Video Game Chatter

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
?? They must have changed the price. $350 for the Drake Bundle isn't that great a deal
It was 279.99

When I posted it, they had sold 68% of the stock for that price. Maybe they sold all the ones they were prepared to sale at that price?

Bedt Buy has the same bundle at 299.99, so that's not bad.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

Have you had a chance to play Walker Assault mode yet? IMO, it's the best mode in the game because it's the one that most captures the Star Wars universe.

Anyway, in any game mode you play there are perks that you can pick up around the map. Some of them grant you stuff like shields or bombs, others grant you the ability to get into a vehicle. Today I picked up the rare perk of getting into the giant AT-AT Walker.

It was comical how easy it was to annihilate the enemy. :lol

D

Deuce

@Deuce

Have you had a chance to play Walker Assault mode yet? IMO, it's the best mode in the game because it's the one that most captures the Star Wars universe.

Anyway, in any game mode you play there are perks that you can pick up around the map. Some of them grant you stuff like shields or bombs, others grant you the ability to get into a vehicle. Today I picked up the rare perk of getting into the giant AT-AT Walker.

That was sweet. I haven't reached any vehicles yet in online play. But I've done them all in the missions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

Looks kind of boring I must say.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Been playing Until Dawn most of the morning. Pretty cool.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Been playing Until Dawn most of the morning. Pretty cool.
I've been wanting to play that.

It's supposed to be a nice throwback to 80's horror movies. The decision-making aspect of it is supposed to provide a bunch of different endings.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I've been wanting to play that.

It's supposed to be a nice throwback to 80's horror movies. The decision-making aspect of it is supposed to provide a bunch of different endings.
Yeah, it finished it late last night and it is clear that there are multiple ways you can finish.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Anyone getting The Show this year?

I'm tempted.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Saw that, and I almost yanked it clean off.

Need a re-release of the original too because it was an all timer. PC if possible.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
'Madden' rookie ratings: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott will destroy worlds

By Will Brinson | NFL Writer

May 2, 2016 3:49 pm ET

The 2016 NFL Draft class is complete. Teams are signing undrafted free agents, starting the roster churn and we've turned the corner and are in the months-long stretch where we just bite our fingernails and pray for football to start.

Fortunately there's some virtual football to focus on as people begin to wonder about their favorite team's offseason acqusitions.

Namely, a bunch of first-round rookies who everyone hopes will make an impact. EA Sports has offered up a first glimpse at the ratings for those rookies through the Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) and we took a look at a few below.

We also have an idea how some guys will look in their new uniforms (see Elliott below and the rest of them right here).

First up are the quarterbacks. Jared Goff of the Rams (93 Throw Power, 91 Throw Accuracy Deep, 89 Throw Accuracy Medium, 92 Throw Accuracy Short) has the edge over Carson Wentz of the Eagles (93 Throw Power, 87 Throw Accuracy Deep, 89 Throw Accuracy Medium, 91 Throw Accuracy Short), although Wentz is faster (83 versus 80) and better at play action.

Joey Bosa of the Chargers has an impressive 92 power move and 91 acceleration.

The crown jewel of this class from an offensive standpoint, Ezekiel Elliott of the Dallas Cowboys, is an 84 overall with 93 Speed, 94 Agility, 95 Acceleration, 90 Carrying, 87 Trucking and 84 Ball Carrier Vision. Madden thinks Zeke is going to make a huge impact (and the video game company is correct).

Ronnie Stanley of the Ravens already has an 89 Pass Block and 91 Run Block rating, although Laremy Tunsil's 92 Pass Block and 90 Run Block beats him. Stanley's 78 Awareness is higher than Tunsil's, which is just a gas-mask bong emoji.

Here are the top five guys drafted:

1. Jared Goff, QB, Rams: 84 overall
2. Carson Wentz, QB, Eagles: 84 overall
3. Joey Bosa, DE, Chargers: 83 overall
4. Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Cowboys: 84 overall
5. Jalen Ramsey, DB, Jaguars: 84 overall

And here are some other notable offensive skill guys (because Madden):

15. Corey Coleman, WR, Browns: 82 overall (96 speed, 96 agility)
21. Will Fuller, WR, Texans: 80 overall (96 speed, 95 agility)
22. Josh Doctson, WR, Redskins: 80 overall (92 speed, 94 agility)
23. LaQuan Treadwell, WR, Vikings: 80 overall (88 speed, 92 agility)
26. Paxton Lynch, QB, Broncos: 79 overall (74 speed, 79 agility)

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
93 spd huh? Seems a bit high for him, but I'll gladly take it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION]

How are you liking Uncharted so far? I'm on chapter 9.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pretty great. Not sure I like it better than Uncharted 2, which is the best of the series IMO, but it's certainly doing the series justice. I'm on Ch 17.

Texas Ace
I finished the game over the weekend.

Very good game with an excellent closure to the series. It's a shame there won't be more Uncharted games, but I'm good with how the Drake story ends.

Well done, Naughty dog.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Very good game with an excellent closure to the series. It's a shame there won't be more Uncharted games, but I'm good with how the Drake story ends.

Well done, Naughty dog.
I'll be finally jumping to the PS4 in July after I return from my late June Universal/Disney vacation.

I've got my eye on the bundle with the Uncharted collection. I enjoyed Uncharted 3 on PS3. Does the 4th one tie directly into the 3rd? I've only played the 3rd installment so I don't know how connected the games are to one another.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'll be finally jumping to the PS4 in July after I return from my late June Universal/Disney vacation.

I've got my eye on the bundle with the Uncharted collection. I enjoyed Uncharted 3 on PS3. Does the 4th one tie directly into the 3rd? I've only played the 3rd installment so I don't know how connected the games are to one another.
Yup, they all tie into one another.

Uncharted has one of the best stories and some of the best acting you'll ever see in a video game. Heck, it's better than some stuff you see on TV.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Well done, Naughty dog.
Uncharted 4 ending spoiler discussion:

So why the hell couldn't Nate just use his newly purchased salvage company to go back and get the $400 million treasure that he now knows the location of and is completely unguarded and booby-trap free since he already disarmed them all? The ship burned and sank, BFD???

If you are gonna say "Well he realized it's not about the treasure and he values his life with Elena more" ... ok... but at least have Sam go back and get it. That is fitting repayment for Sam to get the money while Nate gets the girl, as Sam spent 15 years of his life in prison over that treasure and it was always his idea to begin with. Plus he could split it with Sully and everyone would have been happy. Don't get that ending at all.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It may have already been mentioned, but is anyone going to get No Man's Sky? It looks freakin' badass. I'm thinking about getting it when it comes out.

Top Bottom