2015 Week 17 Gameday Chatter | Redskins at Cowboys | 1/3/2016

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
did you see that, Jer?

That was a former assistant winning a division title by beating the Pack in Green Bay.

How about that?
That's absolutely sickening to think about. Fuck Jerruh. Fuck the ginger retard.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Guess I'm hoping on the Cam-train to make it to the SB. Think they have the best chance to win it for the NFC and I'll definitely be pulling for them if they face the Steelers or if the Pats get their ship righted and make it again. I'd like to see the NFCC be Seattle at Carolina. I think they are the two best teams in the NFC and both tougher than the Cards.

kidd

DCC 4Life
To be clear, I don't like either of them and I think they are clueless when it comes to Xs and Os. Zimmer isn't the first dork to ride Adrian Peterson into the playoffs.
This.

For those here giving him props, I remember the GROZ (Get Rid Of Zimmer) movement.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Parcell's loved Zimmer for a very good reason.
Why? Because he could go make a carbon copy of the flavor of the month defense?

I'm not saying he's god awful but he's nothing special either.

Garrett looked good last year with the right players in place just like Zimmer did this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Zimmer is a solid coach, but not special, just like his team is solid but nothing special. He's put together a decent defense to go with an offense that does nothing but rely on Peterson while hoping to hit a few play action passes per game. They beat a Green Bay team that's nothing compared to what they were last year thanks to a questionable fumble return for a TD that was a 50/50 call and was only allowed because the league encourages referees to let 50/50 turnover plays continue just so they can be reviewed without a team having to use one of their challenges.

A healthy 2015 Cowboy team beats the 2015 Vikings by 10-14 points on a neutral field despite our shit coach, so basically, who cares about Mike Zimmer?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why? Because he could go make a carbon copy of the flavor of the month defense?

I'm not saying he's god awful but he's nothing special either.

Garrett looked good last year with the right players in place just like Zimmer did this year.
Zimmer is winning with a 23 year old QB who threw a grand total of 14 TD passes. So yeah, I'd say he is doing a hell of a lot more with less.

Not saying Zimmer is some sort of an elite coach. But he is very good. He is an excellent teacher, one of the hardest working coaches in the NFL and he doesn't make many stupid decisions. The guy has some very positive qualities. He might not be a genius x and o's guy, but there are other qualities in a coach then just that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, let's not pretend that it was only the Zone that wanted Zimmer gone. No one here liked him either.

He's not horrible but I don't think he's special either.

townsend

Banned
Zimmer was not great here. His best year was 03 and that defense got demolished once it started having to face real offenses. He really struggled after Parcells forced the 3-4 on him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Massive over generalization. Sort of like saying a lot of people hated Sean Payton in Dallas.
I don't remember a single person ever saying they wanted him as our head coach, that they thought he'd make a good head coach some day, or even that they wanted him to remain as coordinator.

Bitching about "bend but don't break" was commonplace.

Not saying it was everyone but it is not a "massive over generalization" to say that by far the general consensus on Zimmer when he left here was that we were better off for it.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't remember a single person ever saying they wanted him as our head coach, that they thought he'd make a good head coach some day, or even that they wanted him to remain as coordinator.

Bitching about "bend but don't break" was commonplace.

Not saying it was everyone but it is not a "massive over generalization" to say that by far the general consensus on Zimmer when he left here was that we were better off for it.
I sure as hell said it. "Occupy and Engage" was one of the worst things I've ever seen from a defensive front. You always claim pass rush is the key to pass defense (over, for instance, coverage) now you defend a defensive scheme that actively discouraged our front 4 from rushing the passer? Unbelievable.

Come to think of it, I don't remember you being some great Zimmer apologist either.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I sure as hell said it. "Occupy and Engage" was one of the worst things I've ever seen from a defensive front. You always claim pass rush is the key to pass defense (over, for instance, coverage) now you defend a defensive scheme that actively discouraged our front 4 from rushing the passer? Unbelievable.

Come to think of it, I don't remember you being some great Zimmer apologist either.
I wasn't -- that's my point. No one was. No one cried when he got fired. I'm not defending him.

I suspect what he's doing in Minnesota will end up similar to what we thought of his effort here.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, let's not pretend that it was only the Zone that wanted Zimmer gone. No one here liked him either.

He's not horrible but I don't think he's special either.
In retrospect, he got a bad rating by fans because of circumstance. Bad DL talent for one. We all overlooked that. He also had to coach a 3-4 he knew zero about.

I think he's doing a great job in Minny. And I am not afraid to say my opinion about him was wrong back then either. It is far easier to understand when distanced.

townsend

Banned
In retrospect, he got a bad rating by fans because of circumstance. Bad DL talent for one. We all overlooked that. He also had to coach a 3-4 he knew zero about.

I think he's doing a great job in Minny. And I am not afraid to say my opinion about him was wrong back then either. It is far easier to understand when distanced.
I think it's fair to say he wasn't a fit for this team while Parcells was here. I think it's also fair to say he's had a lot of growth professionally from when he left the team in 2006. He might have been a better HC than Wade Phillips. But we passed on Ron Rivera too, so being good for the job doesn't have much to do with getting this job.

Top Bottom