2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
My friends associated with the UCF program gave me some insight into their "Final 4" candidates for the next HC. Apparently former Briles assistant, Dino Babers, is the current leader with final interviews scheduled to start Sunday.

What he accomplished at E. Illinois and then in 2 years at BGSU have been impressive. I'm not a huge fan of turning into a Baylor style spread team, but I can't argue with his results or how I've seen him interact with his players and media.
That super spread just kills it in recruiting. Coaches sell those video game passing and receiving number and the prospects eat that shit up.

IMO, that's also why the Big 12 maybe has trouble pulling great defensive talent. "Look at those spread offenses, you won't even get to play defense there, come to the SEC."

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I can honestly say that one of the things I've truly missed in college football was the holiday season, big matchup between Michigan and Ohio State.

It's great to see this game mean something again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can honestly say that one of the things I've truly missed in college football was the holiday season, big matchup between Michigan and Ohio State.

It's great to see this game mean something again.
Harbaugh is really a special coach. I watched Rudock at Iowa just plain suck. Good and nice kid but he had no ability to move our offense consistently. The best way I can put it is he was holding our offense back. (It's why Beathard has been such a beast for us) Yet I sit here and watch Michigan and it's like a different QB. Making plays and winning games. The only thing that makes sense is that Harbaugh really is that good. Which isn't surprising when you consider what he was able to do in the NFL with a turd like Kaepernick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Harbaugh is really a special coach. I watched Rudock at Iowa just plain suck. Good and nice kid but he had no ability to move our offense consistently. The best way I can put it is he was holding our offense back. (It's why Beathard has been such a beast for us) Yet I sit here and watch Michigan and it's like a different QB. Making plays and winning games. The only thing that makes sense is that Harbaugh really is that good. Which isn't surprising when you consider what he was able to do in the NFL with a turd like Kaepernick.
He worked a minor miracle with Alex Smith also. Guy knows how to push the buttons on a QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He worked a minor miracle with Alex Smith also. Guy knows how to push the buttons on a QB.
I'd love to see him in Dallas even though I know that's not happening. To me he is the perfect coach to be able to work with a young QB and win games in Dallas.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd love to see him in Dallas even though I know that's not happening. To me he is the perfect coach to be able to work with a young QB and win games in Dallas.
For a head coach to win in Dallas, they have to be able to handle (and want to handle) Jerry Jones, change the rockstar culture and deal with the media scrutiny by locking things down keeping it football only.

In other words, the guy doesn't exist.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Eh. Was hoping Michigan could have put up a better fight. I cannot stand Urban Meyer.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Eh. Was hoping Michigan could have put up a better fight. I cannot stand Urban Meyer.
Yeah, I really thought they would put on a better show. Instead, OSU is running right over them.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Probably his best play all year.

Cotton

Staff member
Probably his best play all year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Excellent play. But he also went untouched and unblocked. Michigan treated him like any other defensive player. No double teams and no extra attention.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Excellent play. But he also went untouched and unblocked. Michigan treated him like any other defensive player. No double teams and no extra attention.
They did that early. Then they stopped after playing from behind.

D

Deuce

Holy crap. BC ended up with the #1 D in college football this year and go winless in the ACC.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Holy crap. BC ended up with the #1 D in college football this year and go winless in the ACC.
Yeah shows you a little how flawed stats are. In no way is that the best defense in college football. Still it was a pretty good defense which also shows you how bad that BC offense is.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He should get some serious consideration for coach of the year.

Just wait until he actually gets his recruits on board. They're going to be in the discussion every year for one of the playoff spots.

D

Deuce

Holy crap what a return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom