Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No wonder people hate Romo.

That was pretty damn stupid.

dallen

Senior Tech
Turning on Dez? Must be a hell season

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's play even if it were still broken.

townsend

Banned
I love Tony. If he had been traded to another team during his prime, that would have probably been my team until he retired. But WTF does broken ass Tony do for us? Are we looking forward to another dominant performance like he had on Thanksgiving? He should save his body, so he doesn't run the rest of the tread off of his tires.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Begs the question, do you insert rusty ass Tony Romo if you make the playoffs or ride the guy who probably had to pull a minor miracle out his ass to get you there?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Begs the question, do you insert rusty ass Tony Romo if you make the playoffs or ride the guy who probably had to pull a minor miracle out his ass to get you there?
His rusty ass won a game and he was doing ok until he got reinjured.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We only get there by attrition given how bad the division is-- so we're not talking a miracle level of play. We're talking four games and none of the teams we face are exactly red hot.

With average QB play, Dallas has a chance to win every one, even Green Bay and especially vs Washington.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
His rusty ass won a game and he was doing ok until he got reinjured.
He was picked off 3 times, including a pick 6, in that game against Carolina before he got hurt. That is an NFC playoff team and he looked terrible. And he didn't look great in that Miami game either. Also consider that he would have had another long layoff before the playoffs and would have played in a total 4 regular season games.

Doesn't matter because playoffs are not happening, but even if they did Romo would not be in a good position to lead his team to victory with so little practice/game time this season.

Last edited:

shoop

Semi-contributing member
He was picked off 3 times, including a pick 6, in that game against Carolina before he got hurt. That is an NFC playoff team and he looked terrible. And he didn't look great in that Miami game either. Also consider that he would have had another long layoff before the playoffs and would have played in a total 4 regular season games.

Doesn't matter because playoffs are not happening, but even if they did Romo would not be in a good position to lead his team to victory with so little practice/game time this season.
2 pick 6s

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
2 pick 6s
I think he has a serious problem with getting his back ready, especially with short weeks, at this point in his career.

His performance vs Carolina reminded me of the 2014 SF and home Philly games.

Maybe he hit some kind of Peyton Manning wall this season-- hard to tell.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Still was a better option than Cassel in my view. Cassel throws picks and loses until last night.

townsend

Banned
Still was a better option than Cassel in my view.
more or less. But Cassel isn't a guy the franchise is depending on recovering from his injuries. His very poor performance just shows how little reward we're getting for risking his health.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think he has a serious problem with getting his back ready, especially with short weeks, at this point in his career.

His performance vs Carolina reminded me of the 2014 SF and home Philly games.

Maybe he hit some kind of Peyton Manning wall this season-- hard to tell.
I don't think his back is bothering him now. I believe he has stated that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
more or less. But Cassel isn't a guy the franchise is depending on recovering from his injuries. His very poor performance just shows how little reward we're getting for risking his health.
In the unlikely event Dallas makes the playoffs, who had you rather have?

townsend

Banned
In the unlikely event Dallas makes the playoffs, who had you rather have?
At the moment Cassell. Because rusty broken Romo wouldn't give us enough of an advantage to be worth endangering him for 2016 and the rest of his career.

Also if we make the playoffs, it means Cassel's gone at least 4 for 5 at the end of the season, and we should dance with the won who brought us.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
At the moment Cassell. Because rusty broken Romo wouldn't give us enough of an advantage to be worth endangering him for 2016 and the rest of his career.

Also if we make the playoffs, it means Cassel's gone at least 4 for 5 at the end of the season, and we should dance with the won who brought us.
It would mean that if to rest of the division won most of their games. I don't think Cassel will get much better than what you see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom