User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spagnola: Sorry, But Salary Cap Precludes Putting A Steak On Every Place

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Yea, all the talent pretty much dried up before free agency even began. There are a few mid-level moves I would've liked to see us make just so we don't have to force our hands in the draft, but they were guys like Duron Harmon, DJ Swearinger, Alex Okafor, Captain Munnerlyn, Datone Jones, etc., not true difference-makers who would've moved the needle, just guys to plug holes.

If we nail the draft we should be fine, but we all know they're going to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a guy who won't contribute in 2018 like a bunch of gumps.
    Or drafting for position when there have been runs on it. Passing on a falling player because the need isn't as immediate or even taking that player could leave gapping holes. We got multiple positional problems and depth issues on the o line. How many picks can you hit on late?

is he analogizing guys like Church, Claiborne and Carr to "steak"? ground chuck at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post

I'm ready for the draft. Free agency has turned into an annual the sky is falling in here and so far it's worked out great for us.
    The post-coital glow of losing Lance Dunbar.

I agree. We lost JAGs (outside of Leary and Free) and will replace most with young guys of similar talent.

Overall Dallas is still loaded with talent.

I'm seriously questioning our ability to coach that talent deep into the playoffs. That's the Patriots' edge-- always has been.

I haven't read a Spagnola article in years and my life is immensely better as a result
    2015 DCC Fantasy Football League Champion

5. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by dallen View Post
    I haven't read a Spagnola article in years and my life is immensely better as a result
    Neither have I. I only click on the threads to get a kick out of the replies.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Neither have I. I only click on the threads to get a kick out of the replies.
    I only post to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I only post to get them.
    Weren't you the one that said a while back that posting Spagnola articles should be a bannable offense?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Weren't you the one that said a while back that posting Spagnola articles should be a bannable offense?
    I think everyone has said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I didn't even read the artile, but I would bet money his points are moot since you have a team like the Patriots who just won a Super Bowl and came into this offseason at $60 mill under the cap. There has been some terrible mismanagement of the cap by Stephen and Jerry. And, it is now catching up to us.
    Belichick and his staff, despite turnover over the years have always found players that suited their system, heralded or not, rejects, retreads, whatever. I don't know what light went on for Belichick because he sucked as a head coach at Cleveland but there's no denying he's done a good job in NE. Yeah, there were all the "gates" videogate, deflategate and so on but his teams always find a way to win, often with marginal players.

Definitely agree about poor cap management by the Jones family over the years though.