Legalize all drugs yes or no

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
There are some things I do not compromise. Drug use (abuse) is one. I hope everyone has some values they take seriously enough to refuse to yield their position. I simply put it out front.
I respect LT for his convictions.

Having said that, my wife starts the highest dose of chemo that a human can take and she will smoke weed. It is the best possible and safest drug for the side effects. And she is the sweetest. most harmless girls you'd ever meet.

I've already got it in the safe for her. I love this woman so much and will break 1000 laws to care for her.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

Having said that, my wife starts the highest dose of chemo that a human can take and she will smoke weed. It is the best possible and safest drug for the side effects. And she is the sweetest. most harmless girls you'd ever meet.

I've already got it in the safe for her. I love this woman so much and will break 1000 laws to care for her.
[MENTION=11]L.T. Fan[/MENTION] how do you feel about this? I'm not trying to start a debate here at all. I'm a socially conservative dude but I'll help my wife without the use of powerful, addictive drugs.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I wouldn't tell you or anyone else what they should or should not do. Those are your own convictions. I am.sorry your wife has cancer. It is a horrible illness. I can say this because of my immediate family of four, three of us have had cancer and have been treated. My sincere wish is that your wife will be treated successfully.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I wouldn't tell you or anyone else what they should or should not do. Those are your own convictions. I am.sorry your wife has cancer. It is a horrible illness. I can say this because of my immediate family of four, three of us have had cancer and have been treated. My sincere wish is that your wife will be treated successfully.
My wife is going through 4 types of treatment. Chemo, followed by 2 other powerful cancer fighting chemicals and then followed by radiation. All over a years time. She has one of the most aggressive and dangerous forms of breast cancer.

Having said that, I'm staring down the barrel of a gun here and if marijuana can help her I'll get it. It really is the best thing for her physically. Her Dr recommends it.

The drugs that the "legal" drug czars push are fart less effective, powerful and addictive. Would you ever be open to helping people like my wife to have access to weed in cases like this?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
My wife is going through 4 types of treatment. Chemo, followed by 2 other powerful cancer fighting chemicals and then followed by radiation. All over a years time. She has one of the most aggressive and dangerous forms of breast cancer.

Having said that, I'm staring down the barrel of a gun here and if marijuana can help her I'll get it. It really is the best thing for her physically. Her Dr recommends it.

The drugs that the "legal" drug czars push are fart less effective, powerful and addictive. Would you ever be open to helping people like my wife to have access to weed in cases like this?
If her Doctor recommends it go for it. That's a medical determination not one of abuse.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If her Doctor recommends it go for it. That's a medical determination not one of abuse.
I really wish you would answer the question. I know you're trying to be polite. I'm just trying to point out that medical marijuana has real merit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I really wish you would answer the question. I know you're trying to be polite. I'm just trying to point out that medical marijuana has real merit.
It may well have merit. I am aware that there are circumstances when the medical profession prescribes or recommends it for certain things. In my view that is completely different than choosing to use it for recreational purposes. If it is recommended for medical purposes legitimately I have no argument. On the other hand there are circumstances where " medical" marijuana is simply a subtrifuse for obtaining it for recreational use.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It may well have merit. I am aware that there are circumstances when the medical profession prescribes or recommends it for certain things. In my view that is completely different than choosing to use it for recreational purposes. If it is recommended for medical purposes legitimately I have no argument. On the other hand there are circumstances where " medical" marijuana is simply a subtrifuse for obtaining it for recreational use.
I hear you. Since I cannot purchase it I illegally obtained it. I have absolutely zero regrets about that though. My baby will be as comfortable as possible while in my care. I pray that I do not let her down in anyway.

Just think about it though, weed is extremely safe. Chronic users obviously will have some side effects but they are minimal. Now, take the other drugs that they want to prescribe her to reduce her suffering. They are addictive and have a bunch of side effects. My wife wants to live and function as much as possible.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
[MENTION=49]fortsbest[/MENTION] what is your opinion on this? I know that it is mostly recreational users who are pushing the "medical" use but what would you say in my situation?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

That is awesome, man. I know how much you love your wife. I could see it the day we all met for lunch. I feel the same way about my wife.

And, to be clear, I don't think the cancer is awesome. Just that you would do anything and everything to make her comfortable.

Last edited:

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Yes, I benefit so much from narcotics money I can't even begin to tell you. Quit being an idiot about something you know nothing about. Post some more memes if you would please.
The answer is no because even if legalized, narcotics take a toll on a person far more than alcohol and other addictions. It's hard enough even now for society and families to deal with it. legalizing it means the possibility of more people just "seeing what it is like" and some narcotics are too potent to do that with. I've never known anyone to die from the first time they "tried" alcohol. Not counting idiots who drove after. Plus, even if you legalized some drugs you wouldn't all of them for the reasons I mentioned above. It's like a lot of things that over the past few decades have become less unacceptable; if there is no stigma attached some people will try it just because they can and that isn't always a good thing.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Dude, my thoughts and prayers for you and her. I'm not opposed to medical use of a drug or narcotic if there is some reason for it, but general legalization so everyone can have it just for funnzies to me is a no no. Drink responsibly!

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Why You Should Care About the Number of Marijuana Overdose Deaths in America

Why You Should Care About the Number of Marijuana Overdose Deaths in America

The number of people fatally overdosing from marijuana last year is dreadfully significant.

Despite the state spending thousands of dollars a second – ticketing, kidnapping, caging, and killing evil drug users, the rate of lethal drug overdoses in the last 15 years has skyrocketed.

According to the 2015 data on death rates from 2001-2014, released by the Centers for Disease control and Prevention this month:

Prescription drug overdose deaths have nearly tripled since 2001
Opioid overdose deaths have nearly quadrupled since 2001
Benzodiazepine overdose deaths have increased by more than 600% since 2001
Cocaine overdose deaths are up 42% since 2001
Heroin overdose deaths are up nearly 500% since 2001
Across the board, drug use and deaths associated with drug use have increased at alarming rates. No amount of AR-15s, SWAT police, MRAPs, or any other military gear has had a hand in lowering these statistics. In fact, the increase in overdose deaths nearly coincides with the increase in militarization in the last decade and a half.

“More persons died from drug overdoses in the United States in 2014 than during any previous year on record,” reports the CDC.

One drug, or rather plant, which is still viciously sought after in the state’s immoral war on drugs is absent from the CDC’s report of overdose deaths. That plant is cannabis.

In spite of some form of cannabis being legal in some fashion in 23 states, the government still violently and with extreme prejudice continues to seek out those who dare possess it.

If the CDC calculated the number of deaths inflicted by police while enforcing marijuana laws, that number would certainly be shocking and could even be deemed a risk to public health. Marijuana is, indeed, dangerous, but only because of what can happen to you if the police catch you with it.

Nothing highlights the hypocrisy, immorality, and sheer idiocy of the drug war quite like marijuana prohibition. Here we have a medicine that kills cancer cells, saves the lives of countless epileptic children, heals broken bones, relieves pain, treats PTSD, is not dangerous, and exhibits a variety of other incredible benefits – yet the state will kill you over it.

So why do these tyrants keep it illegal?

If you want to know who profits from ruining lives and throwing marijuana users in cages, we need only look at who bribes (also known as lobbies) the politicians to keep the war on drugs alive.

Below is a list of the top five industries who need you locked in a cage for possessing a plant in order to ensure their job security.

1. Police Unions: Coming in as the number one contributor to politicians for their votes to lock you in a cage for a plant are the police themselves. They risk taking massive pay cuts and losing all their expensive militarized toys without the war on drugs.
2. Private Prison Corporations: No surprise here. The corporatist prison lobby is constantly pushing for stricter laws to keep their stream of tax dollars flowing.
3. Alcohol and Beer Companies: These giant corporations hate competition, so why not pay millions to keep a cheaper and far safer alcohol alternative off the market?
4. Pharmaceutical Corporations: The hypocrisy of marijuana remaining a Schedule 1 drug, “No Medical Use Whatsoever,” seems criminal when considering that pharmaceutical companies reproduce a chemical version of THC and can market and sell it as such. Ever hear of Marinol? Big pharma simply uses the force of the state to legislate out their competition; that happens to be nature.
5. Prison Guard Unions: The prison guard unions are another group, so scared of losing their jobs, that they would rather see thousands of non-violent and morally innocent people thrown into cages than look for another job.

What does it say about a society who’s resolute in enacting violence against their fellow human so they can have a job to go to in the morning?

The person who wants to ingest a substance for medical or recreational reasons is not the criminal. However, the person that would kidnap, cage, or kill someone because they have a different lifestyle, is a villain on many fronts.

When does this vicious cycle end?

The good news is that the drug war’s days are numbered. Evidence of this is everywhere. States are defying the federal government and refusing to lock people in cages for marijuana. A record number of law enforcement personnel are even quitting their jobs and joining the push to end the drug war.

Colorado and Washington served as a catalyst in a seemingly exponential awakening to the government’s immoral war. Following suit were Oregon, D.C., and Alaska. Medical marijuana initiatives are becoming a constant part of legislative debates nationwide. We’ve even seen bills that would not only completely legalize marijuana but deregulate it entirely, like corn.

Also, while the idea of treating an addict with compassion instead of violence is a radical notion in this country, in other countries, such as Portugal, its effects have been realized for more than a decade. In 2001, the Portuguese government decriminalized all drugs.

14 years later, drug use, crime, and overdoses have drastically declined in Portugal exposing the cruel reality of prohibition. Eventually, more states will adopt this approach, and the drug war tyrants will finally be outnumbered.

As more and more states refuse to kidnap and cage marijuana users, the drug war will continue to implode. We must be resilient in this fight.

If doing drugs bothers you, don’t do drugs. When you transition from holding an opinion — to using government violence to enforce your personal preference, you become the bad guy. Please, for all that is good, don’t be the bad guy.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/number-people-overdosed-marijuana-2015-significant/#TcM7HRRV64Aj3TUj.99

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
There haven't been any correctional layoffs in CO or WA. Wouldn't be any in any other state that legalized pot. Leaving aside that Texas is 4000 officers understaffed, legalizing weed would let us stop giving rapists little 5 and 10 year sentences.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I'd venture very few LE and correctional organizations are properly staffed and wouldn't hire more folk if they could, but let's not let that get in the way of the Free Thought Project and those that support their logic. Of course the only reason we want illegal pot is so we can fill our bank accounts and keep all those under employed LE and correction officers with jobs. Idiots!

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Colorado Celebrates Legalization Anniversary: Massive Drop in Arrests

Colorado Celebrates Legalization Anniversary: Massive Drop in Arrests

More than three years have passed since Colorado residents voted to legalize marijuana, which immediately allowed adults to possess and cultivate limited amounts of marijuana. This past New Year’s Day marked the two year anniversary of adults being able to legally buy marijuana in Colorado. The policy is still in its formative stage, but the first year after marijuana sales started in Colorado went very well and we continue to see the good shape of things to come.

The destruction imagined by opponents of legalization in 2012 never came true and is unlikely to materialize. Public safety benchmarks are under scrutiny in a manner never seen under prohibition and there is no real cause for panic in the foreseeable future. In short, the current state of legalization is more reflective of the world imagined by proponents – legalization works!

Of course that doesn’t prevent many from making broad assumptions and speculating about dangers associated with legalization. What’s important for the world to know is the policy is growing under the guidance of a family of state regulators, reform advocates, health practitioners and responsible industry affiliates.
As we mark the Jan 1st anniversary of marijuana legalization in Colorado, let’s take a look at some unquestionable characteristics this policy is starting to reveal in its first couple of years.

1) Thousands Not Arrested for Marijuana in Colorado
This initial and foundational aspect of marijuana legalization is often overlooked – marijuana arrests in Colorado have plummeted. We’ve seen possession, cultivation and distribution charges for marijuana cumulatively drop over 80%. Thousands of people in the state are no longer facing the immediate or collateral impact of a marijuana arrest. These thousands we speak of are disproportionally young black and brown men who now face one less obstacle of the many they endure in this country. We’ve also seen all drug-related charges drop by 23% on a judicial district level since the passage of amendment 64.

2) Revenue Allocation for Important Services
Colorado is projected to have brought in over 125 million dollars in taxes for 2015. These monies are put into a fund to improve local public schools or are collected by the state to be divvied up via the Governor’s allocation plan. The Governor’s plan provides a snapshot as to what a public health approach to marijuana looks like—funds are distributed to public education, behavioral health, law enforcement and youth prevention.

The Governor's plan in the 2015/2016 fiscal year alone will allocate 23 million dollars to such groups as the Tony Grampsas Youth Development program, which provides necessary services to youth at risk likely to be disproportionately targeted by punitive prohibition policies in the first place.

Colorado and other pioneering states are showing us what a reality-based, public health approach to marijuana looks like. These states are laboratories of democracy funding studies on the impact of marijuana and looking to allocate resources where needed and most effective. This while other states are still depending on users and possessors to remain fodder for their criminal justice system.

Happy anniversary, Colorado!

2233boys

Not So New Member
"I've never known anyone to die from the first time they "tried" alcohol."
Really? You realize you can overdose on alcohol too right?

As an aside, Anyone that drinks and is against full legalization of marijuana, in my eyes, is a hypocrite

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
As an aside, Anyone that drinks and is against full legalization of marijuana, in my eyes, is a hypocrite
Totally agree on the hypocrisy, but some people like to draw a line and since alcohol is already legal and weed is not they set that as their line. I am of the opinion that large majority of people with that stance have had very limited exposure to/experience with marijuana or else many of them would have a different opinion.

"I've never known anyone to die from the first time they "tried" alcohol."
Really? You realize you can overdose on alcohol too right?
Anyone know someone that died the first time they tried weed? How about the 100th time? 500th time? The answer is no, unless it was some sort of accident that occurred while they were high. I'm sure that happens from time to time but would certainly be an outlier. Alcohol impairs people in a more hazardous way in most cases.

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Totally agree on the hypocrisy, but some people like to draw a line and since alcohol is already legal and weed is not they set that as their line. I am of the opinion that large majority of people with that stance have had very limited exposure to/experience with marijuana or else many of them would have a different opinion.

Anyone know someone that died the first time they tried weed? How about the 100th time? 500th time? The answer is no, unless it was some sort of accident that occurred while they were high. I'm sure that happens from time to time but would certainly be an outlier. Alcohol impairs people in a more hazardous way in most cases.
Many more people have died from Asprin than weed. I don't think anyone has ever died because of the chemical effects of weed itself. Ever. Maybe fallen asleep?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Hey man, let me get a little bit for my cataracts!

Top Bottom