Week 15 Chatter Thread | Dallas Cowboys v. Buffalo Bills | 12/26/2015

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This is exactly the situation. 4th or 8th. In either case Bosa will be gone. Difference between Lynch/Goff or maybe Laquon Treadwell.

Big picture or no, I can't root for Dallas to lose to Washington.

The 4th pick is a nice consolation if they do lose, but the looks around here on all the idiot Washington fans faces would piss me the Hell off.
You are going to get it regardless since they clinched. Might as well go all in.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No one knows what the draft position will do positively or negatively. Chances are that the pick will be someone no one is happy with anyway. Count how many drafts you have been happy with the last 15 years. Chances are you will only need one hand to total it. That exercise is a grab bag for the most part. Dallas has had some okay picks and a few good ones. There has been more consternation about wasted picks and wrongly valued candidates than Carter has pills so I don't care if it's 3, 4, 5, 6 or even other than that. I want to win and let the chips fall where they will.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This last game is for Garrett's benefit as I'm sure Jerry Jones could care less and wants to finish 4-12 at this point.

Garrett needs a win, period, any way he can get it so since he's not going to be fired and really hasn't lost the team I don't see why they shouldn't go out there and win. Allowing professionals to practice, prepare all in an effort to lose is alien and IMO would lose the respect of a lot of players and potential free agents.

BTW, had Dallas lost in the 2010 season finale vs Philly they probably draft 6th instead of 9th in 2011 and they might not have drafted Tyron Smith.

Having just drafted Dez they pass on Julio Jones and probably either take Aldon Smith or maybe stick with Tyron.

Or maybe Dallas instead of Cleveland makes the trade down with Atlanta for two 1st round picks, a 2nd, and two 4th round picks. With the 2011 27th pick, they probably take Mark Ingram.

I think they did fine enough with Tyron over Ingram and definitely over Aldon Smith. With Ingram, I think they pass on DeMarco Murray.

In 1987 they won the final two games of the season to finish 7-8. They drafted Michael Irvin 11th in 1988. Had they drafted 6th, one slot ahead of the Raiders, they probably get Tim Brown, Sterling Sharpe, or maybe take Irvin anyway. One might call that a wash-- I wouldn't. I take Irvin over Brown 10 times out of ten. Sterling was a monster, though, but I don't know of Brandt/Landry pull that trigger.

Seems like they ended up fine.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching the Bengals/Broncos game to see A.J. McCarron humiliated.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well fuck. A.J. just told me to go piss off.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Broncos on verge of epic collapse. If they lose it'll be 3 in a row and would have to win next week just to make the playoffs. If not, they let Pittsburgh back in.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Broncos on verge of epic collapse. If they lose it'll be 3 in a row and would have to win next week just to make the playoffs. If not, they let Pittsburgh back in.
Yeah, they are staggering.

I mean who the fuck let's AJ McCarron beat them?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate to give McCarron credit, but damn. He is doing well.

Fuckin' douche.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate to say this, but I wish he were a douche here. :sad

It is sad how pathetic we have become with the backup QB situation.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well, at least he is a Bengal and will continue to be one.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not really that concerned whether we pick 4th, 6th, 8th or whatever. I won't be rooting for us to lose but I also won't be enthused with a win at all, I'll just passively watch and see what happens.

Sure, I want to pick higher than not, but if we don't go QB taking a guy like Smith or Jack at 7 instead of 3 or 4 would take some of the sting out of it. I also think Wentz may rocket up draft boards depending on the Senior Bowl so we could still be in a position to go QB at the back end of the top 10.

What we would really be missing out on at 8 as opposed to 4 would be the trade down potential (which is overexaggerated honestly, how many teams have been able to reap a significant bounty via a trade down in the top 5-10 in the past 10 years?) and the fact that we would more or less be guaranteed a shot at a QB, although I don't think it's a 100% given lock that both guys are gone in the top 5, one of them could be there at 6 or 7, were we to drop that far.

Top Bottom