-serving lip service and a blatant insult to the collective intelligence of the audience.
I agree with that for the most part but I don't see where it's an insult to intelligence, they don't hide there bias.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree. Libs point out a RINO like Scarborough co-hosts a show as if that proves they dont have a leftist agenda. Well liberals Iike Alan Colmes co-hosts a show on Fox for years. Not to mention people like Bob Beckel and Juan Williams having prominent roles on one of Fox's highest rated shows. Then there's Shephard Smith who has hosted a program for years who is openly gay and far from a conservative.

So I guess that proves Fox News is mainstream too.
All of the guys you mentioned are ridiculed and shouted down most anytime they appear on Fox and Bob Beckels got run off right?

Shephard Smith is pretty neutral but even his show has to go over all of the mandated talking points.

And who is claiming MSNBC is mainstream?

Jiggyfly

Banned
I love it when people try to defend MSNBC as just less biased. As though it's acceptable because Fox News is worse. You can't weigh bias. Your station is either biased or it isn't. To try and compare the degree of bias is laughable.
Glad you acknowledge that Fox is worse.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Don't know and don't care. They are both horribly biased. If you want to argue about which turd stinks more have fun with that.
Dude! Fox is 6.8% more biased!!!! Those bastards have no morals!

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
All of the guys you mentioned are ridiculed and shouted down most anytime they appear on Fox and Bob Beckels got run off right?

Shephard Smith is pretty neutral but even his show has to go over all of the mandated talking points.

And who is claiming MSNBC is mainstream?
Glad you acknowledge MSNBC is liberal and biased.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Glad you acknowledge MSNBC is liberal and biased.
It's kinda hard not to. When people like Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and Barbara Boxer are regular guests on every show they can sit in on, it suggests a bias.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's kinda hard not to. When people like Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and Barbara Boxer are regular guests on every show they can sit in on, it suggests a bias.
Michaele Steele and Steve Schmidt are on way more than those 2.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
It’s official. Obama has proven how “weak” he’s been on Iran … by getting them to essentially dismantle their own bomb-making capacity completely.

For months, we have heard from Republican Presidential candidates and members of Congress how Obama is “ensuring” Iran’s capability of making nuclear weapons. Facts, yet again, are not on the Republicans’ side.

As a part of the deal President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry reached with Iran, 12.5 tons of Iran’s enriched uranium – almost its entire stockpile – is currently sitting on a Russian ship and on its way to Russia for safe keeping. The remaining 650 pounds are going to be reprocessed into low-grade uranium to be turned into fuel plates for a research reactor.

Obama has made nothing short of a historical success when it comes to Iran. He has had more success in 8 years than Republicans have in the past 30+ without having to drop a single bomb.

It isn’t only Iran’s current nuclear stockpile that has been completely negated. Their capacity to produce more material was voluntarily curbed by them sharply, when they agreed to dismantle most of their enrichment centrifuges.

As if that isn’t enough, Iran also agreed to re-engineer one of its functioning reactors to drastically reduce its output of plutonium, which is another material used in making high-yield nuclear weapons.

Part of the agreement involves Russia shipping Iran about 140 tons of raw, unrefined uranium in exchange for their stockpile of enriched materials. Iran will be using the raw uranium to supply low-grade fuel for its domestic nuclear power program.

Once the IAEA confirms that these conditions have all been met, most of the international sanctions against Iran will be lifted, freeing up approx. $100 billion in previously frozen assets and allow them to fully return to the international oil market.

While every Republican was insisting the only way to solve the Iranian nuclear crisis was all out war, President Obama got our “enemy” to surrender and give us everything we wanted, without a shot fired or a bomb dropped.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yes they do what does that have to do with anything?
Because employees of the network are going to get more airtime than politicians who don't work for the network. I didn't realize that I would've had to explain the obvious.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Because employees of the network are going to get more airtime than politicians who don't work for the network. I didn't realize that I would've had to explain the obvious.
They still are Republicans who represent republican ideas and they are on much more than the people you mentioned, so what does that say about the stations bias using your logic?

I am not saying they are not just the way you are claiming this.

townsend

Banned
MSNBC gets no credit for serving their propaganda lukewarm. That just means they're a less competent version of Fox News. It's like Fox News is McDonald's and MSNBC is Wendy's. iDGAF if you sell a tangerine salad that tastes like wet garbage, you're not healthy, you're just less enjoyable junk food.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
MSNBC gets no credit for serving their propaganda lukewarm. That just means they're a less competent version of Fox News. It's like Fox News is McDonald's and MSNBC is Wendy's. iDGAF if you sell a tangerine salad that tastes like wet garbage, you're not healthy, you're just less enjoyable junk food.
Hell yeah.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol

Top Bottom