Week 12 Thanksgiving Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Panthers | 11/26/2015

kidd

DCC 4Life
Romo doing that was incredibly arrogant and moronic.
Funny.

Jimmy did that in 93 and people slobber all over him for his "confidence". Also when Jerry was in talks with Deion, Irvin was quoted as saying that the team was going to the Super Bowl with or without him and he could come along if he liked. Nobody had a problem with that.

Romo does it and it's arrogant and moronic?

Only because it didn't come to fruition like the previous examples.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Funny.

Jimmy did that in 93 and people slobber all over him for his "confidence". Also when Jerry was in talks with Deion, Irvin was quoted as saying that the team was going to the Super Bowl with or without him and he could come along if he liked. Nobody had a problem with that.

Romo was facing a situation where he was going to miss half the season. That is my only problem with it and I didnt think it was that bad to do that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Jim Mora quote gets mocked but there is a lot of truth in it. You have to be focused on this week's game whatever week it is if you want to successful
But isn't that what Garrett does? Stacking and shit?

Then you have Jerry contradict his message, so there you go.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Funny.

You are comparing a player to a coach. Even the greatest QBs of all time don't tell the team to climb on their backs publicly.

And I hate to break it to you as you are a big fan of his, but Romo doing that was the worst thing that could have happened.

It was arrogant and a little moronic. Take a look at his history when he's taken this team on his shoulders and tried. He can do it for short spurts, but eventually he is the guy who tries to do too much and ends up splashing a cup of Gatorade on himself when he fails.

Romo can't do it all. I know it seems like it, but he can't block for himself. He can't design the offense, he can only do his best to make it work.

It's great he wanted to try and I commend him for it. But it wasn't that hard to see that eventually you would see a game like he had. It is in his nature.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Plus, I don't see how you can compare the two teams. The talent differential alone is huge, not to mention having already won a Superbowl very handily. Jimmy's team was stacked with HOF level talent that bludgeoned opponents into submission. This team, not so much.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stupid bitch. But, the whole family is stupid apparently.
I mean what kind of stupid person makes a haircut bet on a football game? :unsure

What's really stupid is the broad she probably doesn't even know why they lost.

Before: WOOOO ROMO is BAAACK! GOOOO COWBOYS! CAROLINA WHO ARE THEY?? WE ARE THE 'BOYZ! UNDEFEATED? WHO HAVE THEY PLAYED? WE ARE AMERICA'S TEAM!!!

After: ~sobbing uncontrollably~

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I mean what kind of stupid person makes a haircut bet on a football game? :unsure
I have a friend that bets money that the cowboys will make the playoffs. Every year. You can goad him into the bet pretty easy but I just cant make myself do it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have a friend that bets money that the cowboys will make the playoffs. Every year. You can goad him into the bet pretty easy but I just cant make myself do it.
You have high moral fiber. Props to you sir.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck that. Take his money and then laugh in his face. And then go home and sob uncontrollably.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Fuck that. Take his money and then laugh in his face. And then go home and sob uncontrollably.
I think he was talking about you, pal.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So anyone going to watch Giants/Redskins just for kicks and giggles?

Top Bottom