Week 12 Gameday Chatter | Sunday NFL Games | 11/27/2016

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We have a stress free Sunday ahead of us. I'm not even going to entertain the idea of the Browns having a chance to beat the Giants. This will be a semi-bye week for the Giants.

That said, there are a few games that I'm looking forward to today.

Patrick Peterson is probably my favorite CB in the game today. The match up between Peterson and Julio Jones should make for one hell of a "game within the game".

Patriots/Jets has the potential to be a close game. On paper the Patriots should win this one easily but the Jets are one of those teams that plays Brady and the Patriots well. The Dolphins play the Patriots tough as well. I suppose it's the whole division rival/familiarity thing.

Seattle/TB is probably going to be close than a lot of people think. Thanks to last week's injuries, the Seahawks are back to square one with their running game. Which means we'll probably see them struggle to move the ball consistently.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm looking at a day full of Redzone. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
9 years to the day since Sean Taylor, the legend and best safety in the history of all of sports, was shot. If you don't believe me search for #SeanTaylor on Twitter. Skins Twitterverse is creaming all over itself right now.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm looking at a day full of Redzone. :towel
Probably the best bet for a day like today.

There's no "must see" game on the schedule this afternoon, but there are some interesting ones that are worth watching.

1bigfan13

Staff member
9 years to the day since Sean Taylor, the legend and best safety in the history of all of sports, was shot. If you don't believe me search for #SeanTaylor on Twitter. Skins Twitterverse is creaming all over itself right now.
Seems like every year his name trends like crazy on the anniversary of his death. He was a heck of a player. He struck me as kind of a throwback. Like the fact that he actually played with effort in the Pro Bowl.

Cotton

Staff member
Seems like every year his name trends like crazy on the anniversary of his death. He was a heck of a player. He struck me as kind of a throwback. Like the fact that he actually played with effort in the Pro Bowl.
I think time has made his legacy grow. He was a good player, but GOAT? I don't think so.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Kind of mean spirited but funny at the time.....remember when the Redskins had a string of incidents that coincidentally equaled 21 and the extremeskins homers were taking it as a sign from above.

Then they ended up losing their playoff game by 21. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Kind of mean spirited but funny at the time.....remember when the Redskins had a string of incidents that coincidentally equaled 21 and the extremeskins homers were taking it as a sign from above.

Then they ended up losing their playoff game by 21. :lol
Damn, I had forgotten about that. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think time has made his legacy grow. He was a good player, but GOAT? I don't think so.
I definitely didn't see GOAT material from him during his limited career.

In sports fans and media tend to do that with most young athletes who die tragically. I assume they do it as a sign of respect and reverence to the individuals family and teammates.

Len Bias OD'd on cocaine before he even took one dribble on an NBA floor. Yet when you watch segments on his story everyone swears up and down that he'd have been a Hall of Famer who took the torch from Larry Bird and carried the Celtics to several more titles throughout the 90s.

Cotton

Staff member
I definitely didn't see GOAT material from him during his limited career.

In sports fans and media tend to do that with most young athletes who die tragically. I assume they do it as a sign of respect and reverence to the individuals family and teammates.

Len Bias OD'd on cocaine before he even took one dribble on an NBA floor. Yet when you watch segments on his story everyone swears up and down that he'd have been a Hall of Famer who took the torch from Larry Bird and carried the Celtics to several more titles throughout the 90s.
Yeah, everything gets blown up when someone dies, especially tragically. I mean, just look at how art suddenly becomes 10 times as valuable as soon as the artist dies.

Cotton

Staff member
So, 1big, looks like we got the thread to ourselves. Wanna play some pinochle or something?

Oh wait, you aren't white.

Wanna toss some bones?

:unsure

1bigfan13

Staff member
So, 1big, looks like we got the thread to ourselves. Wanna play some pinochle or something?

Oh wait, you aren't white.

Wanna toss some bones?

:unsure
Spades?

Cotton

Staff member
I see you, Booze.

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Did this get posted in the Thanksgiving gameday thread?

I saw his video from the Ravens game. This one is just as funny and spot on.

Cotton

Staff member
"What a stiff arm... get off of me, young child."

That is insane. I literally said that almost word for word when that play happened. :lol

Those are just so well done. I hope they continue making them even after this year.

Top Bottom