Which coach would you hire if you could fire Jason Garrett?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sean Payton or Bill Cowher.
I think Cowher is done. And he wants control, including his own money guys. I could see the Giants going after him if he wants to get back in.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think Cowher is done. And he wants control, including his own money guys. I could see the Giants going after him if he wants to get back in.
I know. But the question was who do we want, not who do we think we'll get.

If I'm guessing who we'll end up with, I'll say Garrett.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Saban picked the wrong QB in free agency because the medical experts he had said Drew Brees' shoulder was done. I don't think he got over that misstep. Also, Pete Carroll's first pro stint wasn't memorable.
Or Bill Bilichick's

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
David Shaw is Harbaugh without the crazy.

I like it. Shaw was a position coach in the pros for about a decade so that offsets him being a college coach. Stanford is his alma mater though so I wonder if he's even interested in leaving.

Does anyone know which pro HCs he coached under?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I like it. Shaw was a position coach in the pros for about a decade so that offsets him being a college coach. Stanford is his alma mater though so I wonder if he's even interested in leaving.

Does anyone know which pro HCs he coached under?
Ray Rhodes, Jon Gruden, and Brian Billick

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not a big fan of Shaw. He is not every creative offensively and always has 1 or 2 games on the schedule that they lose, but shouldn't have lost.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not a big fan of Shaw. He is not every creative offensively and always has 1 or 2 games on the schedule that they lose, but shouldn't have lost.

That's fair. Although honestly, I don't care much about systems anyway, I prefer walk-around coaches.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Stoops?

Really?

What does he bring as a head coach, he is very coordinator dependent and is as much of a politician as Garrett.

He has had all of the talent in the world and has come up small in the big game more times than not, can somebody explain why Stoops should be considered a top NFL coaching candidate?
I agree. Stoops seems like a really lame idea. That isnt even an upgrade.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree. Stoops seems like a really lame idea. That isnt even an upgrade.
Stoops isn't prepared to Coach a pro team. He is good at what he does and should stick with that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think like Dantoni he gets the max from his talent and he has pro exp.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...tough road talent wise for him...Luck, McCaffrey, Hogan...you know, guys you never hear from.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah...tough road talent wise for him...Luck, McCaffrey, Hogan...you know, guys you never hear from.
Luck was a Harbaugh recruit and is the only 5-star recruit Stanford has had in 8 years.

Hogan was a 3-star recruit and over the last 3 years 3-star recruits have outnumbered 4-star recruits every year.

Stanford has had 1 top 10 recruiting class in 5 years.

Yeah the talent is great at Stanford.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I get what you're saying, but that's really true of every college coach, including Carroll.

shane

DCC 4Life
Yes, he has coached a lot of those players up at MSU too. Many of them haven't been top talents coming out of HS but they have really shined there. The team is just always so mentally tough, resilient and solid on defense too.

I'm an MSU grad so I'd hate to see him leave for the pros, but it would be a tremendous win for the Cowboys if they somehow got their hands on him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would back up a Brink 's truck for him as I have said repeatedly. He is good.

Thing is he is so far outside of Jerry's social circle, he would never come up in a million years.

He has very few NFL ties.

Top Bottom