Week 13 Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Redskins | 12/7/2015

Jiggyfly

Banned
The entire division has tough games left though. The Giants play Carolina and Minnesota. The eagles play buffalo and Arizona.

I'm of the mindset now that there's a good chance the division winner is 7-9.

And don't look now, but we currently have the best division record.
Yeah nobody has it easy but I can't see us winning more than 2 more games, the offense is just too hit or miss.

I can see the one of the other division teams playing a lot better down the stretch.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am real happy with the way the defense played. With very little help from the offense they played their asses off. Lawrence was excellent and Lee was about as good as I have ever seen him play. I also like that guys like Jack Crawford and David Irving seem to continue to get better. Towards the end they their tackling was not great, but for about 3 quarters they tackled the ball carrier right where they hit him...which is a big change for us.
Yeah, our tackling was really solid last night. It was refreshing to say the least.

Cotton

Staff member
Why would they tell him to kick a shitty, very returnable low trajectory kick a yard into the endzone after McFadden scored?
Good question.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not sure the coaching staff gave him that direction, if they did then sure, be mad at the guy...but I am not convinced he was given that direction.
Then they are stupid for not having done so, and it's no surprise at all really. But it's McFadden's job as a football professional to understand the f'ing game he plays. Even Cassel as the leader of the huddle should have said something.

DMac scored and was basically ejaculating all over himself, apparently completely unaware he did the one thing that actually gave Washington a chance.

Utter incompetence all around.

Brian Westbrook was smart enough to stop at the one. Peyton Manning made sure Knowshon Moreno did it. Ironically both times it was against us.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
To win the game.

You never take the guaranteed points off the board.
Of course you do, and it happens all the time. You take a FG off the board when the defense gives you a first down-- or at least 95% of the time you do it.

It's a professional player/coaching staff/QB's job to recognize the situation and understand the clock is Washington's enemy, not the difference of 4 points between a FG and TD.

What if there is a fumbled snap or block on the FG?
Seriously? Dan Bailey is 183/183 lifetime from that distance-- IOW 100%. On what planet do you give the opposing team a chance to tie with 1:14 and two timeouts because of the outside chance that something that has never happened in 183 tries will mysteriously happen?

I have no issue with scoring there, going down at the 1 is being way too cute.
How is winning the game being "cute"??

If he stops at the one, Washington's only chance to win is Dan Bailey missing an 18 yard FG try.

Instead we need late game heroics from Lucky Whitehead, Dez Bryant, and a 54 yard try from Bailey.

Jiggyfly

Banned
To win the game.

Of course you do, and it happens all the time. You take a FG off the board when the defense gives you a first down-- or at least 95% of the time you do it.

It's a professional player/coaching staff/QB's job to recognize the situation and understand the clock is Washington's enemy, not the difference of 4 points between a FG and TD.

Seriously? Dan Bailey is 183/183 lifetime from that distance-- IOW 100%. On what planet do you give the opposing team a chance to tie with 1:14 and two timeouts because of the outside chance that something that has never happened in 183 tries will mysteriously happen?

How is winning the game being "cute"??

If he stops at the one, Washington's only chance to win is Dan Bailey missing an 18 yard FG try.

Instead we need late game heroics from Lucky Whitehead, Dez Bryant, and a 54 yard try from Bailey.
So you want a guy who is fighting for 1st down to then look to the sideline and say ok I got it and then just fall down.

All of that is great if there are no other variables but on that particular play there was to much going on.

Anyway if you want to be outraged that's ok I just don't think it was terrible.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
McFadden did nothing wrong by scoring. That is the goal of the runner. How the rest of the game is played is up to the Coaches to determine. If they wanted to limit the scoring attempt then they should have made that clear before the series started.

townsend

Banned
I have not problem with the offense putting us in the lead and expecting the defense to hold off a TD like they had been doing all game. Forcing a shitty offense to drive down the field in waning minutes should be a high percentage gamble. If they had scored and won in overtime, the defense would have still been to blame. The same way they were to blame for the OT meltdowns against New Orleans and Philly.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It was 2nd and a yard to go from the 6 yard line. Get a yard or two and fall down, the game is over. Not hard for any pro back to recognize.

Professionals should recognize that, especially after the Brian Westbrook and Knowshon plays each happened against Dallas.

The tablets were down, not their headsets (or brains).

If fans on a blog can recognize this, why can't a team of professionals who do this for a living?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It was 2nd and a yard to go from the 6 yard line. Get a yard or two and fall down, the game is over. Not hard for any pro back to recognize.

Professionals should recognize that, especially after the Brian Westbrook and Knowshon plays each happened against Dallas.

If fans on a blog can recognize this, why can't a team of professionals who do this for a living?
In theory that sounds good but do you remember the prior attempts to score a TD? There is no guarantee you will be able to score.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Scoreboard.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
In theory that sounds good but do you remember the prior attempts to score a TD? There is no guarantee you will be able to score.
183/183 is as close to a guarantee of a score as it gets, right?

McFadden proved he was an idiot when he ran out of bounds. At that point Garrett should have been in Cassel's ear telling him to make sure DMac stayed in bounds, got the 1st, and didn't score.

Anyways, I'm convinced more than ever our team just doesn't play smart and under the current coach probably will never get there.

Parcells had scrubs like Zuriel Smith ready to play and anticipate almost any situation. He did that in spite of Jerry.

Wade and Garrett can't, it's that simple.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
183/183 is as close to a guarantee of a score as it gets, right?

McFadden proved he was an idiot when he ran out of bounds. At that point Garrett should have been in Cassel's ear telling him to make sure DMac stayed in bounds, got the 1st, and didn't score.

Anyways, I'm convinced more than ever our team just doesn't play smart and under the current coach probably will never get there.

Parcells had scrubs like Zuriel Smith ready to play and anticipate almost any situation. He did that in spite of Jerry.

Wade and Garrett can't, it's that simple.
Okay. I just see it as a talking point because It had no more a negative out come of the game than the prior turnovers inthe game. To me it was a play that yielded a score and the last thing on the players mind is to try to manipulate the strategy of the game. Give a running back the ball and tell him to run until he is across the goal line or under a pile of bodies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Scoreboard.
Okay. I just see it as a talking point because It had no more a negative out come of the game than the prior turnovers inthe game. To me it was a play that yielded a score and the last thing on the players mind is to try to manipulate the strategy of the game. Give a running back the ball and tell him to run until he is across the goal line or under a pile of bodies.
You're both right of course, the win is what matters most.

I just wish we played smarter.

Top Bottom