4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

By: Lisa Chavarria

FOX 32 NEWS - Chicago investigators are questioning four African-Americans after a Facebook Live video shows a group of people torturing a white mentally disabled man while someone yelled "F*** Trump!" and "F*** white people!"

Chicago police were made aware of the video Tuesday afternoon. A young African American woman streamed the video live on Facebook showing at least four people holding the young white man hostage.

"The video is reprehensible," said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

"It's sickening. You know it makes you wonder what would make individuals treat somebody like that," Police Supt. Eddie Johnson added.

Throughout the video, the victim is repeatedly kicked and hit, his scalp is cut, all while he is tied up with his mouth taped shut.

At one point, the victim is held at knife point and told to curse President-elect Donald Trump. The group also forces the victim to drink water from a toilet.

The suspects can be heard saying they want the video to go viral.

Detectives think the victim, who lives in the suburbs and appeared to be in his late teens or early 20s, met some acquaintances in northwest suburban Streamwood and they drove him to Chicago in a stolen vehicle, Guglielmi said.

The victim is then believed to have been held hostage and tortured in an apartment in the 3400 block of West Lexington on the West Side, Guglielmi said.

On Tuesday afternoon, police officers spotted the victim walking on a street on the West Side wearing shorts, Guglielmi said. Because it was unusual to see a man in shorts in the cold weather, the officers stopped to talk to the man, who appeared disoriented, and he was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries.

Toxicology tests were performed at the hospital to determine if the victim was under the influence of anything.

Police said the victim was a classmate of one of the suspects. He was held hostage for at least 24 hours and as long as 48 hours.

"It's quite a possibility that this is a kidnapping and that's certainly one of the charges we'll be seeking if it turns out to be that. But, he's traumatized by the incident and it's tough to communicate with him at this point," said Chicago Police Commander Kevin Duffin.

Community activist Andrew Holmes was made aware of the disturbing video, which he is calling a "hate crime."

Although President-elect Donald Trump was mentioned, Chicago Police do not believe the crime was politically motivated.

"I think some of it is just stupidity, people just ranting about something that they think might make a headline. I don't think that at this point we have anything concrete to really point us in that direction, but we'll keep investigating and we'll let the facts guide us on how this concludes," Supt. Johnson said.

Charges are expected to be filed in the next 24 hours.

Disgusting.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. Doesn't matter until it blows up on the national news.

Cotton

Staff member
Ran across this tweet while reading through #blmkidnapping search... Just wow.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh. Doesn't matter until it blows up on the national news.
And, it hasn't yet that I have seen. Not all that surprising, tbh.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Oh no, no way that's a hate crime.

Just some misunderstood kids who need to grow up.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh no, no way that's a hate crime.

Just some misunderstood kids who need to grow up.
You are joking, but there has already been someone (a senator, I believe) come out and say, "These are just kids who made a mistake". Dead serious.

EDIT: It was the chief of police that said it.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
CNN PANELIST BLAMES TRUMP FOR RACIST TORTURE OF MENTALLY DISABLED MAN
Chicago police say attack was "stupid," unlikely to be a hate crime
Paul Joseph Watson

According to CNN panelist Symone Sanders, the vicious attack on a mentally disabled man in Chicago during which his attackers yelled “fuck Donald Trump” and “fuck white people,” can be blamed on one man; Donald Trump.

Four people are now in custody after a shocking video emerged of an 18-year-old man being tied up, tortured, cut, beaten and forced to drink toilet water while his assailants screamed racial slurs and live streamed the entire thing on Facebook.

The victim was held by his kidnappers for 24-48 hours before being released, at which point he was spotted by police stumbling around in a west Chicago suburb and immediately taken to hospital.

The chilling footage has sparked a fresh conversation about how the mainstream media’s race baiting and its support for ‘Black Lives Matter’, a group that has inspired violence and whose ideological inspiration is a cop killing terrorist, is legitimizing violent anti-white racism.

However, according to CNN contributor Symone Sanders, the main culprit behind the attacks is Donald Trump.

“I just want to remind folks that we cannot sit here and ignore that, at least for the last year, on very public display, the worst parts of America have been brought from the fringe into the mainstream,” Sanders told CNN’s Don Lemon. “So, that affects people on both sides.”

“We’ve talked about white nationalists and white supremacists and the KKK, but there also, when this inflammatory rhetoric is out there, when someone is repeatedly telling you that your community is the worst of the worst, it brings out the worst of the worst in people,” she added.

When Lemon said that the attackers probably “never watch the news,” Sanders responded, “Ya’ll have to give young people more credit than that [sic] is,” she said. “Everybody knows who Donald Trump is.”

Sanders also asserted that the attack wasn’t a hate crime, commenting, “Was this for hate for Donald Trump, because of the things he said? Or, was this for pure hate of white people, because that matters.”

“That is not a hate crime,” she added . “Hate crimes are because of a person’s racial ethnicity, their religion, their gender, a disability, it isn’t your political leanings, because someone doesn’t like you’re political leanings and they do something bad to you, that is not a hate crime.”

“I’m sure if a group of white Trump supporters live streamed themselves tying up and torturing a black man while demanding he say “Fuck black people” and “Fuck Obama” she’d be just as understanding,” comments Chris Menahan.

Sanders previously responded to the black mob beating of a white man in Chicago because the mob thought he had voted for Trump with the refrain, “Oh my goodness, poor white people!”
She also previously caused controversy by saying, “we don’t need white people leading the Democratic party.”

Meanwhile, Chicago police have refused to label the incident a hate crime, with Chicago Police Department Commander Kevin Duffin telling reporters, “Kids make stupid decisions — I shouldn’t call them kids, they’re legally adults. But they’re young adults and they make stupid decisions.”

Chicago law states, “A person commits hate crime when, by reason of the actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or national origin of another individual or group of individuals, regardless of the existence of any other motivating factor or factors, he commits assault, battery, aggravated assault.”

Given that the attackers yelled “fuck white people” and forced the man to say “I love black people” during the vicious assault, the incident is clearly a hate crime. If the victim’s mental disability was also a motivating factor, then that makes it a hate crime on at least two counts.

Let’s reverse the situation again. If four white Trump supporters abducted a mentally disabled black person for 48 hours and tortured him while yelling racial slurs, would it be a hate crime?
Of course it would, and the left would be apoplectic with rage and condemnation. But in a world defined by social justice warriors and radical leftist professors who ludicrously insist that it’s impossible to be racist against white people, the same rules apparently don’t apply.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You are joking, but there has already been someone (a senator, I believe) come out and say, "These are just kids who made a mistake". Dead serious.

EDIT: It was the chief of police that said it.
Ayuh, definitely a joke.

Everyone knows that you can't hate crime white people.

Cotton

Staff member
Ayuh, definitely a joke.

Everyone knows that you can't hate crime white people.
He was also disabled, so maybe if it can't be labeled a hate crime because he was white and they were yelling "Fuck white people", they can label it a hate crime because he was disabled?

No?

Okay.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Incredible double-standard, hopefully that will change before long.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
He was also disabled, so maybe if it can't be labeled a hate crime because he was white and they were yelling "Fuck white people", they can label it a hate crime because he was disabled?

No?

Okay.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Looks like video was near 30 minutes long. Not gonna be able to watch that shit without raging. Sad frikkin world we live in right now.

Cotton

Staff member
Looks like video was near 30 minutes long. Not gonna be able to watch that shit without raging. Sad frikkin world we live in right now.
Yeah, I didn't make it more than about 30 seconds and had to stop. It was just pissing me off.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Can it be a hate crime if all involved are mentally disabled...? I mean those idiots filming must have a negative IQ.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No?

Okay.
I believe they also used the racist term gook... but maybe that doesn't apply since he is white. By the way, it absolutely is a hate crime and black people can be racist. And no I don't hold any politician accountable for the actions of dumbass uneducated individuals. They should be liable for their own actions and should go to prison.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As though committing the crime is somehow better since they did it because he is disabled. I actually find that fact to be more deplorable. It's one thing to hate white man for holding you down (Total bullshit but I get that some people have been told that their entire lives) but what the hell has the mentally disabled population ever done to anyone? Disgusting.

Cotton

Staff member
As though committing the crime is somehow better since they did it because he is disabled. I actually find that fact to be more deplorable. It's one thing to hate white man for holding you down (Total bullshit but I get that some people have been told that their entire lives) but what the hell has the mentally disabled population ever done to anyone? Disgusting.
Don't even get me started on the mentally disabled part of all of this. I'm getting more and more pissed the more I think about this. I had to step away from Twitter.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't even get me started on the mentally disabled part of all of this. I'm getting more and more pissed the more I think about this. I had to step away from Twitter.
Yeah, I've actually gotten more angry the more I've thought about it.

shane

DCC 4Life
The blood is on the hands of the mass media and Democrats, as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom