Coach Firing/Hiring Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You think Henderson has been a good DB coach?

Oh yeah. This is one of those tough things you do, like you really are above giving a shit.
:lol

No, I don't think he's been a good coach, and I'm not above giving a shit, either. I'd like to see him go, too.

So, relax. I was taking a shot for you saying 'sorry' again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

No, I don't think he's been a good coach, and I'm not above giving a shit, either. I'd like to see him go, too.

So, relax. I was taking a shot for you saying 'sorry' again.
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I say "sorry" a lot. I know.

I am a people pleaser.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Reports: Tom Coughlin a candidate for Eagles head coach

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 9, 2016, 8:07 AM EST

Tom Coughlin said at his Giants farewell that he wasn’t done coaching. He may not even be leaving the NFC East.

Coughlin is expected to interview for the Eagles’ head-coaching vacancy, according to two reports.

Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports reports that the Giants are expecting Coughlin to speak to the Eagles, while FOX 5 in New York reported that the Eagles requested permission from the Giants to speak with Coughlin.

It is unclear whether the Giants would try to block Coughlin from going to the Eagles. Although it’s widely believed that Coughlin was nudged out by the Giants’ ownership, technically the parties termed his departure a resignation, not a firing. That’s important because a coach who is fired is free to look elsewhere, but a coach who resigns would need to get permission to get out of his contract.

Neither the Giants nor the Eagles has confirmed that Coughlin will interview, but with the Eagles wanting a coach who can right the ship after a disappointing 2015 season, and with Coughlin making clear that he’d consider another opportunity, this is a marriage that could work.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I can't imagine the eagles would hire a coach who they know will only be there 3 or so years.

I also think Coughlin is a bad fit there.He would help a team with a lot of pieces that's ready to win now. He'd be great in Dallas if we had an opening. The eagles have a lot of building to do.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
if Coughlin signs with the Eagles things are going to get reaaaalllll interesting

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I can't imagine the eagles would hire a coach who they know will only be there 3 or so years.

I also think Coughlin is a bad fit there.He would help a team with a lot of pieces that's ready to win now. He'd be great in Dallas if we had an opening. The eagles have a lot of building to do.
I also think Coughlin will have a tough time assembling a good staff, which he would definitely need.

Genghis Khan

The only way I could see it is if Coughlin came in with a guy like Spagnuolo who it was understood would take over when Coughlin was ready to step down. Lurie is looking for stability.

A scenario like that is a recipe for disaster though.

Genghis Khan

I also think Coughlin will have a tough time assembling a good staff, which he would definitely need.
I'm not so sure. Spagnuolo could go with him, and mcadoo too if he's not given a HC job somewhere. He'd have to act quickly though.

Unless the giants want to retain them? I guess that would be a problem then.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Dolphins hired Gase as their HC.

Genghis Khan

Looks like gase to the dolphins.

I think the eagles were very interested. :laff

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Looks like gase to the dolphins.

I think the eagles were very interested. :laff
I don't think that job is all that desirable. Who wants to be Lurie and Roseman's lackey? It will probably be Pedersen who will be gracious for the opportunity.

Genghis Khan

I don't think that job is all that desirable. Who wants to be Lurie and Roseman's lackey? It will probably be Pedersen who will be gracious for the opportunity.
I agree. Plus a questionable QB situation.

People knock the dolphins job cause of the owner, but I bet a lot of coaches feel they could win with tannehill. Plus great weather.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Giants and Eagles rosters just are not very talented.

Aside from Fletcher Cox, Odell Beckham, Jason Kelce and maybe Lane Johnson or Johnathan Hankins what blue chip players do either of these teams have that are 27-28 or younger?

Ereck Flowers is supposedly one of the Giants young building blocks at LT and we have a better player at LG who is our 3rd or 4th best OL overall.

The Dolphins don't have an outstanding roster either but I think it's generally a bit more talented than the Giants or Eagles and at least they have a relatively young QB who seems to have something to work with, as opposed to 35 year old Eli and whatever the hell the Eagles end up with at QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree. Plus a questionable QB situation.

People knock the dolphins job cause of the owner, but I bet a lot of coaches feel they could win with tannehill. Plus great weather.
But if Bradford can stay healthy he is elite or something. :lol

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Jerome Henderson is gone! Headed to Miami. Not sure if he is going as secondary coach or what. Don't really care. Just glad he is gone.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That's similar to what Kaep ran in college and he is a perfect fit for the system. It would probably be the best shot he has at reviving his career.
I remember when Tech played them/him. He almost beat us.

Top Bottom