Week 15 Gameday Chatter | Buccaneers vs Cowboys | 12/18/2016

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Hopefully these notorious chokers get their act together today. I'm not too confident in our coaches ability to lift this team out of a funk but we'll see.

If things play out like I expect them to, we'll probably see Romo get the call to start next week against the Lions. I just don't see this coaching staff being creative enough to help Dak out of his funk.

That being said, I still take the Cowboys tonight. Only because we're at home.

Cowboys 19
Buccaneers 17

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Cowboys 24 Bucs 20

*If Dunbar is the 3rd down back flip the scores

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let's do this.

I think we jump on them early and winning running away. I could see us winning by 14+.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just saw it reported that over the last few weeks, Dak is 0-18 passing on 3rd and 4th down. Holy Christ. Didn't realize it was that bad.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Just saw it reported that over the last few weeks, Dak is 0-18 passing on 3rd and 4th down. Holy Christ. Didn't realize it was that bad.
I saw that overall we're just 18% on 3rd downs the last 3 weeks. Just abysmal.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
"Elite OL" pushed around by another good defense and sets Dak another step on the Retarder 2.0 trail.

Cowboys 13
Bucs 17

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Hopefully these notorious chokers get their act together today. I'm not too confident in our coaches ability to lift this team out of a funk but we'll see.

If things play out like I expect them to, we'll probably see Romo get the call to start next week against the Lions. I just don't see this coaching staff being creative enough to help Dak out of his funk.

That being said, I still take the Cowboys tonight. Only because we're at home.

Cowboys 19
Buccaneers 17
Hopefully being back at home will help. And we need to get back to what we were doing and be more productive on first and second down so we don't keep having 3rd and longs. Need to take what is available and not try to force things as well as being more focused and cutting out the unforced mistakes. But yeah, I don't really have much confidence in the coaching helping Dak out. But if we keep putting Dunbar out there on 3rd downs making it 10 against 11 then all bets are off.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It has caused me great discomfort.

Cotton

Staff member
The question is, ribeye or prime rib?

1bigfan13

Staff member
A lot has been made of the 3rd down struggles.....and rightfully so. But, IMO, the bigger issue is the 1st and 2nd down struggles.

The last couple of weeks it seems that our average 3rd down distance has been about 8 yards. Even Romo would have trouble sustaining drives under those conditions.

So to me the biggest issue that we need to fix is fixing our 1st and 2nd down issues so that we can stay ahead of the chains. Now some of those issues are on Dak as well. But the rest of the team shares the blame in this area of failure as well.

The stupid penalties, dropped passes, poor pass protection, poor play calling and coaching decisions, etc.

Get Dak into a lot of 3rd and 4 or less situations like earlier in the year and I'm willing to bet this offense will look great again.

Cotton

Staff member
You assholes didn't beat the waiter. I went with prime rib.

1bigfan13

Staff member
FYI......I'm putting together some buffalo wings, fries, and a local brewed hefeweizen for my gameday spread.

Yucatan Salad is being prepped for kickoff.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Jeff Fisher: "The Rams have much bigger goals in mind. I don't think it was ever in the cards for me to see the new stadium"

Bitch, STFU. Win some games and make the playoffs and you're still the coach. You had enough time. No one screwed you.

Cotton

Staff member
No Whataburger on gameday?
After this 12 oz steak I won't be hungry until after the game. Will probably go eat Whataburger then.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm going to the game tonight! Woot!

My plan is to beat the shit out of any fans cheering when our offense has the ball. Hate that shit.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm going to the game tonight! Woot!

My plan is to beat the shit out of any fans cheering when our offense has the ball. Hate that shit.
Have fun. Hopefully you get to witness something special in person.

Every Cowboys game I've been to has been lackluster. The Cowboys are 3-0 in those games but they've played average in all of them.

Last time was a 2011 MNF game against the Skins when all we could muster on offense was 6 FGs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Lions don't have many play makers on defense so it'll be up to Manning to have an off day for the Lions to win, IMO.

Top Bottom