TV Thread

D

Deuce

They abruptly dumped Carnivale without warning. And so far, they have said nothing about a season 3 for The Leftovers. The creators stated they wanted to avoid any cliffhangers so the fans wouldn't be upset if it was not renewed.
They probably wanted to wait and see how season 2 was received. Season 1 had source material they copied and had a good idea it would be successful. This season has been all the writers trying to build on the story.

It was great in parts but started to fade for me.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They probably wanted to wait and see how season 2 was received. Season 1 had source material they copied and had a good idea it would be successful. This season has been all the writers trying to build on the story.

What is the source material for The Leftovers?

Carp

DCC 4Life
They abruptly dumped Carnivale without warning. And so far, they have said nothing about a season 3 for The Leftovers. The creators stated they wanted to avoid any cliffhangers so the fans wouldn't be upset if it was not renewed.
Deadwood suffered the same fate as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I am picky and I had no issue with season 2. Don't ask me where they go from here, but it is still a good show with some unanswered questions.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
There are people outside the HBO offices dressed as the Guilty Remnant picketing for a third season.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am picky and I had no issue with season 2. Don't ask me where they go from here, but it is still a good show with some unanswered questions.
I have seen every episode except the season finale and I loved it. I thought it was an awesome show in the second season. I may have even liked it a little more then season one.

Again, I haven't seen the finale yet but unless it is a major disappointment I can't see how season 2 wasn't great.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have seen every episode except the season finale and I loved it. I thought it was an awesome show in the second season. I may have even liked it a little more then season one.

Again, I haven't seen the finale yet but unless it is a major disappointment I can't see how season 2 wasn't great.
Season two was decent, considering they had zero material to work from. The finale was okay but you could tell they were playing it safe.

dallen

Senior Tech
The Leftovers has been renewed for a 3rd season but it will be the last one.

D

Deuce

The Leftovers has been renewed for a 3rd season but it will be the last one.
I think that's a good call. The weirdness factor of this last season was much higher and I don't know how far they can take it before it is unwatchable.

dallen

Senior Tech
I think that's a good call. The weirdness factor of this last season was much higher and I don't know how far they can take it before it is unwatchable.
I haven't watched it yet, but I've heard good things - especially the 2nd season. I'll probably try to catch up on it now. For all the valid criticisms of Lindelof I still like the guy so I'm glad to see him getting a little credit.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Fargo’s Noah Hawley announces two more projects for FX
By William Hughes
Dec 10, 2015 6:34 PM

Having overcome the seemingly impossible task of alchemizing the Coen brothers’ 1996 masterpiece Fargo into two seasons of Emmy-winning, critically beloved TV gold, showrunner Noah Hawley is now pushing himself to complete even more feats of entertainment industry wizardry. As per a press release put out today by FX, Hawley has signed on as a producer for two more projects for the network in addition to his ongoing work on Fargo and his upcoming duties as a writer and producer on the network’s Kurt Vonnegut adaptation Cat’s Cradle and X-Men spinoff, Legion.

First up on Hawley’s increasingly packed plate: Hellhound On His Trail, about the 65-day manhunt for James Earl Ray, the man who shot Martin Luther King, Jr. Based on a book by Hampton Sides, the series will follow a team of investigators on their continent-spanning quest to find the man who shot the civil rights leader outside a motel in Memphis, Tennessee in April of 1968. The series is being written by True Blood’s Alex Woo, who will hopefully be able to resist the urge to slip some werepanthers into the story of the hunt for the convicted assassin.

On a less serious note, Hawley will also be producing The Hot Rock, an adaptation of Donald Westlake’s Dortmunder novels, whose bumbling, crime-prone protagonists wouldn’t be out of place hanging out in Minnesota with D-grade criminals like Fargo’s Lester Nygaard or Ed Blumquist. First adapted for the screen by Robert Redford back in 1972, the TV adaptation is being written by Entourage writing team Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi, who’ve also both penned episodes of Fargo (which will hopefully alleviate fears that any of Westlake’s classic characters will now find themselves describing non-currency entities as “money,” or associate themselves with anyone called Turtle).

All told, this is pretty ambitious slate of shows, so it’ll be interesting to see how Hawley—whose pre-Fargo production experience is mostly limited to a stint on Bones and work at the helm of short-lived stuff like ABC’s My Generation—will handle the additional pressures. FX president John Landgraf seems confident, in any case, reaffirming the network’s commitment to working with Hawley, as he apparently works to single-handedly push FX to the brink of Landgraf’s famous concept of “peak TV”.

Jiggyfly

Banned
AMC is adapting Joe Hill’s NOS4A2 for TV
By William Hughes
Dec 9, 2015 9:22 PM

Having apparently realized that this whole “horror television” thing is pretty damn good business, AMC has announced that it’s starting development on NOS4A2, an adaptation of Joe Hill’s novel about supernatural powers and the terrible prices they exact. The book—a delightfully nasty story about a troubled young woman leveraging her psychic gifts to put down a super-powered predator after he kidnaps her son—is Hill’s third novel, published in 2013.

Hill has been getting more and more involved with the TV and movie side of the entertainment industry in recent years; the film version of his novel Horns served as one of Daniel Radcliffe’s escape attempts from the living hell of being Harry Potter for the rest of his life, and his comic series Locke & Key is constantly threatening to finally get made. He also worked on a pilot earlier this year for a Tales From The Darkside remake on The CW, although he’s yet to have the truly terrible movie or TV adaptation that will finally allow him to fully bond with his father, novelist Stephen King, the mind behind such masterpieces as Maximum Overdrive and Dreamcatcher.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I agree as well. It is getting into the territory Lost wandered into a little bit. Still a good show, need to answer some dangling things and not get stupid like Lost did.

data

Forbes #1
Rewatching old X-Files episodes. Forgot how hot Gillian Anderson could be.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jessica Jones is pretty decent...I just wish Krysten Ritter wasn't so ugly.
Its those damn nostrils. You could drive a truck through those wind tunnels.

Top Bottom