Staff member

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I bet he's giving the one guy a handy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Joey Galloway is such a tool. He keeps trying to diminish Oklahoma's accomplishment harping on the close game last week vs. TCU.

Nevermind the fact that all the BIG 10 teams he's constantly slurping have a couple of close wins on the rectheir as well, and against teams who are much worse than TCU.

Michigan St. barely scraped by Purdue and Rutgers.

Ohio St. looked like ass vs. Indiana and Northern Illinois.

And if you want you can point at a couple of Clemson games that were unimpressive. The Louisville and South Carolina games.

Like the "sub-Tweet", Galloway is sub-lobbying for Ohio State to get into the playoffs. It's so cute. :lol

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
If Florida can score a TD vs Alabama I'll consider that a minor miracle.

I don't think I've ever seen a worse offense in a Power 5 conference.

D

Deuce

I wish Mayfield would have done a Guns Up there.

D

Deuce

If Florida can score a TD vs Alabama I'll consider that a minor miracle.

I don't think I've ever seen a worse offense in a Power 5 conference.
Treon Harris is horrible. I have no idea who their 3rd string QB is but he can't be much worse.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to say the college playoff picture is actually pretty clear this year. I mean Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson and Big Ten Winner seems to be the obvious set up for the 4 teams. It's possible that something would shake this up but I seriously doubt it. You'd need a Alabama or Clemson to get upset which I don't see happening. Although a Clemson loss would be really interesting because I don't know if I see North Carolina getting enough of a bump to get in. So then you start talking about a whole bunch of other teams.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I have to say the college playoff picture is actually pretty clear this year. I mean Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson and Big Ten Winner seems to be the obvious set up for the 4 teams. It's possible that something would shake this up but I seriously doubt it. You'd need a Alabama or Clemson to get upset which I don't see happening. Although a Clemson loss would be really interesting because I don't know if I see North Carolina getting enough of a bump to get in. So then you start talking about a whole bunch of other teams.
I don't see North Carolina making enough of a jump either. They are in the same boat as Ohio St. where they simply don't have the quality wins on their schedule. Ohio State has a win over Michigan and that's about it. So I don't want to hear their fans crying about how their only loss came against a possible playoff team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see North Carolina making enough of a jump either. They are in the same boat as Ohio St. where they simply don't have the quality wins on their schedule. Ohio State has a win over Michigan and that's about it. So I don't want to hear their fans crying about how their only loss came against a possible playoff team.
Ohio State is one of those teams that if they get into the playoffs it's strictly because of name recognition and would have nothing to do with their resume.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I understand that the lack of player development on the offensive end is one of the main things driving this decision but it seems like doing your homework and finding an up and coming OC would have been the smarter course of action to take.

LSU and their fans are acting like they have a long rich history of winning and that these 10 win seasons are beneath them and that they're entitled to play in the SEC title game every year. It's as if they forgot they were basically the Kentucky of the SEC West until Saban showed up approx. 15 years ago.

That said, I do understand the frustration of watching LSU's offense. It's been that way since about 2008. What makes Miles look look worse is LSU WRs are going to the NFL and are performing very well, yet you didn't hear much about them in college because of LSU's bad QB play/poor passing game.
Uh what?

LSU had a good history before Saban got there, They have never been like Kentucky.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Fine. They were the Texas A&M of college football. Decent but rarely great.
Not really aTm hasn't won a damn thing since 1938. They won the conference in 1998. Those dudes really fancy themselves as world beaters.

~barf~

dallen

Senior Tech
Uh what?

LSU had a good history before Saban got there, They have never been like Kentucky.
Yeah. They were bad in the 90's, but you go back to the 70's and 60's and they were really good. Kentucky has never been good at football, except those few years Bear Bryant was coach.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Not really aTm hasn't won a damn thing since 1938. They won the conference in 1998. Those dudes really fancy themselves as world beaters.

~barf~

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ohio State is one of those teams that if they get into the playoffs it's strictly because of name recognition and would have nothing to do with their resume.
Probably right, but I think they'll get the nod over OU because they are the defending NC.

FSU was clearly not one of the 4 best teams in college football last year, but they got the benefit of the doubt because they were the defending NC. Granted, they were undefeated, but still....I think the same line of thinking will apply here.

Oklahoma looks like the better team to most, but when they have to decide between two conference champions with one loss, my guess is they'll choose to give the spot to the defending NC.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised if it didn't turn out this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom