2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
One other thing, I'm watching College Football Live this morning and they bring in the SEC Network crew to get their thoughts on Alabama and their chances in the playoffs. Well as expected they start slurping Alabama's defensive performance against Florida. Bragging about the yardage they held the Gators to, holding the Gators to seven 1st downs, etc.

:lol

C'mon man. You can't pat a team on the back for shutting down Florida's offense. It's akin to bragging about kicking Stephen Hawking's ass.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's an absolute fact that the college replay system is faster and better than the NFL's system.
Yeah, I don't think there is any arguing that.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
I wanted Bama but we owe Clemson an ass whooping as well.

Cotton

Staff member
I wanted Bama but we owe Clemson an ass whooping as well.
Yeah, after last year's bowl game embarrassment, I would guess you do.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Go Spartans!!

1bigfan13

Staff member
About to go 5 for 5 in 2015.

The early line has Oklahoma as a 2 1/2 point favorite.

D

Deuce

My condolences to the OU faithful. Watson is about to get in that ass...again.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
400 yards over/under Yards rushing by Fournette against Tech in the Texas Bowl?

1bigfan13

Staff member
My condolences to the OU faithful. Watson is about to get in that ass...again.

Oklahoma wins this one by 10.

As an aside, I love how the narrative by the national media is that Oklahoma has the worst loss of the 1 loss teams. Unless I'm missing something Michigan St. lost to 5-7 Nebraska. That's the exact same record that Texas has.

No big deal just something that I observed.

1bigfan13

Staff member
400 yards over/under Yards rushing by Fournette against Tech in the Texas Bowl?
If you guys put 8 in the box and just sell out to stop the run I don't think LSU's QB has the arm/brains to beat you passing. Gotta keep Fournette under 150 yards rushing though and keep them in 3rd and 5+ yard situations.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Oklahoma wins this one by 10.

As an aside, I love how the narrative by the national media is that Oklahoma has the worst loss of the 1 loss teams. Unless I'm missing something Michigan St. lost to 5-7 Nebraska. That's the exact same record that Texas has.

No big deal just something that I observed.
At this point why do you care?

Ok has its fate in its hands and getting to play what most consider the weakest team in the playoffs.

With that said I do think OK has the worst lost they got thumped while Mich State lost a shootout.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't like Oklahoma, but against this group I hope OU wins the National Championship.

dallen

Senior Tech

That's pretty crazy

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't like Oklahoma, but against this group I hope OU wins the National Championship.
I think they have the most complete team.

Alabama and Michigan struggle to score and Clemson can be scored on.

Oklahoma has the right balance of a good defense and good offense.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Alabama and MSU both score over 30 a game, so I don't see them as struggling to score. Both allow less points per game than OU too.

I think Alabama wins the whole thing. Coker keeps getting better and Henry is on fire.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Alabama and MSU both score over 30 a game, so I don't see them as struggling to score. Both allow less points per game than OU too.

I think Alabama wins the whole thing. Coker keeps getting better and Henry is on fire.
Both Alabama and MSU struggle to score against good competition, using an average where there where multiple blowouts against lesser teams is a shortsighted way to look at things. Anybody who has watched them play can see they are not a great offensive team.

IMO Alabama relies too much on getting the big play, against a disciplined team that will be hard to connect against.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Both Alabama and MSU struggle to score against good competition, using an average where there where multiple blowouts against lesser teams is a shortsighted way to look at things. Anybody who has watched them play can see they are not a great offensive team.

IMO Alabama relies too much on getting the big play, against a disciplined team that will be hard to connect against.
Giving Oklahoma credit for putting up lots of points in a conference that plays no defense is shortsighted. 4 of the top 10 scoring teams are in the Big 12. Defense is not a priority.

Alabama is also 4th in the nation with TOP, so them just relying on big plays is not accurate either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom