Week 12 Thanksgiving Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Panthers | 11/26/2015

data

Forbes #1
Why fire Garrett?

He's 3-1 with Romo and the only loss against an undefeated 11-0 team.

Yup. Put his head in the guillotine.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well lets call a spade a spade then. Garrett fucked up the entire stretch with Romo out but he will be given a free pass. That's really what you're saying.
I don't agree he fucked ip the "entire stretch." I would say in general even if he had Romo this season was below what I would have expected, and that's an indictment itself.

But I think docking points for having the scramble to adjust to your backup QB is kinda stupid.

dallen

Senior Tech
Oh, boy a Brett Favre ceremony! That'll cheer Tony up

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I wonder if Garrett will have the nerve to say "we did some good things" at his post-game press conference today like he usually does when we lose thanks to him not giving us the coaching edge.
I promise you at least five future props if he doesn't.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate to say it, but if Romo is out the rest of the year I don't even know how I'm going to watch the team from here to the end.

dallen

Senior Tech
If anyone ever tries to act like Vegas odds have anything to do with which team is actually favored to win remember the time a 3 win Dallas team was favorited over a 10 win undefeated Carolina.

dallen

Senior Tech
If there was any point to this season I'd be worried about Cassel taking off so much. Seems like his coach should remind him to be careful...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also if Romo broke his collarbone again, how can you even rely on him next year? You pretty much have to be prepared for another one.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
F Garrett. Two +.500 records in 5+ years, one was because he replaced a coach that actually sucked worse than he does and the other was thanks to an offensive line that exceeded expectations.

dallen

Senior Tech
Also if Romo broke his collarbone again, how can you even rely on him next year? You pretty much have to be prepared for another one.
He must've come back to early. He'll probably be ok next season. Collarbone breaks aren't chronic usually. Unless he has osteoporosis or something

data

Forbes #1
Wondering if the next 3 years will be like Aikman and his inept replacements...or more like Danny White and the QB controversy with Pelleur and Hogeboom?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
F Garrett. Two +.500 records in 5+ years, one was because he replaced a coach that actually sucked worse than he does and the other was thanks to an offensive line that exceeded expectations.
and was relieved of playcalling.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is a world of difference between saying Garrett won't be fired and saying he shouldn't be.
My feeling is that it hasn't been good, but coming off a 12 win season combined with the injuries and suspensions I don't think a punitive firing is warranted.

Another 8-8 season with healthy personnel would, I'd say.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Why fire Garrett?

He's 3-1 with Romo and the only loss against an undefeated 11-0 team.

Yup. Put his head in the guillotine.
But if he can only win games with his starting QB then I fail to see the value in him as a coach.

The Colts are stacking up wins with Hasselbeck. 49ers got wins with scrub QBs. But Garrett is sitting on a goose egg without Romo.

That tells me that Garrett isn't needed.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He is set up so well.

Never, EVER will face accountability for his scheme. Sorry, Linehan is a like minded stooge that is not even worthy of blame.

I am sure that the D will be scapegoated when all is said and done.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He must've come back to early. He'll probably be ok next season. Collarbone breaks aren't chronic usually. Unless he has osteoporosis or something
There was a tweet to that effect. Saying that he actually came back a couple of games too early and the chance of rebreaking was greater but the sense of urgency for Romo was too great that he decided to play regardless.

Top Bottom