2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea Durkin is a good hire, if he can keep Locksley in the fold our recruiting should be top 25 in no time.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
[MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

Any rumors yet on who the new defensive assistants will be @ TTU? I'm guessing Gibbs will want some guys with a little more pro background since he's spent more time in the pros than in college. I've wondered since the Tubs era if we weren't hiring a bunch of recruiters who couldn't actually coach on that side of the ball; considering how bad tackling and fundamentals appear to be on defense, year in year out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[MENTION=19]skidadl[/MENTION] [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

Any rumors yet on who the new defensive assistants will be @ TTU? I'm guessing Gibbs will want some guys with a little more pro background since he's spent more time in the pros than in college. I've wondered since the Tubs era if we weren't hiring a bunch of recruiters who couldn't actually coach on that side of the ball; considering how bad tackling and fundamentals appear to be on defense, year in year out.
I haven't seen or heard anything yet, but I have heard that Gibbs knew who he wanted before he let Smith and Curtis go. But, I have no idea who it will be.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:budd

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Please let there be an acceptance speech.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Locksley is looking around. Speculation he may be headed to Texas since his son is there.
Yea, I already read that he's not going back to Maryland, they offered him a raise and a spot as a position coach, not OC. I can't blame either side really, and if he goes to Texas he will be out of a job in a year or two when Strong is eventually fired.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Big day in college football. I think the final 4 for the BCA playoff will be Alabama , Oklahoma, Michigan State and Stanford. I think NC May beat Clemson but still be on the outside looking in. Not the way I hope it goes but how I think it will go.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How the hell do we beat OU and get up 20 on Baylor but yet lose the other types of games we've lost?

I don't know if this is a positive or negative in regards to Strong's ability as a coach.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How the hell do we beat OU and get up 20 on Baylor but yet lose the other types of games we've lost?

I don't know if this is a positive or negative in regards to Strong's ability as a coach.
Baylor is down to their 4th string quarterback and he isn't much. He threw 3 picks to Baylor.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Going for it on fourth down there and letting Baylor back in the game should provide you your answer.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
In a year where they'll likely finish 5-7, Texas beats Oklahoma and Baylor.

How the hell does that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom