2017 Coaching Hirings/Firings

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Mike Rodak
ESPN Staff Writer

Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan have been fired by the Bills. Anthony Lynn will serve as interim coach.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mike Rodak
ESPN Staff Writer

Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan have been fired by the Bills. Anthony Lynn will serve as interim coach.
I always get the two mixed up but do you think the DC Ryan will even get another DC?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always get the two mixed up but do you think the DC Ryan will even get another DC?
I doubt it, at least not right now. What is most likely is that Rex will catch on as a defensive coordinator somewhere and he may hire Rob as a position coach. Personally I think the Bills are idiots for this move. I'm not a Rex Ryan fan but that team did all they could with the talent they were given and the injuries. To me you have to give a coach more then 2 years unless the team is headed in the wrong direction. Instead the Bills have sort of been spinning their tires in that almost playoff area. They just need more talent in my opinion.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I doubt it, at least not right now. What is most likely is that Rex will catch on as a defensive coordinator somewhere and he may hire Rob as a position coach. Personally I think the Bills are idiots for this move. I'm not a Rex Ryan fan but that team did all they could with the talent they were given and the injuries. To me you have to give a coach more then 2 years unless the team is headed in the wrong direction. Instead the Bills have sort of been spinning their tires in that almost playoff area. They just need more talent in my opinion.
Agreed. Unless there were some personality clashes or philosophical differences I don't understand making the move after only 2 years on the job.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
I'm reading that there was a power struggle between Rex, and the GM, who wanted to play EJ Manuel over Tyrod Taylor. The Bills are idiots for siding with the retarded GM if that's the case.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm reading that there was a power struggle between Rex, and the GM, who wanted to play EJ Manuel over Tyrod Taylor. The Bills are idiots for siding with the retarded GM if that's the case.
Yeah I guess that makes sense. Manuel is going to start their next game for fear of an injury to Taylor that would force his contract to become guaranteed.

Which also tells me Taylor may not be in the Bills future plans. Manuel is garbage though.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Anthony Lynn takes over as the temp HC for the bills

Raider!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Tom Coughlin interviewing with Jaguars*Wednesday
Posted by Josh Alper on December 28, 2016, 3:53 PM EST

Word over the weekend was that Tom Coughlin would talk to the Jaguars about their head coaching vacancy this week and it looks like Wednesday is the day for that conversation.
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Coughlin is interviewing with the Jaguars about a second stint in Jacksonville. Coughlin was the first head coach in franchise history and coached them team from 1995 to 2002.
It didn’t take him long to get the team deep into the playoffs as they advanced to the AFC title game in his second season. They advanced to the postseason in each of the next three seasons and again went to the conference championship game in 1999.
The Jags haven’t had anything close to that kind of success since Coughlin was fired. That would make a return engagement work from a purely nostalgic aspect, but Coughlin’s demanding style may also be appealing after the Jaguars came into this year with expectations of a big step forward before watching them go unfulfilled under Gus Bradley.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Looks like Chip Kelly will be one and done in San Francisco according to ESPN sources. They are canning their GM as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Chip Kelly will be one and done in San Francisco according to ESPN sources. They are canning their GM as well.
I would have never hired Kelly in the first place but giving a guy one season is just stupid.

1bigfan13

Staff member
So I guess this means the Kelly firing is probably true as well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
49ers and Jags request an interview with McDaniels.

Jags to interview Kyle Shanahan.

Payton a possibility for the Rams.

Cotton

Staff member
49ers Ask To Interview Chiefs’ Chris Ballard
January 2nd, 2017 at 8:21am

The 49ers’ general manager search is underway and it sounds like Chris Ballard is a priority candidate. The Niners have reached out to the Chiefs for permission to interview the exec, according to Tom Pelissero of USA Today (on Twitter). Chris Ballard (vertical)

It seems likely that the Chiefs will grant permission for the interview since Ballard has been a GM candidate for some time and was allowed to interview for the Titans job last offseason. Ultimately, that job went to Jon Robinson, partially because Ballard’s assessment of coach Mike Mularkey didn’t align with that of team ownership.

Ballard, who just completed his third season with Kansas City, has been an NFL personnel man for 16 years. This offseason, he could interview for multiple vacancies and this could be the year that he breaks out from John Dorsey‘s shadow.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom