TV Thread

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I'm reading this right now. I'm so quick that when I was reading it I thought to myself, "Man, this Joe Hill guy writes like the heir to Stephen King." I looked up his picture and was thought "Man, he even looks like a young Stephen King."

Turns out, he is Stephen King's son.
If you haven't read Heart-Shaped Box. It's one of my favorite novels, period.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Making a Murderer on Netflix kept me binge watching till 4 am. It has to be one of the best true crime docs in history.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Making a Murderer on Netflix kept me binge watching till 4 am. It has to be one of the best true crime docs in history.
I was thinking about starting that show. I believe now I will.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah stellar. I watched the first 5 episodes in a row one night and then suddenly realized it was morning time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...the show is great and you can see how the legal system picked their battle with an intellectually inept family.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah...the show is great and you can see how the legal system picked their battle with an intellectually inept family.
It's really sad. Especially when you see the impact of people who have money and those who don't when it comes to fighting a criminal case.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's really sad. Especially when you see the impact of people who have money and those who don't when it comes to fighting a criminal case.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Like all great documentaries, it is a great balance of thought-provoking issues and dramatic twists.

When the lawyers uncover the old blood sample test tube with the needle mark in the lid, I think I said "holy shit" aloud. I had to roll it back and re-watch to make sure I hadn't misunderstood what was going on.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah stellar. I watched the first 5 episodes in a row one night and then suddenly realized it was morning time.
I got so hooked on that thing during Christmas. My wife rarely ever gets pissed at anything I do. Buuuut binge watching that show on Christmas day may have been a bit much. :unsure

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Like all great documentaries, it is a great balance of thought-provoking issues and dramatic twists.

When the lawyers uncover the old blood sample test tube with the needle mark in the lid, I think I said "holy shit" aloud. I had to roll it back and re-watch to make sure I hadn't misunderstood what was going on.
Yup. No doubt.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Great documentary...I go back and watch Paradise Lots...about the West Memphis 3.

Cotton

Staff member
Props to [MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION]. Binged out 6 episodes of Making a Murderer last night. Holy crap, it's well done. Will finish it today.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
After all the comments about "Making a Murderer", I watched it. Did anyone else get a crappy feeling after watching it?

Cotton

Staff member
After all the comments about "Making a Murderer", I watched it. Did anyone else get a crappy feeling after watching it?
Sick to the stomach. It was very effective.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I finally watched Fargo season 2.

It's just amazing the depth of great actors they had on this show, but I wonder if it did the overall story line a disservice because you kind of wanted more screentime with certain characters.

For example I wanted to see more of Karl, Dod and Floyd.

Overall it was great TV but I thought it was a little slow in parts, not as much tension as the 1st season.

Bokeem knocked it out of the park, I was surprised he was so front and center but that made his conclusion even worse, poor Mike.:lol

Patrick Wilson did a hell of a job not my favorite but I thought he did the most with his material.

Did anybody else catch who Hamzee became and the importance of that last scene?

Last edited:
Top Bottom