Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Which is why I say if he can be brought back on a reasonable deal why not?
Brings us to square 1. Do you gamble on him getting better or do you deal with it by eliminating the potential problem which has a history of disappointment? Care to go around the block again? :art

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I would rather keep Carr than Claiborne, since I think Carr is a better player. Price be damned.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL Network invited questions for Jerry Jones on Twitter with the #AskJerryJones hashtag.

Some were funny. A lot were a bunch of homos whining about Greg Hardy. #bbgun

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
NFL Network invited questions for Jerry Jones on Twitter with the #AskJerryJones hashtag.

Some were funny. A lot were a bunch of homos whining about Greg Hardy. #bbgun
I guess you missed me posting this 4 hours ago, huh?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Cowboys star Greg Hardy has CANCELLED plans to host a Thanksgiving party at a Dallas nightclub over fear of more bad P.R. ... this according to the promoter and the club.
TBD nightclub in Dallas had been promoting the "Welcome to Dallas" event hosted by Hardy ... set to go down on Thursday night.
But according to the club promoter, Ron King, Hardy's people reached out on Monday and called the whole thing off ... explaining, "Greg can't do the party anymore."
"Greg's people said he was catching heat for having the party so he couldn't do it ... now I have to find some other big name Cowboys to sponsor it on short notice," King says.
TMZ Sports also spoke with club honchos who confirmed the whole thing.
We reached out to Greg's camp and the Dallas Cowboys -- all we got back was a statement from a team rep saying, "We’re not involved in that, so I guess whatever the promoters said is what you have to go with."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports?adid=TMZ_Web_Nav_TMZSports#ixzz3sY3ZK1ew

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Probably a smart move, Greg.

dallen

Senior Tech
The man hates Thanksgiving too!? What a monster!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brings us to square 1. Do you gamble on him getting better or do you deal with it by eliminating the potential problem which has a history of disappointment? Care to go around the block again? :art
Gamble in him being the same as this year? Yes

I'd rather that then use a first round pick or gamble in free agency on a corner who was thrown away by his original team.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would rather keep Carr than Claiborne, since I think Carr is a better player. Price be damned.
I don't know if I agree with that. Carr is so invisible. You'd think that's a good thing but he just never makes a play at all. He's always trailing his man by a few yards, though he doesn't give up a ton of deep plays.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know if I agree with that. Carr is so invisible. You'd think that's a good thing but he just never makes a play at all. He's always trailing his man by a few yards, though he doesn't give up a ton of deep plays.
And lost in all this is that the Dallas secondary has got to be the all time worst at giving up 3rd and long. The. DL holds down the opponent to 3rd and long and the secondary pukes up a first down. Carr has some responsibility in this.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And lost in all this is that the Dallas secondary has got to be the all time worst at giving up 3rd and long. The. DL holds down the opponent to 3rd and long and the secondary pukes up a first down. Carr has some responsibility in this.
Well the pass rush has left something to be desired actually, so that's a big part of the problem.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well the pass rush has left something to be desired actually, so that's a big part of the problem.
No doubt a pass rush would help but a formation they lines up 10 yards of the receiver the retreats at the snap is just nuts. Why would any corner give up such a pad then increase it when the snap comes. I can't really believe any coach would scheme it that way. You just can't get back to the receiver for any kind of effective coverage.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I think the OL bought a little too much into the "best OL in football" title.

It seemed like a lot of opponents wanted to prove that Dallas' OL was overrated and in most cases they succeeded in doing so.

Overrated doesn't mean they're bad, but they certainly aren't as good as most people make them out to be. They've performed like a middle of the pack OL this year.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
My last post was in response to a Charles Johnson tweet that he quickly deleted. He was essentially mocking the idea that Dallas OL was the best in the league. Talking about how they couldn't get any rushing yards or protect Romo.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My last post was in response to a Charles Johnson tweet that he quickly deleted. He was essentially mocking the idea that Dallas OL was the best in the league. Talking about how they couldn't get any rushing yards or protect Romo.
Pass blocking was ok, but couldn't do shit running the ball. It was horrendous. They seem to have real trouble blocking the big powerful DTs like Cox and Logan, and now Short and Latulelei.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

It seemed like a lot of opponents wanted to prove that Dallas' OL was overrated and in most cases they succeeded in doing so.

Overrated doesn't mean they're bad, but they certainly aren't as good as most people make them out to be. They've performed like a middle of the pack OL this year.
Wouldn't hurt my feelings to pull the plug on Pollack. You can't take over a good/great unit and have it regress like that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Funny because dez had him burned for a 70 yard TD and Romo missed badly. But Dez was wide open.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I wish we could determine what has gone wrong with this group. I don't think it can all be attributable to Callahan being gone. It's the same personnel, even though I see Smith struggling this year, and Free is back to his middling ways. It's baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom