2016 Mock Drafts

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I know it's way early for this, but the prospect of a top 5 pick has me excited after this waste of a season. Looking through some of the mocks, I love Draft Tek's mock. first tree rounds stack up like this.

1. Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
2. Derrick Henry RB Bama
3. De'Runnya Wilson WR Miss St

Thoughts and other mocks you like?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I know it's way early for this, but the prospect of a top 5 pick has me excited after this waste of a season. Looking through some of the mocks, I love Draft Tek's mock. first tree rounds stack up like this.

1. Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
2. Derrick Henry RB Bama
3. De'Runnya Wilson WR Miss St

Thoughts and other mocks you like?
First two would be ideal. I'd especially love to get Henry in the second, but I doubt it. I think Henry will go to a playoff team in the late first or very top of 2nd. I'd be surprised if he lasted til our pick. I also think Lynch goes to Browns in first, at least I think the Browns will take top QB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well we do pick at the top of the second.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Well we do pick at the top of the second.
Not the very top. The mocks I've seen that have Henry going in the second have him being selected anywhere from 1-3 picks ahead of us. But I think a playoff team like Denver will end up taking him near the bottom of the 1st.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
First two would be ideal. I'd especially love to get Henry in the second, but I doubt it. I think Henry will go to a playoff team in the late first or very top of 2nd. I'd be surprised if he lasted til our pick. I also think Lynch goes to Browns in first, at least I think the Browns will take top QB.
We will be near the very top of the second

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Reports I had seen list him as a second rounder and not the top RB in this draft.
Yeah, Elliot is the top RB in the draft. Henry has consistently been mocked late in the first or in the first few picks of the second round ahead of us.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Elliot is the top RB in the draft. Henry has consistently been mocked late in the first or in the first few picks of the second round ahead of us.
We could be picking top 3 when it's said and done.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We could be picking top 3 when it's said and done.
This is true. We also could be picking 8th or 9th.

But as of right now most mocks have Henry going ahead of where we are slated to pick, either in the late first or namely to Tenn with the 2nd pick in round 2. It's still early though and he could end up being available when we pick, it's just not viewed that he will be at this time.

But as of right now most mocks have Henry going ahead of where we are slated to pick, either in the late first or namely to Tenn with the 2nd pick in round 2. It's still early though and he could end up being available when we pick, it's just not viewed that he will be at this time.
I don't care what order they are picked in, I would pick Henry in the first then Wentz with our second pick. The other rounds can be for CB and DL. Just like 2014 a good running game will mask deficiencies in the defense. #1 priority is RB and QB. I doubt they will pick this high again for a while, and Romo maybe has two years left, and I don't mean full years.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't care what order they are picked in, I would pick Henry in the first then Wentz with our second pick. The other rounds can be for CB and DL. Just like 2014 a good running game will mask deficiencies in the defense. #1 priority is RB and QB. I doubt they will pick this high again for a while, and Romo maybe has two years left, and I don't mean full years.
Henry as a top ten pick?

Um...Ok.:unsure

I really don't see where it matters if its in the first or second. I don't understand all the value stuff, all I know is if you need someone and they are available and can help your team then take them. I never claimed to be a draft guru, Jerry just needs to make picks needed to make the team better and not get cute!!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

What other mocks are you looking at? Just curious which ones you are talking about and where they see players going. Obviously the particular mock that started this didn't see Henry gone at our pick.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The latest Walterfootball mock has our first 3 rounds as Myles Jack,Carson Wentz, and Alex Collins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The latest Walterfootball mock has our first 3 rounds as Myles Jack,Carson Wentz, and Alex Collins.
Too bad those on that site are never accurate. I could deal with that draft.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I also think WR is a bigger priority than RB. I'd totally be on board with a top 10 WR.

Top Bottom