Morris Claiborne confident of in-season return

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Morris Claiborne confident of in-season return

Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne has missed the last last five games with a torn groin.
Photo by Andrew Dieb/Icon Sportwire
1:40 PM CT
Todd Archer

comment
DALLAS -- Not only does Jerry Jones believe Morris Claiborne will return in the regular season, so does the Dallas Cowboys' cornerback.

Claiborne has missed the last five games because of a groin tear in which he said a piece of his pelvis broke. Claiborne said “as of now,” he does not need surgery, although he is awaiting another MRI to see how the injury has healed.

Claiborne is running straight ahead and doing some shuffling, but he has not been working on change of direction.

“I'm getting a lot better, feeling a lot better, rehab and everything is going good,” Claiborne said. “I’m doing more than I was expecting to be doing at this time. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be back on the field.”

Claiborne will not play Sunday against the New York Giants, but there is a possibility he could be back in one of the final three games.

Claiborne was having his best season before suffering a non-contact injury late in the Oct. 30 win against the Philadelphia Eagles. He was credited by the coaches with 36 tackles to go along with two tackles for loss, one interception, five pass deflections and a fumble recovery.

The Cowboys have started Orlando Scandrick and rookie Anthony Brown since losing Claiborne. Scandrick has been bothered recently by a foot injury, which is why Brown got the starting nod last week against the Minnesota Vikings, according to Jason Garrett.

“Whenever I come back, I’m going to come back as the same Mo as a I left, if that's the playoffs or before the season ends,” Claiborne said.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
That's good news.
I am hopeful. They could really use him because he was playing really well before the injury. But Jerry being optimistic about his chances means nothing. It is a good sign if he is truly doing more in practice now but I am more than a bit skeptical that he is going t be back at anywhere near 100% any time soon or that he will be able to stay on the field if he does return.

Top Bottom