Gameday Chatter Thread | Bears at Cowboys | Week 3 | 09-25-16

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah and I'd give him a break on the one holding penalty. It was sort of a result of Dak improvising and getting outside of the pocket. It's hard as an offensive lineman to adjust when you are trying to protect a QB in one spot and then suddenly he is in a totally different spot on the field. A mistake but one that sort of happens a lot in the NFL.
The fact that we can be down 2 starters on the o-line and still put up 31 points has to be looked at as a positive.

Jiggyfly

Banned
A depleted Bears team.
Yeah like the Cowboys were fully healthy themselves.

And it's not like we started a rookie qb............oh wait.

Maybe I forgot, are we coming off a Superbowl season or something?.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
A Bears run defense that had been very good through 2 games.

Eagles averaged 3.1 ypc against the Bears. Houston averaged 3.7 ypc.
Goldman being out really hurt their ability to stop the run. Still, Zeke was averaging over 5 YPC for most of the game until we started just pounding him into the middle of the line to run out the clock.

data

Forbes #1
Goldman being out really hurt their ability to stop the run. Still, Zeke was averaging over 5 YPC for most of the game until we started just pounding him into the middle of the line to run out the clock.
When a running back goes 4.7 YPC, usually there's a long run there to inflate the YPC.

Zeke only had two runs over 15 yards - 18 and 21. That's a good consistently productive running attack.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Michael Irvin is on ESPN now? Is this permanent and what happened with NFLN?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have to give the Broncos credit for what they are doing. Kubiak deserves credit, but Elway put this team and coaching staff together. I could see them being successful for years...they have a system...and they have enough youth to maintain for a bit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When a running back goes 4.7 YPC, usually there's a long run there to inflate the YPC.

Zeke only had two runs over 15 yards - 18 and 21. That's a good consistently productive running attack.
Yeah his consistency was excellent. It was like 4 or 5 yards on every single run.

data

Forbes #1
I have to give the Broncos credit for what they are doing. Kubiak deserves credit, but Elway put this team and coaching staff together. I could see them being successful for years...they have a system...and they have enough youth to maintain for a bit.
...and Elway fired John Fox after a 12-4 season to bring Kubiak in to get them over the hump.

Imagine that.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So Greg Hardy got arrested for drugs...he would be cheap now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So what should we have hung 50 on them and rushed for 300 total yards?

I mean people forget we are not exactly at full strength as well.
You have it backwards. Not that we should have done more, but rather we might do less against a higher quality opponent if we continue to operate down two starters on the offensive line.

We did great last night. But that always has to be filtered through the lens of the opponent.

Top Bottom