NFL suspends Odell Beckham one game

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL suspends Odell Beckham one game

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 21, 2015, 4:00 PM EST

Giants receiver Odell Beckham practically begged the NFL to suspend him with his actions on the field in Sunday’s loss to the Panthers, and the NFL has obliged.

The league announced this afternoon that Beckham has been suspended one game for his repeated personal fouls against the Panthers on Sunday.

Beckham and Panthers cornerback Josh Norman were jawing, pushing and shoving for much of the game, but Beckham took it further than that when he lowered his helmet and delivered a shot into the head of Norman. With the NFL’s emphasis on protecting players from brain injuries, there’s not much way the NFL could justify failing to suspend Beckham for that.

The suspension for Sunday night’s game against the Vikings will be without pay, and Beckham has the right to appeal.

------------

Good.

Eff him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He deserves every bit of it from what I can tell.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They both should have been tossed. Norman instigated the play with the cheap shot with a shot to the middle of the back. They were both bad all game long and Im sure I wouldnt have wanted to hear either micced up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They both should have been tossed. Norman instigated the play with the cheap shot with a shot to the middle of the back. They were both bad all game long and Im sure I wouldnt have wanted to hear either micced up.
Beckham took it a step beyond being chippy though.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Good. He deserves to be suspended with his douche bag play.

Rev

Staff member
Beckham took it a step beyond being chippy though.
I agree with the suspension but both should have been tossed from the game. They were going after each other from the start and it always takes two.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree with the suspension but both should have been tossed from the game. They were going after each other from the start and it always takes two.
The fact the refs couldn't control things is besides the point.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This sucks. So much for the Giants winning the division. Gotta pray for the Redskins now I guess.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This sucks. So much for the Giants winning the division. Gotta pray for the Redskins now I guess.
After watching that guy preen around yesterday, I don't want the Giants to win it.

If that means the Redskins so be it.

I am tired of fucking hearing about Beckham and his ~gasp~ one-handed catches.

Rev

Staff member
Not always. Sometimes you just have assholes like Ndamukong Suh and Albert Haynesworth.
Thats true. I forgot about them assholes but Norman is not a choir boy. Just think the refs should have tossed them both after seeing what was going on after awhile.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It was disgusting last night on MNF how Dilfer and Ray Lewis were pleading for people not to judge him too harshly "because lots of really good kids make bad decisions."

Give me a break.

It was almost as lame as Beckham's excuse about the Panthers calling him the f word and his feeling threatened by a baseball bat.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was disgusting last night on MNF how Dilfer and Ray Lewis were pleading for people not to judge him too harshly "because lots of really good kids make bad decisions."

Give me a break.

It was almost as lame as Beckham's excuse about the Panthers calling him the f word and his feeling threatened by a baseball bat.
His notoriety from the one handed catch has made him feel that he is above the rules. His helmet size didn't keep pace with his expanding head.

Top Bottom