Week 12 Thanksgiving Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Panthers | 11/26/2015

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'd rather have a system that plays to his physicality more than a couple of plays a game.

There is no reason why he should be running as many long developing pass plays as he does. He is like Owens, he needs to be involved, a lot and early.

Otherwise, he gets wrapped up in whatever capable man cornerback he plays against and gets distracted.

Not everyone can be Bradley Fletcher.

You can only look at the games he disappears. And try to figure out why.

I will give him the injury mulligan. Why not. But if we return to this offense, with him doing the same things, then we kind of need to lower the expectations for him a bit.

I would as soon draft another WR capable of being a WR1 early.

I know we have given Todd Haley a ton of grief but he has no problem getting Antonio Brown open.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was being sarcastic.
I know you were.

We should be running way more slants with Dez though, so I do agree with Booze that we use him wrong. He is money at that shit and we refuse to do it more then once or twice a game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know we have given Todd Haley a ton of grief but he has no problem getting Antonio Brown open.
That is why factually speaking, our coaching staff is weak unless conditions are optimal.

They can't work with a backup QB and get the ball to your playmakers as the Steelers did with Vick and Landry Jones to Brown.

Say Bryant was injured all you want, but I don't think the results would be a lot different even if he was healthy.

The injuries ruined this season in more ways than one.

They are going to influence the decisions going forward instead of there being a little honest truth being spoken about what happened on the field this year.

Right now, the excuses are already coming from Jones.

"You can have the greatest talent in the world, but if you don't practice it and hone it, then it's not going to be at the level that it can be. Make no mistake about it, the [Jason] Wittens or any of these guys that are really, really talented, very few of them can walk out there, if any, and play at the level they're capable of. That's what's happening to Dez. He just missed a lot of time here this year and he's not at his complete apex of his A-game."
Some of his "A game" needs work and some creativity from the staff. But it is the case with any talented player or semi-talented player. The organization does not challenge them. Once you've made it, you've made it. Just some tweaking.

In a backhanded way, this was about conditioning and repetitions being held up as reasons.

Most great players aren't great until they stop telling themselves they are great and submit, always, to the idea they can continue to evolve.

p1_

DCC 4Life
As this is the game thread, I wanted to take a quick pulse. I was foolish and spent way too much coin to witness that sad excuse of a game. My non-game complaint relates to the absolute horrible halftime show.

Is there ANYONE here that liked that Luke Bryan idiot? God, could you possibly pick a worse artist to represent your team/city/stadium with the whole country watching? How utterly lame was that?

People will listen to anything, and then to call that shit 'country'. Its just embarrassing, kinda like the whole affair.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"We can't have performances like this. There are no excuses. We haven't played winning football, and we have to start doing that now or we're not going to be in the playoffs at all."

This is quote from Sean Lee after the game.

They really believe they have a shot at the playoffs still? I mean, wow.

I love how Lee will play with a bloody stump, but this sounds like we have a bunch of Stepford players that know all the right things to say, but are programmed by our idiotic owner to be pathologically optimistic.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As this is the game thread, I wanted to take a quick pulse. I was foolish and spent way too much coin to witness that sad excuse of a game. My non-game complaint relates to the absolute horrible halftime show.

Is there ANYONE here that liked that Luke Bryan idiot? God, could you possibly pick a worse artist to represent your team/city/stadium with the whole country watching? How utterly lame was that?

People will listen to anything, and then to call that shit 'country'. Its just embarrassing, kinda like the whole affair.
I'm a country music fan, and over the last ten years, real country music has mostly died. The shit mainstream calls "country" any more, is just pop music with a fiddle. Horrible. But I don't fault Jerry Jones for getting somebody like Luke Bryan to play half time. It's what the morons want to see, and pay for. Like it or not, he's what's popular today.

I didn't watch any of it. I headed back to the kitchen for more pie.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"We can't have performances like this. There are no excuses. We haven't played winning football, and we have to start doing that now or we're not going to be in the playoffs at all."

This is quote from Sean Lee after the game.

They really believe they have a shot at the playoffs still? I mean, wow.

I love how Lee will play with a bloody stump, but this sounds like we have a bunch of Stepford players that know all the right things to say, but are programmed by our idiotic owner to be pathologically optimistic.
This is kind of how the players have to play though. I don't want players who just give up. Sean Lee definitely doesn't have any give up in him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well, I'd have a problem with it if they didn't believe it. They have no shot at this point, but they have to believe they do. Anyone throwing in the towel now can GTFO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is kind of how the players have to play though. I don't want players who just give up. Sean Lee definitely doesn't have any give up in him.
I get that. Not talking about quitting or giving up. Of course you don't want them to start pointing fingers and tanking.

I just hate that the playoffs are even still part of the discussion. And we know exactly where that is coming from.

If they truly believed in winning one game at a time, that word would not even be mentioned at this stage.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
playing hard and insulting the intelligent of the fans by invoking "playoffs" are two different things

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
playing hard and insulting the intelligent of the fans by invoking "playoffs" are two different things
Judging by a lot of fans who are still running around using excuses and talking about how you just can't win with a backup QB are not all that intelligent anyways.

Has to be who he was speaking to. That dummy who is Jerry's sucker born every minute that he needs so desperately.

Even the players are marketing tools anymore.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I just hate that the playoffs are even still part of the discussion. And we know exactly where that is coming from.

If they truly believed in winning one game at a time, that word would not even be mentioned at this stage.
This is true. They've been looking down the road and you could tell by how they play.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is true. They've been looking down the road and you could tell by how they play.
I think they even overlooked the Panthers as crazy as it sounds. That didn't look like a team that prepared for them in any way, shape or form.

We have a very arrogant franchise still. It is even worse coming off a 12 win season.

The culture is just so twisted up.

They say the right things, but then you see little things like Romo telling Brady he'd see him in February.

No wonder other teams like to point and laugh at us after beating us anymore.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Concerning Dez...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They say the right things, but then you see little things like Romo telling Brady he'd see him in February.
Agree. I love Romo -- he's obviously about the only hope this franchise has -- but I didn't like that tweet about winning it all one bit. I know Romo is extremely confident in himself, but there was no reason to put that out there.

But this goes back to the offseason. So much talk about the Superbowl, so little talk about needing to prepare as hard as possible just to get a Week One win over the Giants. There's no doubt they got full of themselves and thought they'd just pick up where they left off last year. It's the whole reason I've had this sig since August or whenever.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm a country music fan, and over the last ten years, real country music has mostly died. The shit mainstream calls "country" any more, is just pop music with a fiddle. Horrible. But I don't fault Jerry Jones for getting somebody like Luke Bryan to play half time. It's what the morons want to see, and pay for. Like it or not, he's what's popular today.

I didn't watch any of it. I headed back to the kitchen for more pie.
Smart man. Why Jerry doesnt get a Willie Nelson is beyond me.
And Im not really a country fan, but I could get behind a real artist.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think they even overlooked the Panthers as crazy as it sounds. That didn't look like a team that prepared for them in any way, shape or form.

We have a very arrogant franchise still. It is even worse coming off a 12 win season.

The culture is just so twisted up.

No wonder other teams like to point and laugh at us after beating us anymore.
Romo doing that was incredibly arrogant and moronic.

dallen

Senior Tech
I get that. Not talking about quitting or giving up. Of course you don't want them to start pointing fingers and tanking.

The Jim Mora quote gets mocked but there is a lot of truth in it. You have to be focused on this week's game whatever week it is if you want to successful

Top Bottom