Giants owner: 'I'd love to play the Cowboys again'

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Giants owner: 'I'd love to play the Cowboys again'

By Joe Giglio | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

on December 28, 2016 at 2:51 PM, updated December 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Be careful what you wish for?

If the*Giants can get past a first-round playoff battle against a tough opponent, the toughest NFC test may await: A trip to Dallas to take on the No. 1 seed Cowboys.

While New York has beat Dallas in both head-to-head battles this season--doubling as the only two losses the Cowboys have suffered all season--the NFC East winners would be the favorites in a third match-up. Despite examples of teams winning three games over one opponent in a single season ('99 Titans over Jaguars on the road to the Super Bowl), it's not an easy task.

Yet the challenge of beating quarterback Dak Prescott, running back Ezekiel Elliott and a dominant offensive line doesn't seem to faze Giants owner Steve Tisch.
In a conversation with the New York Post,*Tisch sounded steadfast in his belief in another victory over Dallas.

"I'd love to play the Cowboys again," Tisch said, "and I can't speak for Jerry Jones, but my guess is, that's a game he would hopefully not be looking forward to."

As we look ahead to possible playoff games for the Giants, it's easy to project a Giants-Cowboys game during Divisional Weekend--but it's far from a lock. First, New York would have to take care of its business. But even that wouldn't put the highly-anticipated Round 3 into motion.

As the No. 5 seed, the Giants would be at the mercy of the outcome of the NFC's No. 3 vs. No. 6 game on Wild Card weekend. If the game held true to form (a victory by the better seed), a Giants win would indeed send them to Dallas for the game. If the No. 6 seed (possibly the Washington Redskins), pulled off an upset, Giants-Cowboys III would have to wait until a possible NFC Championship Game.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Dallas first game here was Dak and Zeke's first. The last game was a bad game for both in not great conditions. If they were to play them again here, it would be nearly as bad as the Detroit game. F the Gints.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Dallas first game here was Dak and Zeke's first. The last game was a bad game for both in not great conditions. If they were to play them again here, it would be nearly as bad as the Detroit game. F the Gints.
Yeah they won both games by a combined 4 points. I like our chances.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If Green Bay stays in the 4th slot I'm confident they'll beat NY again.....but a little more soundly this time around. So poor Tisch probably won't get his wish.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Green Bay stays in the 4th slot I'm confident they'll beat NY again.....but a little more soundly this time around. So poor Tisch probably won't get his wish.
If it's not Green Bay it'll be Seattle.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would love to play Seattle. They scare me the least of the playoff teams. We are a terrible matchup for them.
Agreed.

Will be tough if they have to play in Atlanta though, they struggle big time on the road.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed.

Will be tough if they have to play in Atlanta though, they struggle big time on the road.
Atlanta is probably the team that scares me the most. If Julio Jones is right physically I'm not sure we will have a good answer for stopping him. I know we have done a good job this season at limiting elite NFL WR's for the really big and really fast guys still scare the shit out of me. We have historically done such a poor job at stopping guys like that. On a positive note I don't think we would face them until the NFC championship and at that point maybe Claiborne will be 100% and back into his normal groove. If we try to shadow the guy with Carr it will end very badly.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Atlanta is probably the team that scares me the most. If Julio Jones is right physically I'm not sure we will have a good answer for stopping him. I know we have done a good job this season at limiting elite NFL WR's for the really big and really fast guys still scare the shit out of me. We have historically done such a poor job at stopping guys like that. On a positive note I don't think we would face them until the NFC championship and at that point maybe Claiborne will be 100% and back into his normal groove. If we try to shadow the guy with Carr it will end very badly.
The only counter to Jones is to shut down the QB with a constant pressure attack and I'm not sure Dallas can sustain a constant pass rush.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only counter to Jones is to shut down the QB with a constant pressure attack and I'm not sure Dallas can sustain a constant pass rush.
We are actually extremely effective when we do blitz. The problem is we tend to go ultra conservative with the pass rush against the best passing teams. Against Washington is was like constant 3 man rushes. I'm a little concerned we would do that with the Falcons. Julio would have no problem picking us apart under those circumstances.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm actually hoping for us to see the Giants again.
Same here. I think we'd give them all they could handle, hopefully thrash the living shit out of them.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Atlanta has a Super Bowl winning offense. So do we.

Matchup wise they can't stop us and we can't stop them.

Both teams are balanced, and ATT Stadium features perfect passing conditions.

That's going to be a battle of wills.

townsend

Banned
Atlanta has a Super Bowl winning offense. So do we.

Matchup wise they can't stop us and we can't stop them.

Both teams are balanced, and ATT Stadium features perfect passing conditions.

That's going to be a battle of wills.
It depends which defense shows up. The one that gave the bucs and lions fits could probably contain the falcons, especially if Claiborne's there too.

Otherwise it might end up looking like the Pittsburg game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It depends which defense shows up. The one that gave the bucs and lions fits could probably contain the falcons, especially if Claiborne's there too.

Otherwise it might end up looking like the Pittsburg game.
I appreciate the way our defense stepped up, but the Falcons offense is a lot better than either Tampa's or Detroit's.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I appreciate the way our defense stepped up, but the Falcons offense is a lot better than either Tampa's or Detroit's.
But not better than the Skins. Seems we met that challenge.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
But not better than the Skins. Seems we met that challenge.
The Falcons offense is better, namely because the Skins running game is shit while the Falcons have a very strong running game with two good backs. The Skins provide a different type of challenge because they have a deep group of WR's and can attack your depth, but of course Jones is better than any target the Skins have when he's healthy.

Atlanta won't get to the NFCC. They have Matt Ryan who is as bad of a playoff QB there is. His record in the playoffs is horrible. They will lose the first round.

Top Bottom